Frizell to Newcastle

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Thought the Bulldogs were building a Premiership side, we should of been in the chase.
He's not what we really need the most. It's also gunna be hard to negotiate with a Foran replacement (what we need most) before telling Foran he's not wanted next year.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just read the Knights are apparently having a big whinge because the dragons allegedly leaked this to the media for "revenge" on frizell for rejecting their offer :tearsofjoy:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So the NRL are officially blocking the move of Tyson Frizell to the Knights according to the Telegraph yesterday. Why is this going on anyway when the season for this year is in limbo.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
However I also think that this crisis will be enough to save Todd Greenberg. No doubt the NRL will say he's been an inspirational leader in a time of great uncertainty.
That is the saddest part of this Covid crap as far as sport goes. Scrawny, mangy shitbag weasel will get to keep his job and continue on his merry way fucking our once great code into the ground.
Big bad Toddy the inspirational fearless leader.....can only hope the shit hits the fan massively between the NRL and the Players Association over monetary dispute and the NRLPA demands to know where the mismanaged (stolen) $1.2 billion from the last TV rights deal has disappeared to which has resulted in the NRL having no slush fund for this crisis.
Greenchud might be sitting a bit more nervously if that happens. I pray it does happen, so we can watch the maggot squirm.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
A big fan of Knights recruitment over the last few years. Another great signing for them.
Yes and no, Tuala and Shibisaki are shit imo. Until they get good centres they won't win a thing

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes and no, Tuala and Shibisaki are shit imo. Until they get good centres they won't win a thing
They need to be tested a bit more before we say they're shit. I think Shibasaki's looked quite good this year tbh. I'm pretty sure this is the first year they've been starting centres as players (Tuala will probably lose his spot to Best tho). I do agree they're missing a strike centre tho. They have a really good spine (bar the 6) and their forward pack is quite good too. Ponga, Lee, Pearce, Klemmer, J. Brailey, Watson and now Frizell. I'm expecting something similar for us over the next two years.

Last edited:

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Dragons are a bigger basket case than we are.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
What right, does a team like the Knights have, to a player like Tyson? this sort of thing should be illegal

I know a lot of Dragons fans think it's all doom and gloom, but I'd be feeling pretty good about things if I were them, knowing that Mary's days are numbered and Flanno will be at the helm

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They did the sneaky with Klem and Frizell

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
They can have the best pack of forwards in the world but they still have Mitch Pearce as halfback, the chocolate soldier who melts under pressure. They ain't doing nothin' with that bloke as their leader.
It's like having the world's biggest wang but not enough available blood to get a stiffy.......good for show but basically useless. That's the Knights.
Klem is the ball-bag.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
They can have the best pack of forwards in the world but they still have Mitch Pearce as halfback, the chocolate soldier who melts under pressure. They ain't doing nothin' with that bloke as their leader.
It's like having the world's biggest wang but not enough available blood to get a stiffy.......good for show but basically useless. That's the Knights.
Klem is the ball-bag.
Pearce top five halfback.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Pearce top five halfback.
Maybe, for the simple reason that there are a helluva lot of shit halfbacks in the NRL at present. No doubt he has got skill but when it comes to pressure-time in a game winning situation during big matches he's a deadset dud.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Maybe, for the simple reason that there are a helluva lot of shit halfbacks in the NRL at present. No doubt he has got skill but when it comes to pressure-time in a game winning situation during big matches he's a deadset dud.
However, notice how pearce has never won anything as the dominant halfback. Everytime he has had relative success, he was not the most dominant halfback. 2010 roosters that got to grand final - carney was leading playmaker. 2013 grand final - maloney was leading playmaker. even last year in origin game 3, maloney was the leading play maker. You put pearce at the helm of the ship and it may sink. Gotta think from a newcastle standpoing that there would be at least one good five eighth to partner pearce - wether it be mann, tex hoy, crossland or lino.

Thing with Pearce that may be different now is that he is starting to hit his top game round this time. He's matured. So he may be read to take on the key playmaking role. WE'll see.