Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Name me another time in history where pubs have closed?

This country is full of soft cocks now.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The reaction to this is a over the top. How to cripple an economy and cause debt on top of inflation.

This looks so engineered by elites and world leaders. Something dodgy is going on, whether it is a reset to a cashless society who knows. But they are going to destroy the workforce because this is going to drag on for 6 months +

Then they have the audacity to lock us up and fine us for going about a daily lives. Where are these fraud leaders when they were bombing Europe in the past? Where were they more recently when the Middle East has been getting blown up resulting in millions of deaths?? As if they care about a loss of life give me a break.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
a movie called How it Ends that has no ending? That’s the worst case of false advertising in film since the Never Ending Story.
Same as John Dies at the End. He doesn't die at the end. Great movie though.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How the fuck is horse racing allowed to continue?

*sarcasm*

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The reaction to this is a over the top. How to cripple an economy and cause debt on top of inflation.

This looks so engineered by elites and world leaders. Something dodgy is going on, whether it is a reset to a cashless society who knows. But they are going to destroy the workforce because this is going to drag on for 6 months +

Then they have the audacity to lock us up and fine us for going about a daily lives. Where are these fraud leaders when they were bombing Europe in the past? Where were they more recently when the Middle East has been getting blown up resulting in millions of deaths?? As if they care about a loss of life give me a break.
Now now, if you don't swallow this media driven bullshit, you're a conspiracy nut....

Go back to sleep and obey like the other useless eaters.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

How is this over the top?

Do we need to see 10,000 Australian deaths from a virus with no cure before it’s not?

Deaths including the young, the old and the middle.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How is this over the top?

Do we need to see 10,000 Australian deaths from a virus with no cure before it’s not?

Deaths including the young, the old and the middle.
China has a possible second wave ,and Bullshited on their numbers Italy may actually have double the death toll due to not testing the dead ,Spain's fucked and this is the beginning
Edit Spain just hit 10000 dead

A

Alexander the Great

I hope we have done enough to get onto this and minimise the damage..
China has a possible second wave ,and Bullshited on their numbers Italy may actually have double the death toll due to not testing the dead ,Spain's fucked and this is the beginning
Edit Spain just hit 10000 dead

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope we have done enough to get onto this and minimise the damage..
I don't think we have yet ,we have a few things on our side that say we won't be like Italy and Spain, but we have a lot of dumb ***** continue not doing their bit I understand what the government is trying to do when they are not confusing the fuck out of rules .but people need to do more and can do more without the government say so ,and that's just staying the fuck away from people, fuck the run in the morning if there's a bunch of people out there ,fuck the coffee shop if there's a que.
If woolies and Coles are employing so many more people bring back home delivery let the staff pack orders in gloves and masks keep the public away as much as possible

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Take your pick really. Nationalism is a broad brush, there are different forms of nationalism. If Nationalism does increase in the near future as a result of Covid 19, the chance of a massive war goes up substantially. The world was kind of heading that way anyway, almost everyone who can remember WW2 has gone, and the World trade and Globalisation that was begun in the late 40s and 50s specifically to stop another world war from ever happening again were starting to come under threat. Covid 19 has massively insanely accelerated the whole process.

So who might be the key players in a massive war? Here are some speculative views:

I'd pick China to go back into it's shell. China IS very nationalistic already, which is part of the reason it has done really well in the last 30 years, it has been operating in a context of unprecedented levels of Globalisation. China historically has been very insular, and as it sees nations around the world inevitably becoming more nationalistic and self-reliant it will probably go back into hiding. The fact that Covid 19 originated in China is also going to be a factor, the third world countries in which China has been trying to gain influence are probably going to cop it badly because of Covid 19, and do so for years. They won't be nearly so happy to see Chinese diplomats come knocking any more. China has tried to mend the situation by sending aid, but most of the test kits they sent don't work properly.

The US was trending towards Nationalism, but was still more or less fulfilling it's role as the world's policeman in the context of Globalisation. I suspect that the way things will go will mean that the US will turn towards isolationism regardless of who wins the Presidency in the coming elections. Not because of ideology, but because they won't have much option. The US is already getting hit hard, within about 2 weeks their death toll is going to go past Italy, and its going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Sooner or later they are going to start putting red lines through their overseas expenditures, whether that be military expenses or the billions they spend projecting soft power. They will risk substantial civil unrest if they don't pay significant attention to their domestic situation.

Europe is where the previous World wars kicked off. Keep an eye on threats to the EU, the current crisis is going to place a lot of strain it. The EU does two main things; it opens up borders, and it combines economies. Covid 19 has closed the borders, and the unequal manner in which member economies are going to be hit will make a combined economy harder and harder to maintain.

In all this Russia is perhaps well set. Covid 19 will effect their built up areas, Moscow already is taking major action against it, but the general populace of Russia is genuinely tough, they have a different mindset compared to the general populace of the US, UK, and western Europe. Russia is also typically positive for net exports, which means they have a good degree of self-reliance, they are generally relied upon. Russia has excellent access to natural resources, which puts them in good stead for an increasingly nationalistic international environment, and they tend to do well in both manufacture and agriculture. This is really important. Take for example Japan in WW2. Japan relies heavily on imports of raw material for its manufacturing. Australia stopped selling them iron ore in 1938. USA stopped selling them iron ore in October 1940. For Japan to maintain it's nationalistic ambition it had to try and take iron ore by force, which of course brought the US into the war after they bombed Pearl Harbour. Because Japan didn't gain significant sources of iron ore it couldn't produce weaponry on the scale the US did, and ultimately it lost the war. Russia doesn't have that problem. If it can ride out the Covid 19 crisis it could be well positioned. And I reckon Mother Russia might be holding a few grudges over the actions of NATO and it's neighbours over the last few decades. Look up "three seas initiative" for an example of something Russia is not happy about at all...

But what might actually trigger a major war? Hard to know, but if I were Israel and Palestine I'd be having a good hard think about patching things up and making out like they are friends pretty soon. Most sources of potential conflict are relatively localised, but that is not the case in the middle east. If Russia wanted a pretext to project hard power into the Mediterranean and Gulf regions, it is going to find the Middle East a pretty tempting target. If the US backs down as global policeman, Russia might decide it is time to sort out the Israel-Palestine issue "for the good of an already suffering world".
For a guy who likes his image to be that of a street thug rat, that's a very insightful and intelligent post.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Name me another time in history where pubs have closed?

This country is full of soft cocks now.
no. You're the problem.
If you can't stay say from a pub for two weeks, you're the soft one my friend.
Abstinence is strength, not caving to vices.

Australias problem is we haven't gone hard enough. Too slow. It should be easy for an island.

If all government action happened 3 days earlier and we stopped the cruise ship we could be winning.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Can any of you degenerates please post videos of Chinese spreading the virus?

cant remember where I saw them but they were posted here somewhere.

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
That's one, but one I hadn't seen before. Some others around

Status
Not open for further replies.