Top 5 players from the 90's till present that would make it back in the day..

• Thread starter Alexander the Great
  • Start date

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It made my morning thinking of Kevin Ryan, Barrister, Ex MP firstly tearing CSmith apart with his razor wit and cutting words and then belting the crap out of him on the field.

Go Dogs

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Cam is a fucken skidmark bro, hate the piece of shit.
What specific timeframes are we looking at? Blokes from say 2000 onwards who would have held their own in the 70's/80's? Or earlier when it was just anything goes on the field?
Webcke and Civinoceva would've held up to pretty much anyone from the 80's era IMO. Chief Harragon also. Cheap shot merchants like JWH would've got sorted out with plenty of get-squares, not sure how well he can take it when he's on the receiving end.
Does it burn even more that he will go down as one off the greatest to have ever played the game ahahha

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
LoLo wouldn't have made it in the game up until the super league war.
The only one we know of today that could would be Cam Smith because he was virtually around then. Since he debuted in 2002.

Other players who could make it back then for me include;
Nathan Brown
JWH
Tavita Pangai jr
Tristan Sailor
Jarrod Wallace
Jai arrow
Josh McGuire

Our own Lachlan Lewis
Lachlan Lewis wouldnt have played FG in our side in the 80s/90s with the halves we had back then. Arrow lately is made of glass, they would have smashed him.

Gal to me seems an obvious one, he was an old style fearless battering ram (with no ball skills) like forwards back then

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Napa's self-stimulating of his anal gland mightn't of been held in too high esteem by Roach, Davidson, Les Boyd, Peter Kelly etc!
Lol like those guys didn't get up to any shady shenanigans, not to mention there were no smart phones back then.. Papi thrives on the collision, he would have loved it

A

Alexander the Great

Lewis? Sailor.

Your a real zib mate.
Nasheed here,
LoLo wouldn't have made it in the game up until the super league war.
The only one we know of today that could would be Cam Smith because he was virtually around then. Since he debuted in 2002.

Other players who could make it back then for me include;
Nathan Brown
JWH
Tavita Pangai jr
Tristan Sailor
Jarrod Wallace
Jai arrow
Josh McGuire

Our own Lachlan Lewis

A

Alexander the Great

Also think Bird would have made the cut. Hard as nails even thought he had his issue off the field.
Lachlan Lewis wouldnt have played FG in our side in the 80s/90s with the halves we had back then. Arrow lately is made of glass, they would have smashed him.

Gal to me seems an obvious one, he was an old style fearless battering ram (with no ball skills) like forwards back then

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Cameron Smith would of been bashed out of the game- fuck I would've loved to have seen it unfold. The grubby, whiny c*** would've been held up in a scrum and beaten mercilessly, and his whinging to the ref would've gone unnoticed with a quick "shut your mouth and get on with it" from a ref with balls: unlike today's hermaphrodites parading as whistleblowers.
Smith avoids being tackled because he knows plenty of opposition players would be chomping at the bit to give him a working over. Back in the "hardman era" he wouldn't of had the luxury of not getting hit, he would of got splattered with late, high shots and vicious elbows, spear tackles and the like. It would of been glorious to watch.
please cam smith is a dirty **** and he would of been giving it to the other players

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Lol like those guys didn't get up to any shady shenanigans, not to mention there were no smart phones back then.. Papi thrives on the collision, he would have loved it
Of course they got up to mischief: more likely getting on the piss and throwing some other pub patron through a window or giving them a hiding. Probably not doing a Miley Cyrus and fingering their own bunghole though I'd reckon!

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
please cam smith is a dirty c*** and he would of been giving it to the other players
He's a dirty **** in the cheap-shot cowardly way though, plenty of blokes would have beaten the piss out of the prick for that. He would've got flogged week after week. Would've loved to watch it.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Of course they got up to mischief: more likely getting on the piss and throwing some other pub patron through a window or giving them a hiding. Probably not doing a Miley Cyrus and fingering their own bunghole though I'd reckon!

lol I am sure there was some questionable shenanigans that took place back then but thankfully not every single moment of ones life had to be captured on film in those days

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Does it burn even more that he will go down as one off the greatest to have ever played the game ahahha
Doesn't burn at all. IMO he's not in the same class as Johns and Thurston as a player. By a bit of a margin too. He'd be on par maybe with Fittler, Langer, Lockyer etc

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Also think Bird would have made the cut. Hard as nails even thought he had his issue off the field.
I agree but if he is as injured back then without the physio's as he is now, we would never see him on the field.

A

Alexander the Great

Maybe but a few beers and a few bungers at half time like they used to do would have sorted that out for him.

I agree but if he is as injured back then without the physio's as he is now, we would never see him on the field.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Pretty sure he meant Greg Bird, not Jack Bird. Jack Bird isn't durable enough to withstand a full season of OzTag let alone the hardcore 80's version of league.

A

Alexander the Great

Jack bird = glass
Pretty sure he meant Greg Bird, not Jack Bird. Jack Bird isn't durable enough to withstand a full season of OzTag let alone the hardcore 80's version of league.

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cameron Smith would of been bashed out of the game- fuck I would've loved to have seen it unfold. The grubby, whiny c*** would've been held up in a scrum and beaten mercilessly, and his whinging to the ref would've gone unnoticed with a quick "shut your mouth and get on with it" from a ref with balls: unlike today's hermaphrodites parading as whistleblowers.
Smith avoids being tackled because he knows plenty of opposition players would be chomping at the bit to give him a working over. Back in the "hardman era" he wouldn't of had the luxury of not getting hit, he would of got splattered with late, high shots and vicious elbows, spear tackles and the like. It would of been glorious to watch.
Eiwyn walters told me he would go ok but would not look so pretty after the first scum he packed in . Also he is not a hookers asshole lol.

Last edited:

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Eiwyn walters told me he would go ok but would not look so pretty after the first scum he packed in . Also he is not a hookers asshole lol.
You betcha. He would've copped a pummeling. Cats didn't last long on the field back then.