CHN and Okunbor de-registered

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was definitely expecting an appeal from CHN and he might follow this, but an appeal from JO is interesting when it appeared on the surface he had the greater case to answer.
Which isn't known publicly remains key - so interesting to see how the appeal process plays out.
what I find strange is that nobody seems to know with certainty what the CHN situation was, yet both results were based on outrage

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
what I find strange is that nobody seems to know with certainty what the CHN situation was, yet both results were based on outrage
On the surface maybe - but the process would've had to have been conducted correctly before arriving at a decision.
Especially given the process was extended at the two players request.
That's why I say there simply has to be information the public doesn't know.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
On the surface maybe - but the process would've had to have been conducted correctly before arriving at a decision.
Especially given the process was extended at the two players request.
That's why I say there simply has to be information the public doesn't know.

I just think that if the NRL want to act on behalf of the people, the people should know

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I just think that if the NRL want to act on behalf of the people, the people should know
Maybe they can't though.
If you refer to the statement it spoke of 'serious and far reaching consequences' and protecting the welfare of the girls involved etc.
I just don't believe that the NRL acted without appropriate advice - and this matter is different to other matters of criminal process.
I know it looks inconsistent on the surface - I really understand that - but I just don't believe it's a cavalier thing for the NRL.
Time will tell.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe they can't though.
If you refer to the statement it spoke of 'serious and far reaching consequences' and protecting the welfare of the girls involved etc.
I just don't believe that the NRL acted without appropriate advice - and this matter is different to other matters of criminal process.
I know it looks inconsistent on the surface - I really understand that - but I just don't believe it's a cavalier thing for the NRL.
Time will tell.

Well if they can't tell us, they should not have acted on our behalf.. Jayden, sure, we know what happened, but CHN, the fans are supposed to feel like justice was done, yet nobody knows the true circumstances

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well if they can't tell us, they should not have acted on our behalf.. Jayden, sure, we know what happened, but CHN, the fans are supposed to feel like justice was done, yet nobody knows the true circumstances
We don’t know the true circumstances around either of them though....

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Someone must know mate.
No way they would risk an action against them if they weren’t confident they were within their rights.

Of course the game might change - that’s why it’ll be interesting to watch the appeal process.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We don’t know the true circumstances around either of them though....
We at least know who the girl was, and her actual age, where the first interaction was, how it progressed from there, etc... with CHN there are multiple stories.. he met a girl on Tinder, he met a girl at her place of work, among others... Do we even know as a fact that his girl was from the school?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Someone must know mate.
No way they would risk an action against them if they weren’t confident they were within their rights.

Of course the game might change - that’s why it’ll be interesting to watch the appeal process.

I am not saying they don't know, I'm just saying that if they believe they are acting on behalf of the people, the people should at least know what they are acting on our behalf for

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We at least know who the girl was, and her actual age, where the first interaction was, how it progressed from there, etc... with CHN there are multiple stories.. he met a girl on Tinder, he met a girl at her place of work, among others... Do we even know as a fact that his girl was from the school?
There’s been multiple stories about the whole thing. You’re going to be disappointed if you think the club or NRL are going to come out with a detailed account of what happened.

A

Alexander the Great

Chn has done nothing illegal. Maybe very horny behaviour but not illegal compared to the other players in the league that have been given the ok to play the game.

In sure in time we will get the story from the msm.
I am not saying they don't know, I'm just saying that if they believe they are acting on behalf of the people, the people should at least know what they are acting on our behalf for

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
There’s been multiple stories about the whole thing. You’re going to be disappointed if you think the club or NRL are going to come out with a detailed account of what happened.

I'm just saying that you would think the fans should at least know a little bit more if this was on their behalf, especially when you consider the high likelihood that CHN will be lining up against us in the near future, I mean, would he have been de-registered for his actions if they were not associated with Jayden's?

A

Alexander the Great

The board worked close with Greenberg on this situation so I'm sure it will be sweet.
We are in good hands with Todd.
I have faith in the board on this.
I'm just saying that you would think the fans should at least know a little bit more if this was on their behalf, especially when you consider the high likelihood that CHN will be lining up against us in the near future, I mean, would he have been de-registered for his actions if they were not associated with Jayden's?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I can’t see it happening. The public aren’t shareholders - it’s a private matter. They are neither required to explain and/or some particular facts around the incident they can’t disclose (most likely).

Outrage can work both ways - outrage for demanding a result and outrage regarding the outcome for those who disagree with the result.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Chn has done nothing illegal. Maybe very horny behaviour but not illegal compared to the other players in the league that have been given the ok to play the game.

In sure in time we will get the story from the msm.
It’s not a criminal matter and no-one has ever said it was. It’s also not comparable to any other incident perhaps with the exception of Barba or Carney. The facts may never come out, but doesn’t mean they haven’t been established.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What do you mean it’s on the fans behalf? They breached the policy of the club and/or NRL I’m not sure where the fans come into it? You’d need all the facts on the table to see the differences between CHN’s and Okonbur’s breaches to make a judgment on that but going off the media reports then you could say CHN was harshly treated being tarred with the same brush.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
There’s no evidence (at this point) he will be re-registered and available to be signed by any club - same as Barba.
Could that change? Possibly through an appeal process, yes.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
What do you mean it’s on the fans behalf? They breached the policy of the club and/or NRL I’m not sure where the fans come into it? You’d need all the facts on the table to see the differences between CHN’s and Okonbur’s breaches to make a judgment on that but going off the media reports then you could say CHN was harshly treated being tarred with the same brush.
the severity of the punishment for CHN was based on outrage, which was mostly generated by Jayden's case, given that nobody knows the details of Corey's case.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
the severity of the punishment for CHN was based on outrage, which was mostly generated by Jayden's case, given that nobody knows the details of Corey's case.
How can you know the punishment was based on outrage when you don’t know the details?