NRL to China ?

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NRL reportedly considered moving the comp to Gladstone but I wonder if they ever considered China ?. Because the Chinese bought in tight isolation rules quickly they are now able to start re-opening businesses, go back to work and even re-open theme parks etc.

In parts of China they build these ghost cities - virtual whole new cities and even though the overall population is huge it can take up to 5 years before these newer cities become heavily populated. As we saw recently they can build a hospital there in like 5 days - nothing slows down construction. I've been to China several times and the level of construction there compared to here is simply amazing.

For them to house the whole NRL (players, family and staff) and construct a playing surface (wouldn't even need seats) it would be nothing. The NRL could strike a deal with the Chinese govt. Probably have to quarantine everyone for a few weeks on the way in but shortly after that the comp could start. It's only about a 9 hour flight from Aust too (not like the other side of the world). Some big Chinese tech companies would soon throw in sponsorship $$$$$ and the games could be televised around the world.

Would be a great promo opportunity for the game also now while people are staying at home around the whole world with not much choice for sports to watch.
China can build things quickly but they fall down just as fast they just down tell you.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
It might work if you have a few Chinese players.

recruit Michael Chee Kam and goad Alex Chan and Matt Sing out of retirement.

don't know any other Chinese NRL players beyond that?

A

Alexander the Great

John kwon , karmichael hunt is half Indonesian .
Nasheed here,
It might work if you have a few Chinese players.

recruit Michael Chee Kam and goad Alex Chan and Matt Sing out of retirement.

don't know any other Chinese NRL players beyond that?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
John kwon , karmichael hunt is half Indonesian .
Forgot about them.

shaun Johnson is also a Laotian. From Laos.
People assume he's a Maori but he's actually Asian. Wonder if that will float the Chinese boat.

we need to full see a Victor Chang type in the NRL. I'm surprised we haven't.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
why don't they play on an island somewhere and promote it like survivor: nrl

its like a reality show type content in the build up to a match then the loser leaves the island

it works because you cant get more isolated etc

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Season pass games in China? No thanks.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I really want to see a full blown chinaman in the NRL like...

Yao Xin half back for Manley Seaeagles

And Ming Luu full back for Cronulla Sharks.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If we see a chinaman, it will be as a hooker, maybe a half.
15 years ago I would have said winger but not in the modern game.
Their bodies won't be able to handle NRL elsewhere. They aren't big.

A

Alexander the Great

I think his mum was Filo. He needed up playing in Japan thats my mix up.

Karmichael did a interview once taking anoit it. Pretty sure he is born in NZ but half cast indo.

Deadset about Hunt? Didn’t know that.

Wasn’t Craig Wing half Chinese as well?

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
FUCK
CHINA. Will be avoiding anytnjng Chinese if I can, i know lots of products are from China, but because of their barbaric ways and how they eat and skin, boil and eat animals alive I refuse to endorse them. They are a communist fuckdd nation , won’t release Hong Kong from submission and they are now why every single one of us will be paying bsck these taxes for the rest of our lives. They responsible for 2 other major diseases. They bought our masks off us before the out break then selling it bsck to us for twice the price. Fuck wits
Absolutely. Hopefully the rest of the world makes them pay in some way, shape or form for this monumental fuck-up they have created. Quadruple the prices of everything that prick of a country imports or something.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a proposal now to move the players and comp to an island off QLD but it would only take 1 bus driver, cleaner etc to get the virus to spoil the whole comp and waste all the money setting it up. In China the isolation rules are much tighter. If the NRL is to start any time soon it has to be in a country where the virus has been totally eradicated otherwise it's just going to be a waste of everyone's time.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely. Hopefully the rest of the world makes them pay in some way, shape or form for this monumental fuck-up they have created. Quadruple the prices of everything that prick of a country imports or something.
Guys you can't blame the govt or the whole country for what some idiot/s did. There's people in Australia who eat some weird shit I'd never go near personally. If someone here ate something strange and started off some disease wouldn't it be unfair to blame every Australian ?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Craig Wing had a Filo Mum. I remember seeing the documentary on him and gettin the impression that his dad made a seedy trip to the islands for her.

I also distinctly recall his Asian side was a big reason he picked up the Japanese rugby contract.

remember it wasn't a thing for them to get league players before him.

he looked Asian, looked clean, no Tatts and had a cheeky Mario Lopez smile so that's why the bat eaters took him. he only retired at the end of the last Rugby World Cup. At 38 or some shit. He banked it over there.

If You habs Japanese Rugby ambition, don't get a tatt.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Winnie the Pooh and China have the vaccine already... Probably safe if Politis could buy it for the league lol

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Guys you can't blame the govt or the whole country for what some idiot/s did. There's people in Australia who eat some weird shit I'd never go near personally. If someone here ate something strange and started off some disease wouldn't it be unfair to blame every Australian ?
I blame their government for being so full of shit and secretive about how bad this virus is. Not the citizens personally.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, they were told
To stop wet markets where sar and swine flu came from and they still
Didn’t ! Wet markets
Are still
Going on, they haven’t learned. Aussies aren’t that dumb stupid
Or ignorant. Tell Me why the government hasn’t put its foot
Down? Because
They don’t give a fuck, they are communist

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
No, they were told
Didn’t ! Wet markets
Are still
Down? Because
i
Actually agree
With
You on this.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
No, they were told
Didn’t ! Wet markets
Are still
Down? Because
It’s true... you’ll find plenty of articles plus footage showing the wet markets are back open again already.