News Bulldogs star Adam Elliott's incredible sacrifice for pregnant partner amid coronavirus chaos

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the NRL going into lockdown last Tuesday, Canterbury Bulldogs star Adam Elliott has made the extraordinary decision of heading to Darwin with his pregnant partner.
Elliott's partner Robyn is 33 weeks pregnant, and the pair packed up their entire lives in just a day to head up north to be with her family before the impending New South Wales travel restrictions.
According to Elliott, the move was purely about making sure his partner was comfortable when giving birth and the pair plans to stay put until their newborn baby arrives.

"Obviously there's a lot less cases up here in Darwin and for us to be around family was really important for when the baby comes and it was getting quite serious in New South Wales," he exclusively told Nine News.

Elliott and his partner Robyn made the instant decision to head up north to Darwin after the NRL lockdown (Instagram)
"For us it's just a no brainer to be up here and be around her family and have that support.
"I just want Robyn to be as comfortable as she can and I think that's around her mum and her dad. And when she goes into labour and when she comes out of labour."
The pair is now in isolation for 14 days to comply with Northern Territory laws, and Elliott revealed how their young nephews have made the transition easy.
"Yesterday it was home made muffins. I think they've called this morning and said it's going to be cookies so we're getting spoiled here, they leave it on the table outside for us" he said.

The big downside of the decision is that Elliot's own family will likely have to wait to meet baby, but he says it will all be worth it once the coronavirus chaos is over.
"It is a harsh reality that I'm going to have my first baby and my older brother James was so excited to be an uncle and it's going to be a matter of a month probably until they get to see the baby but I'm sure we'll make up for that," he said.

Elliott also touched on Bulldogs coach Dean Pay being stood down without pay this week, saying that the playing group had taken notice of the coach's sacrifice.
"It's a sacrifice for the club which is a selfless act in its own and I think for us it's something that we as a playing group need to be really grateful for," he said.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
He's taking a holiday to see family in his time off. How's this incredible ?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Making the best of a bad situation. Smart move, appeases his partner and her family during Robyn's pregnancy period, putting her more at ease while including her closest family members to be present for the birth of their child. While also having less chase of an corona virus infection up north compared to New South Wales.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
How is it incredible though?
Something that hits the headlines during a global crisis

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Smart move. Wish them all the best until they return.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bulldogs plus coronavirus equals more clicks. Desperate journalists.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good for him. Not sure of the headlines though as seems like just a normal decision to make. Good luck with the newbord Elliot! At least he'll be able to get a heap of time with him/her in those early days.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good for him I guess. Just hope he doesn’t have the virus an go spreading it to those he loves.!!!

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: shut the fuck nasheed! You clown sock

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I've spent a few hours thinking this over and not only is it not exactly 'incredible' taking a holiday to Darwin, it's actually RECKLESS!!

think about it,
Usually when it comes to kids and visiting family and shit people visit their PARENTS.
I don't know who Elliott is visiting but it's unlikely to be a brother or a niece. It'll be parents, aunts, grandparents etc

given Elliott is nearly 30, his parents you'd think would be in their 60s or 70s or late 50s at best. Unless they fucked super young.

now We know the Covid virus has a 14 day incubation period and contagious from about day 5,
The guy has been in contact with any number of people.
We saw him touch 17 men a week ago and another 17 before that.
Not including training, media types, all that.

I'm personally NOT visiting my parents because of this? Just in case I have it. I'm isolating, except when I go to the shops.

elliott, who has been exposing to a lot of men (that we know of) is visiting elderly in a part of Oz not yet touched and the media are calling him incredible!?

what's wrong with Australia.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: shut the fuck nasheed! You clown sock
why are you still here? You've said goodbye 6 times already. You call me 'clown sock' yet try to be me. Conflicted much?
Times must be slow

Last edited:

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
why are you still here? You've said goodbye 6 times already. You call me 'clown sock' yet try to be me. Conflicted much?
Times must be slow
Bulldogs fan here: we are you nasheed! Fight club me.......

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Adam's hands have never been the best. I think he can travel safely without catching anything.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unless we get back in a month the season will be over,fitness levels,teamwork will be left field,more injuries and a product not at it's best

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Unless we get back in a month the season will be over,fitness levels,teamwork will be left field,more injuries and a product not at it's best
the season was over the minute they made the call, dude.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next minute big cyclone cleans out the territory. Doooooh !

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've spent a few hours thinking this over and not only is it not exactly 'incredible' taking a holiday to Darwin, it's actually RECKLESS!!

think about it,
Usually when it comes to kids and visiting family and shit people visit their PARENTS.
I don't know who Elliott is visiting but it's unlikely to be a brother or a niece. It'll be parents, aunts, grandparents etc

given Elliott is nearly 30, his parents you'd think would be in their 60s or 70s or late 50s at best. Unless they fucked super young.

now We know the Covid virus has a 14 day incubation period and contagious from about day 5,
The guy has been in contact with any number of people.
We saw him touch 17 men a week ago and another 17 before that.
Not including training, media types, all that.

I'm personally NOT visiting my parents because of this? Just in case I have it. I'm isolating, except when I go to the shops.

elliott, who has been exposing to a lot of men (that we know of) is visiting elderly in a part of Oz not yet touched and the media are calling him incredible!?

what's wrong with Australia.
I read the article a few days ago so I may be wrong. But it was mentioned in the article that they've been in isolation if memory serves me correctly. They said that nephew's are leaving home cooked stuff outside for them to eat until the 14 days are up.