News Nrl players retirement fund

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nrl hasn’t been allocating funds into the retirement fund like they should of been
20mil in account should of been 30mil
Players absolutely furious
No one knows why money hasn’t been allocated

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
nrl cannot manage money, never have been able to, old gus for years use to go on about all the people at nrl hq employed in meaningless roles in high paying positions

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
They definitely need a complete restructure.

In the industry, we call it 'shake and spill'.
Some positions get made redundant. Others merge, some new ones are created that get a bit of this and a bit of that.
Affected people apply for what they think is best suited to them, then afterwards go to market to re hire where we are insufficient.

would you guys like to see Nasheed in a leadership position?

Last edited:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Has to be final nail in the coffin of Greenturd.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Has to be final nail in the coffin of Greenturd.
He will survive this.
There's a certain group in society that you can't criticise and Todd belongs to said tribe.
No coincidence he went from running the catering at stadium Australia to Bulldogs CEO, onto NRL CEO in 3 years.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
He will survive this.
There's a certain group in society that you can't criticise and Todd belongs to said tribe.
No coincidence he went from running the catering at stadium Australia to Bulldogs CEO, onto NRL CEO in 3 years.
I think that V'Landys see's straight through him though?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He will survive this.
Seems like his role as the talking head of league is being usurped by Vlandys. I think the financial troubles highlighted by the shutdown will be the nails in his coffin. Shit floats though, and he'll move on to another position of influence somewhere. There are always organisations looking for poor financial management and CEO's to do a poor job. I think that the increasing levels of criticism he cops will ensure that he's ousted when it's convenient. It may not be this year with the shutdown, but it will be soon in my opinion.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nrl hasn’t been allocating funds into the retirement fund like they should of been
20mil in account should of been 30mil
Players absolutely furious
No one knows why money hasn’t been allocated
I can't see why NRL level players need a retirement fund in all honesty. With a minimum wage of $100k for a top 30 member of any squad, they should have enough money to tread water until they move to other employment. I can get behind the idea of looking after guys like Alex McKinnon. But cases like his are thankfully pretty rare. The bulk of players seem to be treated like slabs of meat though. Once their playing days end, all but the highest profile players are cast aside pretty quickly and with little ceremony. I don't know who is actually a beneficiary of this retirement fund.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I think that V'Landys see's straight through him though?
V'landys probably does but V'Landys has been around long enough to know that if he wants his bread buttered in the corporate world with his future endeavours he will be tight lipped on criticising the ones that shall not be named.
lets call them the Illuminati to keep it PC.

Greenberg's not bulletproof though, v'Landys just has to either 1)get permission 2) wait until Greenberg is opened a new door elsewhere he wants, such as Finance, or 3) his brethren in his little club grow impatient with him and give the approval to remove or the order to promote another chosen one to his role.
They won't be wanting negative attention. They will hold the door open for their own, and tolerate a bit more than normal, but ultimately they won't be disgraced with incompetence for too long.

basically, just need to wait a year and a few more fuckups and you'll find a new appointment to the role and a golden handshake for Todd.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
NRL is a fucking joke that they somehow haven’t been paying the players retirement for 3 years and are spending somehow $500,000k per day in operating costs not including the clubs their players and staff. Just the NRL is spending $500k a day.

literally how in the fucking fuck.

Soon as players found out about retirement fund they should walk out the meeting today tell greenjew to fuck off. We would do the same if a boss hadn’t paid our super for 3 years. I did that very thing actually.

Calling greenturd a Jew is a compliment actually he’s undeserving of, a true Jew would have the NRL making bank with a slush fund. Somehow they’re in the red with staggering operating costs for absolute fuck all work force.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't see why NRL level players need a retirement fund in all honesty. With a minimum wage of $100k for a top 30 member of any squad, they should have enough money to tread water until they move to other employment. I can get behind the idea of looking after guys like Alex McKinnon. But cases like his are thankfully pretty rare. The bulk of players seem to be treated like slabs of meat though. Once their playing days end, all but the highest profile players are cast aside pretty quickly and with little ceremony. I don't know who is actually a beneficiary of this retirement fund.
Is there any where that they spell out the purpose of the fund? I can't seem to find anything apart from an open-ended idea that it can be used however they see fit providing everyone agrees on it. What does that mean? Is it for current players, retired players, injured players?

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is there any where that they spell out the purpose of the fund? I can't seem to find anything apart from an open-ended idea that it can be used however they see fit providing everyone agrees on it. What does that mean? Is it for current players, retired players, injured players?
From my understanding it was for those injured, not landing on their feet, need help etc later on in life.

You know the most fucked up thing? The top earners declined higher origin payments and rep payments so this trust could be set up with greater benefit for the players in around 2017-18.

So they didn’t get pay rises and the money didn’t go where promised. What about the interest on that investment also in the last 3 years? How was this allowed to not be paid.

Burn it all to the ground.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This can only mean NRL has major cash flow problems.

This shit could go south real fast.