CHN and Okunbor de-registered

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Faaaark.... Don't you just hate it when you don't look on here for a few days and then you come across a thread like this one. I started listing quotes to offer comprehensive replys but soon realised there were too many so here is my brief offerings..

Don't care about other clubs

16....?

No, just showing more character as a club for not tolerating fucking stupid behaviour.

Fuck Rashays, but also fuck these players. What role did manègment have in deciding to fuck 16 year olds while on tour representing the Bulldogs

Meh..

Again board didn't fuck 16 year olds, CHN and Fuckwitenbor did..

But yes, David Fafita would be awesome at any price.

WTF?

Sit on your hand until numb and then bash yourself so you think it is some one else doing it.

Parents have something to answer, sure. The rest is crap, 16 years old.

Nuf said

You are female and that's your opinion of 16 year old girls.. Ok

Wow,...just wow.
Spot on mate. Spot on. Ignore the haters. It's good to see someone with some basic sense on here.

If I were a Mod I'd be delating most of those comments as 100% journalists are going to be on here trawling for comments such as them. We're going to get painted in an even worse light because of some of the idiots on here ...

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam and his Instagram nudity went unpunished. George and his penis at NQ went unpunished. Dylan Walker still playing , Wighton still playing, May still playing, Ferguson still playing, Fafita still playing, Lodge still playing. An expert said it was more workplace health and safety than a sex scandal yet they are still de registered. I have 2 daughters so I get that what they did was at the wrong end of the moral compass but what I have an issue with is the penalty. It is so out of step with other misdemeanors that i am bewildered. All I can say is that the NRL have set a new benchmark so I watch this space for future infringements with women & it had better be met with de-registration.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lyn, hill and whoever else that has any say in our club have just bent over and copped this without even a fight....piss fucken weak!
She wants everybody in our club to be clean skins ppfftt the last time we won a gf we had a team full of anything but that

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Spot on mate. Spot on. Ignore the haters. It's good to see someone with some basic sense on here.

If I were a Mod I'd be delating most of those comments as 100% journalists are going to be on here trawling for comments such as them. We're going to get painted in an even worse light because of some of the idiots on here ...
Well you're not a mod :grinning:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are child supervisionary laws. Went through this all before, but because JO was at the school acting as a supervisor he was obliged to behave a certain way. Initial statement by Greenburg said as much with him outlining the training / support each player is given by the NRL and club. With JO there's absolutely no other way than for him to be sacked.

As I've said with CHN, I agree with everyone that it's harsh but I don't know the extent of his misdemenours, nor the details. I'll back the club on this.

I think the biggest issue here is our laws... I mean I am sure when the laws were introduced that 16 and 17 yr olds were more mature, where as many today will refer to them as kids... so basically our laws allow CS as some people are putting it.... that's my issue.. as a nation we agree that people of that age should be able to legally have sex, but then we condemn it when it actually happens

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well you're not a mod :grinning:
Mate. If I were no one would be on here as I'd run it like a dictatorship. Don't envy Mods if I'm honest. Not easy. Which is why I said "if I were ..."

They do need to be careful though

A

Alexander the Great

Good points made. Just ignore the haters and stick to your guns mate.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think the biggest issue here is our laws... I mean I am sure when the laws were introduced that 16 and 17 yr olds were more mature, where as many will refer to them as kids... so basically our laws prohibit CS as some people are putting it.... that's my issue.. as a nation we agree that people of that age should be able to legally have sex, but then we condemn it when it actually happens
That's all fine and well. Get what you're saying.

But, in the case of JO initial contact was made through a supervisory role he had at that school. This isn't a debate about whate age is best to be legal to have sex, and people need to stop doing that. This debate is about the fact JO was acting as a supervisor while there and in no way should he have continued contact in the manner that he did after the school visit. Especially to the point he had sex with her. You just can't do that.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam and his Instagram nudity went unpunished. George and his penis at NQ went unpunished. Dylan Walker still playing , Wighton still playing, May still playing, Ferguson still playing, Fafita still playing, Lodge still playing. An expert said it was more workplace health and safety than a sex scandal yet they are still de registered. I have 2 daughters so I get that what they did was at the wrong end of the moral compass but what I have an issue with is the penalty. It is so out of step with other misdemeanors that i am bewildered. All I can say is that the NRL have set a new benchmark so I watch this space for future infringements with women & it had better be met with de-registration.
It's always a new benchmark when it comes to punishing our club

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Seems to me you are basicly agreeing with the vast majority on here.

JO left himself open to critiscism by having an encounter with a schoolgirl he met originally at the school.

CHN a totally different level of culpability which is what the majority are saying.

JO probably deserves the punishment but CHN only broke the no females in your room edict.

If it was known that that was instant dismisal, then bye bye CHN as well.

As fans we don't know the full details and yet again - a scandal, our club not handling it well and opposing viewpoints formed by the club not telling or explaining the full rulings on the issues and why they could be sacked for these offences.
And again. I'm talking about JO on this. I agree that the CHN punishment is harsh but I don't know all of the story so can't comment.

It doesn't matter what the girls are or were, JO especially had a position of authority / supervision or whatever you want to call it. He abused that position. Had this happened to a doctor, policeofficer, subsitute teacher, whoever no one would be saying anything!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Adam Elliott has been to court multiple times, has actually been found guilty and is currently on a good behaviour bond...why is he still allowed to play for us?!!!

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Adam Elliott has been to court multiple times, has actually been found guilty and is currently on a good behaviour bond...why is he still allowed to play for us?!!!
He flops it out to the right people

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Honest question, which side are the "idiots" on, the sack then group or the keep them group?

Not bothered to go through the whole thread.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the players selfish stupidity? Sure am.
We must remember these are young guys with raging hormones & these young girls probably threw themselves at them, All you guys on this Forum got to ask yourselves what would you have done in their position, I can honestly say I would have done exactly the same thing as they did, after all you now what they say " A stiff dick has no continence " but really what have they done that was so wrong, IT was consensual sex & the girls were not under aged. When will the fucking communist party of the NRL realise they don't own these young players, What they choose to do in their own time should be nobody's business but their own as long as it is not illegal. These fellows put their lives on the line every week just to entertain us ( look at that poor Night's player who's name escapes me at the moment he is now a paraplegic over that tackle from the Storm player ) So it's O.K to bash and maim other people on the field for 26weeks. but not O.K to have consensual with legal aged girls

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Talks when it happened came mainly from me mate. And I think @DinkumDog while the rest of the kennel were trying to tear us a new one for saying it :grinning:

Parents can complain that they send their children to school and a person in a supervisory role has using their position to sleep with the child. Realise this wasn't the case with CHN which I've said, but in JO's case there's no denying that had he been a subsitute teacher for example, he'd be in much much bigger trouble.

That's what I'm saying.
Yes Steve that's correct, but not only the parents of the girls in question.
It could be any parent of any student at the school or anyone connected with the school who could complain and further action would be required to be taken, not necessarily by the Police and irrespective of any criminality or not.
I'm not going to get into it again however, it blew up into a shit storm last time and people will hold their opinions regardless.

At the end of the day there would be specifics about this incident that have not and likely will not be released.
Both players were served with 'show cause' and had their opportunity to defend themselves and had that time extended. I'd imagine both had representation during this process too, be it from the RLPA or perhaps legally.
The NRL made their decision based on advice received and the absence of criminality enables them to make a decision (similar to Barba) which makes this incident different to other incidents/clubs where items might still be before courts.
In this case The Bulldogs elected to support that decision, in other cases other clubs elected to do nothing about acts where the NRL had no jurisdiction.
It's never as cut and dried as many seem to think, but it's also not a case of bias or inconsistency on behalf of the NRL.

I have no issue with the decision made but I also think it's time to move on.