CHN and Okunbor de-registered

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Adam has other misdemeanours against his name. I think this is referenced in this mad monday court case link.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12...dam-elliott-asipeli-fine-escape-jail/10628126
I'm not aware of anything specific.
Yes, that story quotes the Magistrate that Elliott 'has a history of making poor decisions with alcohol' but I'm not aware of other specifics.
For MM, he went to court twice - once to plead and once to receive sentence. Beyond that I'm not aware of anything else on his record.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well there must be something "on record" for the Magistrate to mention it in sentencing.

Not trying to bag Elliott. But he got the benefit of the doubt, paid a club fine, stayed in the leadersip group.

CHN seems hard done by to me with loosing his career :(
I'm not aware of anything specific.
Yes, that story quotes the Magistrate that Elliott 'has a history of making poor decisions with alcohol' but I'm not aware of other specifics.
For MM, he went to court twice - once to plead and once to receive sentence. Beyond that I'm not aware of anything else on his record.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Well there must be something "on record" for the Magistrate to mention it in sentencing.

Not trying to bag Elliott. But he got the benefit of the doubt, paid a club fine, stayed in the leadersip group.

CHN seems hard done by to me with loosing his career :(
Bottom line, and I said this in my only post last night (there was enough crap flying around, I decided to largely stay out of it) is that I believe there are elements to the incident that have not been and are unlikely to be made public.
Accordingly I also think there are mitigating circumstances between the two Bulldogs incidents (MM and PM).
Everyone will have an opinion and that's fine, but the decision has been made - and for me it's time to move on...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If so, thats doubly unfair to CHN.....a lot of people now speculating that there is more to it....and there may not be. Unfortunate outcome all round.
Bottom line, and I said this in my only post last night (there was enough crap flying around, I decided to largely stay out of it) is that I believe there are elements to the incident that have not been and are unlikely to be made public.
Accordingly I also think there are mitigating circumstances between the two Bulldogs incidents (MM and PM).
Everyone will have an opinion and that's fine, but the decision has been made - and for me it's time to move on...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
If so, thats doubly unfair to CHN.....a lot of people now speculating that there is more to it....and there may not be. Unfortunate outcome all round.
I'm not speculating about anything. There was a process.
Both players had a chance to defend themselves with 'show cause'. I'm sure both had representation in that process - at the very least from the RLPA if not other counsel.
This is not something that the NRL or the Club would've just jumped to conclusions on - a lot of fact finding would've been required and much of that does not play out in public.
If either player feels they have been wronged with the decision they could appeal. We didn't see that with Barba though (yes, different specifics, but same outcome - NRL de-registration with club backing).

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wait so did the nrl de registered them or was it the dogs?

massive media beat up at its best

dear management

if you ever go to Coffs again. Just don’t go it’s easier for everyone

This time it was Port Macquarie, NOT Coffs.
Coffs was years ago. Try not to get mixed up with our off field issues

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not speculating about anything. There was a process.
Both players had a chance to defend themselves with 'show cause'. I'm sure both had representation in that process - at the very least from the RLPA if not other counsel.
This is not something that the NRL or the Club would've just jumped to conclusions on - a lot of fact finding would've been required and much of that does not play out in public.
If either player feels they have been wronged with the decision they could appeal. We didn't see that with Barba though (yes, different specifics, but same outcome - NRL de-registration with club backing).

let's be honest, a show cause was never going to work out no matter what they presented, just a waste of everybody's time

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
let's be honest, a show cause was never going to work out no matter what they presented, just a waste of everybody's time
If that's the case why was the players request to extend the time to defend themselves granted?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If that's the case why was the players request to extend the time to defend themselves granted?

Probably giving Todd time to take some of the heat off of the NRL or something, I don't know... either way, their minds would have been made up very early on

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Probably giving Todd time to take some of the heat off of the NRL or something, I don't know... either way, their minds would have been made up very early on
I don’t agree, but we can leave it there.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If their minds were made up as steadfastly as some on here...yes a waste of time.

Nevermind, the search continues for Bulldogs firstgraders.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So who actually made the call to boot them, the dogs or the nrlol?

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corey got done also..... wow.

I give up.

Nice one to the Board as well for throwing them under the bus instead of covering it up like every other club does. Again us the fans cop it .....................
Great attitude

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So who actually made the call to boot them, the dogs or the nrlol?
NRLOL but your club agreed with it.

Which I think is weak as piss.

Last edited: