Who is the best player in the game right now?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I actually refer to the GF as him doing just that.
Remember, it was jack who won ten Churchill medal on the back of a losing team, after some criticism the last few years that it should be from a winning team in origin. Same concept.

that grand final was the roosters v Jack and if it weren't for two dud calls raiders would have won, dud calls that directly affected some creative jack play.
As many have pointed out, the situation re the trainer should have been a penalty to the Roosters for the canon ball tackle on Keary by Sia Soliola. RE the other call, the Raiders had ample opportunity and could not capitalise, so it's probable that nothing would have changed. What separates the best from just good players is nailing the big moments, and we don't see it from Jack like we do with James

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Corona Virus . This one person has transformed the game into a new era. He will be talked about for generations to come.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
no, it's Patterns* don't disrespect the guy by making him sound like a kids half arsed backyard rap group.
Ben sherwin played with luke patternz

Old news mate

I can dig up the thread from a couple of years back when u were playing the same game

Get some new material

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damien Cook in my opinion. Quiet start to the year though.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Ben sherwin played with luke patternz

Old news mate

I can dig up the thread from a couple of years back when u were playing the same game

Get some new material
What 'material'?
I've been very consistent from day one that Sherwin is the best player we have had. You are right.

I guess opinions are like socks for you. Change them every two days? That's fake. I bet you voted for Hillary in 2016.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
D Fafita is the most valuable player atm. Can score a try from anywhere and is probably the toughest and fastest forward in the game. Also young and has easily a good 10yrs of footy left

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
D Fafita is the most valuable player atm. Can score a try from anywhere and is probably the toughest and fastest forward in the game. Also young and has easily a good 10yrs of footy left
The thing with Fifita though, everyone loves his speed and footwork but his defence is ordinary IMO. Would rather a forward be a bit slower with punishing defence, leave the running races for the backs to concentrate on.
Decent player but not sold on his consistency yet unlike Taumalolo.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Turbo & Taumalolo.
Those 2 seem like really humble, likeable blokes as well. Sheesh it would be nice to have them on the roster.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Those 2 seem like really humble, likeable blokes as well. Sheesh it would be nice to have them on the roster.
Keep them two on the field and your winning most games.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Watching the game closely, I would say turbo tommy is the best player in the game.

Top 5:

1.) Turbo Tom
2.) Taumalolo
3.) Tedesco
4.) David Fifita
5.) Payne Haas
About right for top 5 but if have them in a different order. Teddy first. And maybe swap t turbo for c Smith.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
David Fifita is the Latrell Mitchell of the second row. He isn't involved enough to be the best player in the game. He's very good tho. There is no way you can put him over Taumalolo or Haas when looking at forwards. Latrell can do things that Tedesco and Trbojevic can't do (similar to what you described David Fifita can do) but we don't put him above them (even when using Latrell's last two seasons form).

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Another potential approach to this question, is what player out here could make the single biggest difference to the bulldogs?

smith!? Potentially could direct the game and transform us into a top 4 team.

wighton? I don't think he has smiths director skills but he is strong and fast enough t compensate.

turbo? I don't think so. However, he does significantly increase Manlys chances of winning when he plays so maybe there's a point.

andrew Fifita? Good but no way he could keep it up for 80 mins

Nathan Cleary? Can kick better than el Masri but I just never quite saw the hype with him. To me he's just 'slightly above average' halfback. Like a Blake Green.

Mitchell Moses? Would be the spark we need, I think wighton is stronger and lore consistent though. Less brain farts.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
David Fifita is the Latrell Mitchell of the second row. He isn't involved enough to be the best player in the game. He's very good tho. There is no way you can put him over Taumalolo or Haas when looking at forwards. Latrell can do things that Tedesco and Trbojevic can't do (similar to what you described David Fifita can do) but we don't put him above them (even when using Latrell's last two seasons form).
Taumalolo is already an immortal for me.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah.
He's good but he runs and slips a lot. Reminds me of Luke Patterns except the next step up. Also in a team that's as good as an origin team on its own.

wouldn't even put him as best in his position either because of the Turb brother
looks like most of the league agrees with me about James Tedesco being the best player in the world.