CHN and Okunbor de-registered

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The club's statement went over and above the usual preamble and appears to most thoroughly support their de-registration.

We have to live with it now.

Of course the players have the total blame for the outcome but geez it's harsh on CHN (from what we know) and you'd think the Club may of thought something less life shattering was sufficient for him.

I hope the full story comes out now that they don't come under the rules of the NRLol and can give their side of things if they want to.

For me this leaves a very sad feeling and hopelessness, for the club's prospects, and for any real successful future for a long time.

Depressing but I hope the club and those players can come out the other side. Good luck to them.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
While both are grubby acts, this just punishes the club and some other club eventually will end up getting these players down the line.

Weve seen players do a lot worse and criminally as well and not get de-registered. I think our board was pretty weak just agreeing with the nrl punishment.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't believe people are finding this hard to understand. They did something they were told not to and it cost their employers millions of dollars. If any of you done this at your job you'd be fired. Simple really.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I can't believe people are finding this hard to understand. They did something they were told not to and it cost their employers millions of dollars. If any of you done this at your job you'd be fired. Simple really.
True but why we have sympathies for the 2 blokes, or some.. downright objection to, is that a host of other employees in the same firm have committed worse crimes and because they are favoured by the boss, they aren't penalised as harshly.

No one is defending their actions.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
it would be interesting to see what would happen if they decided to fight this decision in the courts

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I understand people are upset but that makes no difference. It also doesn't matter what other clubs players did or didn't do. They are employees of the Bulldogs and they cost us potentially millions of dollars by doing something they were told not to. End result anywhere is you would be fired.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It does matter what punishments have been previously handed out for bad behaviour by other players and clubs tho. It must be relevant to the circumstances. It is stated as an NRL penalty of de-registration tho the club supports it completely.

Do you know if specific behavioural instructions were issued in Port with consequences outlined.

I know its reinforced with playwrs attending classes. I am specially asking if these measures and consequences were spelt out in Port Mac. If so, no ifs or butts.
I understand people are upset but that makes no difference. It also doesn't matter what other clubs players did or didn't do. They are employees of the Bulldogs and they cost us potentially millions of dollars by doing something they were told not to. End result anywhere is you would be fired.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
So if rashays decided to pull the plug because CHN and Jayden both were pulled over for DUI would it justify their contracts being deregistered? The punishment needs to fit the crime, not what happens as a result

SLushY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Would it be possible once the nrl re-register them could CHN sign back with us?

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Absolutely they should be fired. It's reality that the outcome is taken into account. The damage to the Bulldogs has been extreme.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, break the law and you're sweet, break nrlol rules and you're fucked.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Absolutely they should be fired. It's reality that the outcome is taken into account. The damage to the Bulldogs has been extreme.
Yes but it's the media driven frenzy that causes this.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes but it's the media driven frenzy that causes this.
Exactly but that's a known thing. It's the world we live in and why the players are educated so much not do do these things.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, break the law and you're sweet, break nrlol rules and you're fucked.
Very true mate. The difference at the end of the day is money. Breaking the law gets you into trouble but in this day and age losing someone money will get you into more trouble.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Has any info been released on the time and conditions of their de-registrations?

Or as usual, just half information coming from Todd and unfortunately our club.

Did someone think...gee what next question will the public ask about this measure we've taken. Nah bugger em...tell 'em nuthin.

Just let them fight it out on social media wondering what de-registration means exactly for all parties. Is there a set time or term of their natural life.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
All players receive extensive and ongoing counselling about not taking females back to their rooms when travelling on club business. It is in the contract they signed as part of the clubs code of conduct. The club is paying for the room not the player, another reason why it reflects badly on the whole club and all of the players. Previous experience has shown it can get very ugly very quickly even between consenting adults. That's why it is drummed into them regularly, especially at the pre trip briefing sessions. Players also take oaths on their conduct in front of their teammates. Personally I have no issue with them being de registered if that is what they were told would happen if they breach this particular item in the code. They were warned and they still did it, they deliberately breached the code, not an accident, it would look weak in the front of the other players if they weren't made to pay the price specified. It could also lead to others breaching the code and claiming precedent.

As for re registration, it's not forever, they can apply anytime they like, it's up to the NRL to decide how long they have to serve. My guess is the NRL might allow CHN to re register before Okunbor, but how log that is is anyone guess. I bet even the NRL don't know right now, probably haven't even considered it. They need to pull their heads in, apologise, serve their time cleanly, do some community service and/or charity work, show some remorse for their actions and then re apply for registration.

Go Dogs

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's exactly right man, c*** will hate us and call us terrorists rapists and all that bullshit because mud sticks... Fuck the court of public opinion and fight for Corey! Over this weak as piss club... We aren't the family club, we've thrown our own under the bus in order to please the nanny state.
I've agreed with a lot of your stuff,over time,but not this,maybe u don't have any daughters,there are rules out there in society,and as players representing our club and colours,they are told constantly,about making the right decisions,how can anyone,say the club threw them under the bus,what the club has done now is they have drawn a line in the sand,cross it,and expect the same punishment,remember CHN had previous issues at Penrith,I feel for okunbor,I've had brief chats with him at club functions etc,came across as a decent bloke,but he is young,maybe a year out of the game will do him the world of good.