CHN and Okunbor de-registered

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree with some of your post but saying what Corey did is just as bad ad Jay is rubbish.

In isolation, is what CHN is reported to have done as bad as Jay? Of course not. Unfortunately, we can't look at these incidents in isolation. The context is we're the only NRL club with an NSW North Coast rape scandal hanging over our heads in the past 20 years. Yes, that case never lead to any arrests, but the evidence/ optics remain - taking women back to the club hotel room for a root is an absolute no-no.

I'd love for you to please explain to me how you'd go about righting this 'wrong' by the club and NRL and make the case for CHN to not be de-registered. "Hey NRL, Foxtel and Channel 9. We are letting you know we support our players using their celebrity built upon the broadcasting of the game and money you give us to perform in the league, to hire hotel rooms and fuck all the local women that come our way in hotel rooms you (indirectly) pay for. You see, it's OK - they're two consenting adults and they haven't committed any crimes. You see this Code of Conduct thing we all agree to adhere to isn't worth the piece of paper it's written on. We'll also hand out Go Pros to the players and open up NRLHub for premium subscribers who want to enjoy watching consenting adults fuck one another - it's perfectly legal."

A

Alexander the Great

I was about to respond to you but checked out your TK history and your likes/dislikes and decided not to.

I agree with your on everything you said. You are correct the club made the right call in this and handled it great.

In isolation, is what CHN is reported to have done as bad as Jay? Of course not. Unfortunately, we can't look at these incidents in isolation. The context is we're the only NRL club with an NSW North Coast rape scandal hanging over our heads in the past 20 years. Yes, that case never lead to any arrests, but the evidence/ optics remain - taking women back to the club hotel room for a root is an absolute no-no.

I'd love for you to please explain to me how you'd go about righting this 'wrong' by the club and NRL and make the case for CHN to not be de-registered. "Hey NRL, Foxtel and Channel 9. We are letting you know we support our players using their celebrity built upon the broadcasting of the game and money you give us to perform in the league, to hire hotel rooms and fuck all the local women that come our way in hotel rooms you (indirectly) pay for. You see, it's OK - they're two consenting adults and they haven't committed any crimes. You see this Code of Conduct thing we all agree to adhere to isn't worth the piece of paper it's written on. We'll also hand out Go Pros to the players and open up NRLHub for premium subscribers who want to enjoy watching consenting adults fuck one another - it's perfectly legal."

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was about to respond to you but checked out your TK history and your likes/dislikes and decided not to.

I agree with your on everything you said. You are correct the club made the right call in this and handled it great.
My post/ comment history aside - if you can enlighten me on how you would run a National Rugby League competition or a club involved in one, that has standards that involve allowing players to bring women back to hotel rooms for an intimate night on club time and money, I am more than open to being convinced this is the right way to run an organisation in 2020.

I'm not trying to be a smartass - I'm simply laying out the facts. Talk me through how Mr. Abu Azreal would manage the broadcasters/ sponsors/ communities involved to get them to OK this decision?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
But Corey was thrown under the bus in this case and i hope he takes advice he has been given and takes them to the cleaners.
What makes you feel confident that CHN would win any potential legal case? He would have committed a clear breach in policy bringing a girl into the team hotel and it would be fairly clear cut.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

C’mon Max, that’s a bit of a cop-out.
Clearly you have a different opinion to some other posters and that’s obviously fine - but deciding not to reply based on a users history - please - have the debate.

You appear to believe that at least one of the players involved would win an unfair dismissal case against either the NRL and/or the Bulldogs - quote: ‘Take them to the cleaners’.

Some questions for you: do you believe the players weren’t given adequate representation in mounting their defence?

Do you also believe that the employers didn’t seek appropriate advice on their options?

Have we seen Ben Barba ‘take anyone to the cleaners’?

Last edited:

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I was pissed about the whole CHN but I admit I forgot about his checkered past. Some idiots just never learn.

A

Alexander the Great

Adam Elliot.

Breached NRL and Club policy by stripping down naked and having his old fella flap around whilst in the presence of Board members and officials. Also committed a criminal offence.
Charged by the police and made headlines and was made to appear before the courts. Good behavior bond and fines were issued by the NRL of $320,000.
No game suspension and was allowed to continue to play. Given full support of the Club and board.

Corey.
Hooked up with a 17 year woman on tinder, brought her back the room and did the dirty. Not a criminal offence. Possibly help Rashays not signed the contract.
Rubbed out of the game. Contract torn up.

I do understand they are two totally different situations but if Elliot was given another chance for a criminal offence myself and many others do not see how it is fair that Corey is Fired.

Both did the wrong thing and both Cost the club huge money. Rashays deal was worth 2 mil and the Elliot incident cost us 300k.

What makes you feel confident that CHN would win any potential legal case? He would have committed a clear breach in policy bringing a girl into the team hotel and it would be fairly clear cut.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Adam Elliot.

Breached NRL and Club policy by stripping down naked and having his old fella flap around whilst in the presence of Board members and officials. Also committed a criminal offence.
Charged by the police and made headlines and was made to appear before the courts. Good behavior bond and fines were issued by the NRL of $320,000.
No game suspension and was allowed to continue to play. Given full support of the Club and board.

Corey.
Hooked up with a 17 year woman on tinder, brought her back the room and did the dirty. Not a criminal offence. Possibly help Rashays not signed the contract.

I do understand they are two totally different situations but if Elliot was given another chance for a criminal offence myself and many others do not see how it is fair that Corey is Fired.

Both did the wrong thing and both Cost the club huge money. Rashays deal was worth 2 mil and the Elliot incident cost us 300k.
That's not how it works in the legal system they will just see that CHN has breached the policy. You're right that Elliott did breach the policy too but we don't know what the punishment is for those breaches.

I'm sure there would have to be some form of scale at the Bulldogs and NRL for various types of breaches and offences and unless we know what they are it's impossible to compare the two.

If one of the stipulations in the NRL code of conduct is not to bring anyone back to a team hotel CHN doesn't have a leg to stand on. I have no idea if it's there or not.

Considering it took them close to three weeks to finally hand out the punishments it would have been checked by a lot more sharper legal minds then you and me.

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Adam Elliot.

Corey.

Rashays would have pulled the pin anyway as no exposure with the pandemic causing the NRL shutdown. The Elliot fine was money we had banked so that is a loss, Rashays is money we never had.

A

Alexander the Great

He knows my stance on his questions because he had seen the back and forth between myself and Natboy (his mate) about the topic.

do you believe the players weren’t given adequate representation in mounting their defence? i cant answer that because i was not present for that.

Do you also believe that the employers didn’t seek appropriate advice on their options? i have no idea if they did or didn't. I would hope they did. have no doubt the people involved would have been in contact getting the correct advice in the matter but so did rugby union on the Izzy Situation.

Have we seen Ben Barba ‘take anyone to the cleaners? its going to be difficult taking anyone to cleaners when you belt your Mrs infront of two others players and test positive numerous times to illegal drugs.

C’mon Max, that’s a bit of a cop-out.
Clearly you have a different opinion to some other posters and that’s obviously fine - but deciding not to reply based on a users history - please - have the debate.

You appear to believe that at least one of the players involved would win an unfair dismissal case against either the NRL and/or the Bulldogs - quote: ‘Take them to the cleaners’.

Some questions for you: do you believe the players weren’t given adequate representation in mounting their defence?

Do you also believe that the employers didn’t seek appropriate advice on their options?

Have we seen Ben Barba ‘take anyone to the cleaners’?

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Losing two sponsorships at the minute with everything going on at the minute isn’t ideal either. It’s the real world and all these players always talk about rugby league being a business and they have learnt the real hard way. Something doesn’t have to be illegal for it to result in a contract getting torn up.
So we are all supposed to believe that the owner of Rashays Mr Rami Ykmour’s life to date is as pure as the driven snow? Even when he was a young man he never did anything wrong or make mistakes right, cmon we are all faillible especially when young of age, some of us are truthful and admit it, most don’t. Looks like we should ordain Rami a saint in future to reflect his unstained pure ways!

A

Alexander the Great

Considering it took them close to three weeks to finally hand out the punishments it would have been checked by a lot more sharper legal minds then you and me..

Agree i wont argue my point anymore. Let the sharper minds handle this situation. Good luck to all parties.

That's not how it works in the legal system they will just see that CHN has breached the policy. You're right that Elliott did breach the policy too but we don't know what the punishment is for those breaches.

I'm sure there would have to be some form of scale at the Bulldogs and NRL for various types of breaches and offences and unless we know what they are it's impossible to compare the two.

If one of the stipulations in the NRL code of conduct is not to bring anyone back to a team hotel CHN doesn't have a leg to stand on. I have no idea if it's there or not.

Considering it took them close to three weeks to finally hand out the punishments it would have been checked by a lot more sharper legal minds then you and me.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So we are all supposed to believe that the owner of Rashays Mr Rami Ykmour’s life to date is as pure as the driven snow? Even when he was a young man he never did anything wrong or make mistakes right, cmon we are all faillible especially when young of age, some of us are truthful and admit it, most don’t. Looks like we should ordain Rami a saint in future to reflect his unstained pure ways!
I'm sure he's made mistakes and he's probably had consequences for those mistakes too I'm not real sure on your point?

Last edited:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sure he's made mistakes and he's probably had consequences for those mistakes too I'm not real sure on you point?
the lads are getting much more than deserved consequence, they are getting a complete fisting

A

Alexander the Great

Im just glad someone else said it and not me..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hypocrisy is my point mate.
So by your way of thinking only absolute clean skins can make any type of decision or judgement? There wouldn't be many people if any in that position.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
the lads are getting much more than deserved consequence, they are getting a complete fisting
It all boils down to your opinion though and just look at the threads that have been created on this subject where there is a wide range of opinions. There was never going to be a solution that pleased everyone.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It all boils down to your opinion though and just look at the threads that have been created on this subject where there is a wise range of opinions. There was never going to be a solution that pleased everyone.
that's the shitty thing about this, it's an outrage case.. there has been more outrage towards other players, Dylan Walker as an example, yet for some reason outrage did not apply in his, and many other situations. If the line in the sand has been drawn, like they say, then sweet... but I am highly doubtful, if for example, another Souths player stuffs up

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Abu can you stop typing above quotes? It makes it stupidly hard to take you seriously. Having to go down to see wtf you are even replying to before reading whatever gibberish you are spouting.