Opinion Predicted R3 Lineups

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I'm pretty sure that everyone isn't feeling that good now that the NRL is suspended, so I thought maybe we could look to better times.
Hoping for the best, Round 3 would be scheduled for 1 June so let's try to predict what would happen then.
Many injuries would be better by this time, meaning we get some players back.
We should do one lineup for our side and one for what you think Pay would do. Lets start:

My side:
  1. DWZ
  2. Meany
  3. Harper
  4. Hoppa
  5. Smith
  6. Foran
  7. Wakeham/Lewis
  8. Tolman
  9. JMK
  10. Napa
  11. Britt
  12. Jacko
  13. Elliott
  14. Averillo
  15. Stimson
  16. To'omonga
  17. RFM
  18. C.Smith
  19. Katoa
  20. Crichton
  21. Sue
Pays Side:
  1. DWZ
  2. Meany
  3. Smith
  4. Hoppa
  5. Crichton
  6. Foran
  7. Lewis
  8. Tolman
  9. JMK
  10. Napa
  11. Jacko
  12. Stimson
  13. Elliott
  14. Holland
  15. Sue
  16. Britt
  17. To'omonga/RFM
  18. To'omonga/RFM
  19. Harper
  20. Averillo
  21. Katoa

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
1. DWZ
2. Meaney
3. Harper
4. Hopoate
5. Reimis
6. Foran
7. Wakeham
8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. Napa
11. RFM
12. Jackson
13. Elliott

14. Katoa
15. Toomaga
16. Britt
17. Smith

Not sure when Foran and Smith are back but I've included them anyways. I prefer RFM in the prop rotation but we need an attacking threat from second row. Holland could start over Harper but I don't think we should persist with him after 2020 so might as well give Harper some game time.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I predict there will be no more rounds this year and hopefully the nrlol folds.
I hope they do more than fold. I hope they collapse to a point where Greenburg gets sued and his whole life gets shitfaced the dog

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You’d think that if the nrl resumes Foran and smith could be available for a large part of the season.

only thing with Lewis and Foran is Kieran isn’t dominant enough to run the attack and create everything. And Lewis couldn’t organise a meat raffle.

You’d still need to persist with either cogger, Waksman or averillo who will have vastly different rates of success. Will fans be willing to put up with losses if it means you develop a 19 or 21 year old for future success. Or would they rather someone tried and tested who can’t cut it. But his grit will keep us in games more so then young natural halves that will take the all or nothing plays.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You’d think that if the nrl resumes Foran and smith could be available for a large part of the season.

only thing with Lewis and Foran is Kieran isn’t dominant enough to run the attack and create everything. And Lewis couldn’t organise a meat raffle.

You’d still need to persist with either cogger, Waksman or averillo who will have vastly different rates of success. Will fans be willing to put up with losses if it means you develop a 19 or 21 year old for future success. Or would they rather someone tried and tested who can’t cut it. But his grit will keep us in games more so then young natural halves that will take the all or nothing plays.
I'd be 100% behind the club if they were to go with Averillo and Wakeham as our halves moving forward. Yes it's a risk going with two young halves but the potential return on these two is far greater than the shit we've persisted with in the recent years.

For me we still need a fullback and hooker, DWZ imo was never going to be good enough longterm but I was somewhat willing to give him a chance...but after seeing his display in the first two rounds he just hasn't improved in the slightest and never will. JMK lol, bench utility at absolute best. Katoa has some ability but overall is pretty shit.

I'd personally be going after Cameron Smith right now, he ticks so many boxes and the experience of training and playing alongside him would be far more valuable than that of previous years combined. He's also ease the pressure on such a young halves pairing while giving us another season to reevaluate our options.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Would like a round 3, but is more likely we will not.. bad hand dealt = fold..!!

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep throw the kitchen sink at Cameron Smith. Tom Brady style. 1.3m per year deal should do the trick. Throw in a 2nd year option in clubs favour as well.
I'd be 100% behind the club if they were to go with Averillo and Wakeham as our halves moving forward. Yes it's a risk going with two young halves but the potential return on these two is far greater than the shit we've persisted with in the recent years.

For me we still need a fullback and hooker, DWZ imo was never going to be good enough longterm but I was somewhat willing to give him a chance...but after seeing his display in the first two rounds he just hasn't improved in the slightest and never will. JMK lol, bench utility at absolute best. Katoa has some ability but overall is pretty shit.

I'd personally be going after Cameron Smith right now, he ticks so many boxes and the experience of training and playing alongside him would be far more valuable than that of previous years combined. He's also ease the pressure on such a young halves pairing while giving us another season to reevaluate our options.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I hope they do more than fold. I hope they collapse to a point where Greenburg gets sued and his whole life gets shitfaced the dog
If there's no satisfactory answer on the allocation of the special player fund that the players are investigating now, then hopefully they insist he go.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If they re-sign Foran, it makes a total mockery of his 50% average games played. You just can't sign a player with a medical record like that IMO.

Well not a struggling average roster team like we are.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If they re-sign Foran, it makes a total mockery of his 50% average games played. You just can't sign a player with a medical record like that IMO.

Well not a struggling average roster team like we are.
Absolutely. No way you can keep Foran. I think his time has come to an end at the dogs and just rids us of another overpaid dib/Hasler signing.

Showed glimpses here and there. But his lack of speed due to injuries. Has lost the explosiveness that made him a game breaker for the best part of a decade. Could be a decent second fiddle player on a contender. But we got burnt by him for 3 years. So no room left for him here.

In saying all that he has been a thorough professional on and off the field. But just couldn’t string more then a handful of games together.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep throw the kitchen sink at Cameron Smith. Tom Brady style. 1.3m per year deal should do the trick. Throw in a 2nd year option in clubs favour as well.
Family will ensure Smith goes to Brisbane in retirement after next season in Melbourne. You guys are dreaming to think he'd EVER leave Bellyache to finish his career in Sydney. He hates Sydney.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Family will ensure Smith goes to Brisbane in retirement after next season in Melbourne. You guys are dreaming to think he'd EVER leave Bellyache to finish his career in Sydney. He hates Sydney.
They can not afford him. If they are thinking this way he's much more likely to go to Gold Coast.
Broncos can do some amazing things with their cap but not this amazing.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Round 3 team should be
1. Dwz
2. Meaney
3. Harper
4. Hoppa
5. Smith
6. Foran