Jayden Okunbor to appeal NRL deregistration for schoolgirl sex scandal

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
For now... Easily has a case for unfair dismissal, can argue it's an 'offence' that only warranted a minor club suspension / fine and not NRL tearing up their registration. I'd say they would front the appeal with this intent.
I'm not willing to speculate on what I don't know and I'm quite sure there's information not in the public domain so we'll just have to wait and see what happens...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
For now... Easily has a case for unfair dismissal, can argue it's an 'offence' that only warranted a minor club suspension / fine and not NRL tearing up their registration. I'd say they would front the appeal with this intent.
This isn’t a unfair dismissal at the minute though. It’s the players appealing the deregistration to the NRL’s appeal board.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
100% on the money. Good post mate.
Must be 200%! So good you praised the Estonian Puppy Dog's post twice!
So Max, are you going for the record of how many ❌'s you can throw out in a day?
You blokes couldn't stir a wok. Thanks for the laughs anyway :-).

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bold call when you don't know the contract that players had signed and with what clauses were in them, nor the reasons they were dismissed. All people are doing now is clutching at straws because no one here knows what happened.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Seriously...What about all other indiscretions made by other players after the revised code of conduct in 18/19 off season ???
Honest question. The players being deregistered. How much say did the club have in doing this? Or was it 100% the NRL's decision and the club simply had to bend over and cop it?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Honest question. The players being deregistered. How much say did the club have in doing this? Or was it 100% the NRL's decision and the club simply had to bend over and cop it?
100% NRL but the club says they support that decision.
When a club signs a player they have to register the contract with the NRL.
If the NRL refuses to register the contract (or in this case, if they de-register it) the player can't play which means the club pretty much has no choice but to terminate the agreement with the player.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Bold call when you don't know the contract that players had signed and with what clauses were in them, nor the reasons they were dismissed. All people are doing now is clutching at straws because no one here knows what happened.
That will happen when the club hasn't been honest and transparent regarding each player as an individual.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So it seems...
Otherwise the club would have been accused of being rebellious again !!!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This isn’t a unfair dismissal at the minute though. It’s the players appealing the deregistration to the NRL’s appeal board.
That's why I said for now. The NRL won't go back on their decision, especially not with Greenburg their... This will go further imo.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So it seems...
Otherwise the club would have been accused of being rebellious again !!!
Um ... that was an either or question :grinning:

Did the NRL 100% deregister based ONLY on them ... OR

Was the club involved in the deregistration?

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hey, what's everyone's opinion.... If say James tedesco or someone similar to his image/reputation had done this is there a different outcome??

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That will happen when the club hasn't been honest and transparent regarding each player as an individual.
Why would the club be 'honest and transparent' to the public? This is quite a private matter, isn't it? Too many factors, especially with the young girls involved, to give such detailed information out.

I'm with you that I'd love to know every single part of the cases, but at the same time perhaps I'm realistic in understanding that I'm never going to know it.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hey, what's everyone's opinion.... If say James tedesco or someone similar to his image/reputation had done this is there a different outcome??
Personally ... I think it's a pointless and unhealthy scenario that so many people on here keep trying to play out. The whole "The players are scapegoats" and "This player got away with much worse, why didn't ours?" lines are really meaningless.

All I care about it whether our club made the right decision. That's it. Don't care whether other clubs and players covered up shit, got away with shit or whatever. Not important. All that matters is whether the club has acted according to our values and belief system and within the regulations of the game. We'll find out soon enough I guess?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Personally ... I think it's a pointless and unhealthy scenario that so many people on here keep trying to play out. The whole "The players are scapegoats" and "This player got away with much worse, why didn't ours?" lines are really meaningless.

All I care about it whether our club made the right decision. That's it. Don't care whether other clubs and players covered up shit, got away with shit or whatever. Not important. All that matters is whether the club has acted according to our values and belief system and within the regulations of the game. We'll find out soon enough I guess?
it was the NRL who deregistered them

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
it was the NRL who deregistered them
Based on the investigation the club launched. The information the club got. The recommendation(s) the club gave. Wouldn't you agree?

Understand how it's easier to make this out to be the we just bent over and copped it from the NRL, but we clearly don't know if that's the case even though it's very unlikely that we did. The only thing could be is that the NRL went completely against the recommendations and findings of the club, which seems doubtful considering what little information that has come out from the club has completely supported what's happened now.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Based on the investigation the club launched. The information the club got. The recommendation(s) the club gave. Wouldn't you agree?

Understand how it's easier to make this out to be the we just bent over and copped it from the NRL, but we clearly don't know if that's the case even though it's very unlikely that we did. The only thing could be is that the NRL went completely against the recommendations and findings of the club, which seems doubtful considering what little information that has come out from the club has completely supported what's happened now.
Not going back into this lol

all I can say is, things will be better for the Bulldogs soon when Gronkberg is gone

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not going back into this lol

all I can say is, things will be better for the Bulldogs soon when Gronkberg is gone
Yeah. Going in circles a bit :grinning:

Dislike Grankberg as you put it :grinning: myself. The whole game will be a lot better without those currently in power in the NRL. Hopefully we can shake things up a bit and find a new direction.