News Another sponsor terminates deal

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think they will be be sacked over this no questions asked although it was consensual it’s morally wrong and that’s the nail in the coffin

I can't wait to see how it's going to turn out if players are going to be sacked for doing things that are "morally wrong" lol there will be nobody playing the game in 5 years

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Commercial Builders. They mainly do fitouts. I do a fair amount of work with them. Good company.

They just sent me the email:

Hello All,

MPA were recently notified by Canterbury Bulldogs management of the off-field allegations relating to two Bulldogs players.

As a result, MPA terminated our sponsorship agreement with the Canterbury Bulldogs on Wednesday, which was a high performance partnership with the coaching team.

We are disappointed that circumstances have required this action, however it is imperative that the values we strive for are reflected in the organisations we choose to align with.

We will continue to support the community through other charitable and corporate sponsorship programs, focusing on tangible outcomes and assisting those in need.

Edward Singleton
Director, MPA

fair enough

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Commercial Builders. They mainly do fitouts. I do a fair amount of work with them. Good company.

They just sent me the email:

Hello All,

MPA were recently notified by Canterbury Bulldogs management of the off-field allegations relating to two Bulldogs players.

As a result, MPA terminated our sponsorship agreement with the Canterbury Bulldogs on Wednesday, which was a high performance partnership with the coaching team.

We are disappointed that circumstances have required this action, however it is imperative that the values we strive for are reflected in the organisations we choose to align with.

We will continue to support the community through other charitable and corporate sponsorship programs, focusing on tangible outcomes and assisting those in need.

Edward Singleton
Director, MPA
Wait, I thought you were a chef?! Lol

mickdee

Waterboy
Reaction score
They can’t get the sack been told by a solicitor that they will end up in court and sue the NRL

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Technically. Worked as a chef for about 12 years. Now working in commercial electronic security.
Thank god. In my head I 100% had you as a chef and I genuinely couldn't accept an answer where you claimed you weren't lol.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah mentioned this yesterday in the thread about Sydney Tools

Quick *****, Boycott MPA and whatever the fuck they do!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah mentioned this yesterday in the thread about Sydney Tools

Quick *****, Boycott MPA and whatever the fuck they do!
The boycott list is so long now it might be easier to tell everyone where they can buy goods and services from.

Last edited:

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The boycott list is so long now it might be easier to tell everyone where they can buy goods and services from.
I aint buying no KIAs man, i only drink pepsi max and only eat bcaa suppies
I will go out of my way to t-bone a KIA

faark imagine a **** comes down the street driving an MPA branded kia on the way to take his kids to that local family restaurant called Rashays. Hes asking for it

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't wait to see how it's going to turn out if players are going to be sacked for doing things that are "morally wrong" lol there will be nobody playing the game in 5 years
Yeah true no consistency in the nrl and our club reports it before it becomes a big conspiracy and they lose in the long run treated as if they knew and were covering it up

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I aint buying no KIAs man, i only drink pepsi max and only eat bcaa suppies
I will go out of my way to t-bone a KIA

faark imagine a **** comes down the street driving an MPA branded kia on the way to take his kids to that local family restaurant called Rashays. Hes asking for it

followed by a quick stop at the local Coles to pick up some Wicked Sister desserts on the way home

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Even supporters have said it and questioned their support so we can't blame sponsors in a financial busness decision.

After that performance last night, plenty will have a change of heart and stick with us.
Can’t really blame MPA they have been a long time sponsor. They stood by us during Mad Monday and Napa so there has to come to a point where you say that’s enough.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Meh who cares....

The problem is the media are ringing all our sponsors and pressuring them to quit... the more you click and pay attention to this rubbish journalism the more pressure they'll apply to our other sponsors.

Our club did nothing wrong and have handled it great...
Agree. But to compare situations, look at the Parra Sivo incident, alleged to have harrassed a female bartender at a pool party, tugging on her skirt in order to get her attention... mind you, he was granted bail so I doubt that was the only misdemeanour. You don’t end up jailed for harassing someone.

Subsequently, Parra kept all their sponsors. They must condone that type of behaviour unless the Eels paid a bunch of people off and the matter disappeared magically...

We were up front and transparent and ended up getting burned deluxe.

All sponsors will be pulling out from the NRL anyway, if there not playing, there is no advertising...

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I dunno. There would be no point a sponsor leaving coz of cov situation. They are locked in for this year anyway and by next year it should be over. Not to mention they would look like bastards pulling out during cov unless they were going under