Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Of all the dead how many were of a healthy working age and not closing in on the final chapter of their life?
Probably too early to get accurate statistics but from New York statistics from 5 days ago:

Deaths by Percentage of Their Age Group (Example, if 10 people in an age bracket got the virus and 1 in that age bracket died then the percentage is 1%):

0 - 17 = 0% (should point out that 2 people in NY in this age bracket have since died, one person being 16 and one person being 1)
18 - 44 = 0.17%
45 - 64 = 1.25%
65 - 74 = 3.58%
75+ = 9.7%

Total cases and Total Deaths:

0 - 17 = 573 total cases, 47 hospitalised, 0 deaths
18 - 44 = 12,590 total cases, 971 hospitalised, 22 deaths
45 - 64 = 10,019 total cases, 1886 hospitalised, 125 deaths
65 - 74 = 3,354 total cases, 1,032 hospitalised, 120 deaths
75+ = 2,568 total cases, 1,103 hospitalised, 249 deaths

Of course these stats are now old and don't take into account the extra variables like the cases that were never detected or deaths not yet confirmed to have Coronavirus.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The average for critical case (requiring ICU) percentage across the world is around 5%. In Australia it's currently at 1% so we're pretty well off in that regard. We have 3,920 active cases and only 28 in ICU. We currently have 2,200 ICU beds so we're alright there right now especially if we hang around the current figures. If it jumps up to 20,000 active cases then we'll be in trouble, keeping in mind that while we have 2,200 ICU beds, they aren't all empty.

But at this stage it's showing promise as long as we don't say, "Hey, look, cases are dropping, let's remove all restrictions"
It seems as though the people in charge are confident that the curve of infected persons from overseas is starting to come under control. The concern they seem to have is "second wave", local infections sparked by all the overseas infected that were not properly dealt with a week or two ago.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Throughout the world some places of worship remain open with no social distancing, people kissing religious relics and receiving communion from a single item.

Why, because their god will protect them and you can't catch the virus in a holy place etc.

This type of thinking is what shits me about religion, brainwashed and disregard for scientific facts.
Just like you said some religious places, its only some religious people doing this. Don't be a typical atheist and try to blanket every religious person.

I am religious but love science too.

PS a lot of you atheists are brainwashed too, not saying you are. Takes a lot of faith to believe nothing hit nothing and created everything....

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It seems as though the people in charge are confident that the curve of infected persons from overseas is starting to come under control. The concern they seem to have is "second wave", local infections sparked by all the overseas infected that were not properly dealt with a week or two ago.
Yep. That's definitely a big unknown of concern. In places like Italy and New York there wasn't a large jump in cases until they stopped letting new people in. It's the local person to person spread that could potentially cause massive problems.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably too early to get accurate statistics but from New York statistics from 5 days ago:

Deaths by Percentage of Their Age Group (Example, if 10 people in an age bracket got the virus and 1 in that age bracket died then the percentage is 1%):

0 - 17 = 0% (should point out that 2 people in NY in this age bracket have since died, one person being 16 and one person being 1)
18 - 44 = 0.17%
45 - 64 = 1.25%
65 - 74 = 3.58%
75+ = 9.7%

Total cases and Total Deaths:

0 - 17 = 573 total cases, 47 hospitalised, 0 deaths
18 - 44 = 12,590 total cases, 971 hospitalised, 22 deaths
45 - 64 = 10,019 total cases, 1886 hospitalised, 125 deaths
65 - 74 = 3,354 total cases, 1,032 hospitalised, 120 deaths
75+ = 2,568 total cases, 1,103 hospitalised, 249 deaths

Of course these stats are now old and don't take into account the extra variables like the cases that were never detected or deaths not yet confirmed to have Coronavirus.
Forget New York I'm mainly worried about Sydneys stats.
Still if you look at the stats it seems to be hitting the elderly.

What other health problems did these elderly already have prior to the China virus?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
You're definitely someone I need to meet up with and have a conversation.

Its always refreshing to know theres guys who still question things and think freely!
Appreciate the sentiment mate. I'm a bit awkward when it comes to meeting folks from online.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Appreciate the sentiment mate. I'm a bit awkward when it comes to meeting folks from online.
You introverted bastard! Lol.

I'm not too worried about meeting people in person from online.

I just refuse to meet any cute women who refuse to post pics other than close up selfies!

Those girls are not being completely honest thats why.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Forget New York I'm mainly worried about Sydneys stats.
Still if you look at the stats it seems to be hitting the elderly.

What other health problems did these elderly already have prior to the China virus?
Couldn't say at this stage. We're fortunate that we don't have enough cases to conclude anything.

We're also not testing most people so there's a decent chance we have a lot more cases but don't know about it. Fortunately those people aren't likely to die though.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Just like you said some religious places, its only some religious people doing this. Don't be a typical atheist and try to blanket every religious person.

PS a lot of you atheists are brainwashed too, not saying you are. Takes a lot of faith to believe nothing hit nothing and created everything....
Too true, it's not every religion doing this.
But the ones that are still behaving like this are a bloody worry. Once they start dropping like flies they hopefully will realise "hey, (insert name here) hasn't protected us we need to heed warnings and protocols like everyone else in society". Let's fucken hope so anyway bro.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Some fuckwits here in Queenstown NZ (all backpackers) decided it would be cool to have a party/gathering, there was about 60 of them, police shut it down pretty quick.. what a bunch of twats.. absolutely ignoring the rules put it place.. STUPIDITY.!!!

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I’m an atheist first and foremost because of my background being a member of the Australian Skeptics and study of Astronomy.

This is why I’m not a believer in a God or tax breaks for religion in addition to the following who should be charged with fraud, Astrology, Fortune Tellers, Mind Readers, Tarot Card Readers, Communication With The Dead etc plus UFO’s,demons, ghosts, spirits etc, it’s not about being brainwashed or faith, it’s all about scientific proof.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Some fuckwits here in Queenstown NZ (all backpackers) decided it would be cool to have a party/gathering, there was about 60 of them, police shut it down pretty quick.. what a bunch of twats.. absolutely ignoring the rules put it place.. STUPIDITY.!!!
Mate there's no accounting for stupidity, should have gone out and coughed on the lot of them.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Too true, it's not every religion doing this.
But the ones that are still behaving like this are a bloody worry. Once they start dropping like flies they hopefully will realise "hey, (insert name here) hasn't protected us we need to heed warnings and protocols like everyone else in society". Let's fucken hope so anyway bro.
I agree. Like I said, I'm religious and I love science.

I'm not going to go around and do stupid shit that can harm others and say "I'm ok, God has my back".

Harming others isn't very religious at all.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I’m an atheist first and foremost because of my background being a member of the Australian Skeptics and study of Astronomy.

This is why I’m not a believer in a God or tax breaks for religion in addition to the following who should be charged with fraud, Astrology, Fortune Tellers, Mind Readers, Tarot Card Readers, Communication With The Dead etc plus UFO’s,demons, ghosts, spirits etc, it’s not about being brainwashed or faith, it’s all about scientific proof.
That's all good and it's your prerogative.

For the record I have faith (Christianity) but I don't subscribe to any man made religion (IE Catholics etc). Religion is man made and corrupt/corruptable, just like every man made thing. I am a follower of Christ, not man.

I love my faith but I hate religion. Most people don't even know the difference.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
This is one of the reasons why I can see the government bringing in Martial Law. Stupid ***** wrecking it for the people by basically forcing the government to get tougher.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's all good and it's your prerogative.

For the record I have faith (Christianity) but I don't subscribe to any man made religion (IE Catholics etc). Religion is man made and corrupt/corruptable, just like every man made thing. I am a follower of Christ, not man.

I love my faith but I hate religion. Most people don't even know the difference.
Fair enough.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Obey at all times.
Neglect individual thought.
Curb apathy!
Individual thought is great and should be encouraged.
But those dickheads in NZ throwing that party.....the army should of barricaded the premises and lobbed grenades in there. Dickheads putting innocent people's health at risk should be viciously dealt with, no exceptions.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Individual thought is great and should be encouraged.
But those dickheads in NZ throwing that party.....the army should of barricaded the premises and lobbed grenades in there. Dickheads putting innocent people's health at risk should be viciously dealt with, no exceptions.
Yeah alcohol is shit.
Those people partying were all being a bunch of sheep anyway just as bad as everyone basing their fear off stats!

Status
Not open for further replies.