News Why Kieran Foran isn't angry about looming $500,000 pay cut

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're happy with Foran playing half the games and I'm the one living under a rock?

Yes we have millions in cap space, so should we waste any of it on a injury prone half who's failed to deliver for us in three seasons? Talk about low expectations!

I haven't expected to make the finals. I'm saying if Foran was the difference maker and as great as you and others are saying he is in those magical 10-12 games a season, then we'd be closer to the finals each year as opposed to being the perennial bottom 4 team we constantly are with Foran at the club.
We havent made the bottom 4 in the last two years.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We havent made the bottom 4 in the last two years.
Sorry we finished 12th each season due to some late wins both years but most of 2018 and 2019 we were a bottom two team before those wins in the later rounds.

So we were a bottom 5 team each year. It's semantics.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sorry we finished 12th each season due to some late wins both years but most of 2018 and 2019 we were a bottom two team before those wins in the later rounds.

So we were a bottom 5 team each year. It's semantics.
We're also a bottom four team on paper and have actually over achieved technically. At least for last year.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We're also a bottom four team on paper and have actually over achieved technically. At least for last year.
Fuck, you're right. We should have made everyone 12th placed premiership rings and given a platinum one to Foran for his integral role in helping us reach that lofty position on the ladder.

My point is with or without Foran, we've been below average. He plays half the games at best each season. So what exactly has he done to prove he deserves to be re-signed?

He's accomplished nothing as a Bulldog outside of racking up a massive physio bill.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Realise the tide of support against him because of all of the injuries. Share the frustration with all of you.

Without a viable alternative, and clearly we're struggling with what we've got atm, extending his contract seems a no-brainer to me. Especially at a knockdown deal. Hope that club makes it happen!
Depends what you call a knockout deal,$300k a season, +bonus if he plays s a certain amount of games,semi finals,etc,anything above that to much of a risk

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still one of our best players even though he has hardly played any games. We need Foran back as soon as possible. The covid situation is actually perfect for us. Hopefully Foran only misses the two games. We look a completely different squad with him in the halves. And honestly sign re-sign him for like 300k already

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fuck, you're right. We should have made everyone 12th placed premiership rings and given a platinum one to Foran for his integral role in helping us reach that lofty position on the ladder.

My point is with or without Foran, we've been below average. He plays half the games at best each season. So what exactly has he done to prove he deserves to be re-signed?

He's accomplished nothing as a Bulldog outside of racking up a massive physio bill.
Idk what you've been watching but like I've said multiple times he's our best player and when fit is a 1m half. Considering what's available I don't think it's a bad idea to sign Foran for 400-500k for a following one to two seasons even knowing it's possible he'll miss half the season (that's why he's taking a reduced contract). I don't want our halves consisting of Averillo/Lewis and Wakeham for 2021 as I think after adding three to four more signings to go with Thompson we'll be a top eight team. That half combination isn't going to take us anywhere (they're not ready yet and I want us to do something next year). The only player on the market that I would consider replacing Foran is Milford (and like I said I'd still keep Foran with that signing). I just told you even with Foran we're a bottom four roster. I can't ask for much more than what he's done for us when on the field. What does he actually have to work with?

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone tell us what Forans return date was? With what’s going on in the world does this help us with less games missed? I’m sure he would have a program at home to work on the shoulder and by the looks of it before the shutdown was working hard and ahead of first timeframe to get on the field

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Can anyone tell us what Forans return date was? With what’s going on in the world does this help us with less games missed? I’m sure he would have a program at home to work on the shoulder and by the looks of it before the shutdown was working hard and ahead of first timeframe to get on the field
Was told he would be ready around round 8.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Idk what you've been watching but like I've said multiple times he's our best player and when fit is a 1m half. Considering what's available I don't think it's a bad idea to sign Foran for 400-500k for a following one to two seasons even knowing it's possible he'll miss half the season (that's why he's taking a reduced contract). I don't want our halves consisting of Averillo/Lewis and Wakeham for 2021 as I think after adding three to four more signings to go with Thompson we'll be a top eight team. That half combination isn't going to take us anywhere (they're not ready yet and I want us to do something next year). The only player on the market that I would consider replacing Foran is Milford (and like I said I'd still keep Foran with that signing). I just told you even with Foran we're a bottom four roster. I can't ask for much more than what he's done for us when on the field. What does he actually have to work with?
I have absolutely no problem going into 2021 with a halves pairing of Averillo/Wakeham, they have plenty of ability that's worth persisting with...if it's a year too early then so be it, much rather see them develop than piss away money on someone that won't be there when we need him or recruit a big name for the sake of it.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Last season, if I remember rightly, we beat the following teams that made the finals;
Sharks
Wabbits
Eels
Donkeys
That's no great feat.

The Eels beat us 58 - 0

One legged leprechauns would have won. :p

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

Hes right. For the cattle we had, and the best of them on the bench half the year, we over achieved getting 12th. We were called for the spoon all year and before it. We have been below average, because we have had a below average team. Now we also lost CHN (one of our better players) and okunbor (offers plenty in attack despite his sus defence). Anything above 15th is over achieving this year too. We should be able to beat the titans. So the spoon shouldnt happen.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hes right. For the cattle we had, and the best of them on the bench half the year, we over achieved getting 12th. We were called for the spoon all year and before it. We have been below average, because we have had a below average team. Now we also lost CHN (one of our better players) and okunbor (offers plenty in attack despite his sus defence). Anything above 15th is over achieving this year too. We should be able to beat the titans. So the spoon shouldnt happen.
But 12th isn't an achievement now matter how low the expectations of the team were. It's just a higher placed really bad team. The difference between 12th and 16th is often negligible.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Which dumbass CEO signed off on a 1 million dollar contract?

Hill would never act in such a disgraceful manner.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can someone please outline to me the alternative to Foran? Get that people don't see Foran as a viable option because of his injuries, but who out there is atainable and roughly at the same level as Foran?

My thing is that, from what people have presented to me, is that there's really no one else. And people would like to stick witht he youngesters we have already .... which being honest .... scared the shit out of me more than keeping Foran who is actually an absolutely fantastic player on his day. Far above any half or 5/8 we have at the club. Far far above

A

Alexander the Great

Can someone please outline to me the alternative to Foran? Get that people don't see Foran as a viable option because of his injuries, but who out there is atainable and roughly at the same level as Foran?

My thing is that, from what people have presented to me, is that there's really no one else. And people would like to stick witht he youngesters we have already .... which being honest .... scared the shit out of me more than keeping Foran who is actually an absolutely fantastic player on his day. Far above any half or 5/8 we have at the club. Far far above
IMG-20200404-WA0032.jpeg

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Averillo and Wakeham are infinitely more talented than any of the youngsters we have previously persisted with..don't group them in with the shit before them.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran on his day is our best player, the fact he has only played a handful of games because of injury is the problem.!! If We had him at his best then we would be a far better team, we got him at the end of his career, it’s a pity it is. But it’s the truth.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Averillo and Wakeham are infinitely more talented than any of the youngsters we have previously persisted with..don't group them in with the shit before them.
I'm going to group them together as they haven't really been tested yet mate. And to rate them on playing one game together is a big big leap. Clearly they are talented, and could quite well be the future. However, if we're going to judge them as the future of the club then we need to judge them on what they've done so far. Has either of them shown enough this year to show they're the answer? Averillo only played 30 odd mins, no? Wakeham, as promising he is, didn't really show a lot though did he?

I'm not attacking you about this as I can't comment on how they played so much for obvious reasons. But, if Foran was getting paid 300-400k then I don't think as many people would be opposed to him being around for a year or two more to mentor the two blokes you mentioned.