The NRL didn't have to shut down

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I hope so. I always see Chinese people defend their government to the wall. I I know there's a lot of bullying to Taiwanese in Sydney.But what do I know? I'm not Chinese and don't really have any Chinese friends so I'm out of touch.
A lot of Chinese have no choice. Its a communist government. You can get arrested in China for publicly saying anything bad about the government. Some still wont when they leave China out of habit or fear for loved ones still in China.

And my best mate is Taiwanese, they hate the Chinese government and also had nothing to do with cov 19 starting so its unfortunate people are giving them any shit about it at all. But even having a go at mainland chinese is unfortunate because they had no control over how the government over there handled it, and so few of them do stuff like eat wildlife or cats or dogs, like a lot of people think they all do (out of ignorance).

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Port could of been the base. We as a Club have a special relationship with some school fans up there too.

Statistics tell you playing in front of 2000 fans in a place like Port which currently has 0 cases of coved 19 is extremely low risk. The biosecurity expert is an unnecessary alarmist. Cant stop thinking the leaders of our game engaged a so called medical expert so that they could distance themselves from the ramifications of any decision be it to continue or shut down - due to expert advice.

Put 10 so called bio security experts in a room you'd get 10 different opinions. Just look at each countries differing actions and reactions to handling this pandemic. Guess what people's - nobody KNOWS the unequivocally right way to deal with this thing.
Lol. No.

God, where to start.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
It's funny, I was living in Hong Kong 2018 for a very short period and I was shocked at just how much the HK people hated them. They were so passionate about it. Weird seeing Hong king natives refer to Chinese as 'slanted eyed yellow this and that' for pretty obvious reasons, but after being there I really do agree With the stereotype Chinese say of them that Hong Kong people think they're British.

when all those riots popped up last year, it was no surprise to me at all. Boiling point was near.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
It's funny, I was living in Hong Kong 2018 for a very short period and I was shocked at just how much the HK people hated them. They were so passionate about it. Weird seeing Hong king natives refer to Chinese as 'slanted eyed yellow this and that' for pretty obvious reasons, but after being there I really do agree With the stereotype Chinese say of them that Hong Kong people think they're British.

when all those riots popped up last year, it was no surprise to me at all. Boiling point was near.
Their biggest fear is being ruled by the chinese or being forced to go to china to go to court which is what started the riots. People have a tendency to vanish in China if they show any public anti government views. When they said they might send people there from HK to go to court, scared the shit out of them. And yeh the people in HK are also used to british rule and the democratic way of doing things and will rise up at any sign of the communist government trying to control anything there.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Their biggest fear is being ruled by the chinese or being forced to go to china to go to court which is what started the riots. People have a tendency to vanish in China if they show any public anti government views. When they said they might send people there from HK to go to court, scared the shit out of them. And yeh the people in HK are also used to british rule and the democratic way of doing things and will rise up at any sign of the communist government trying to control anything there.
That's correct and it's valid, they are smart enough to understand the concept of 'this is how it starts' which naive people in Australia can't see with certain politics that I won't get into.

it is however, very much a straw breaking a Camels back thing, which is evidenced by how quickly HK mobilised to start firing up and rioting. Not a slow burn at all.
There was a lot of anger, and the court thing just served it on a perfect platter to explode.
It was a serious development on top of a lot of anger and BAM! Riots for months.

On that note, is it still going ?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hong Kong will become another Taiwan. Taiwan is also a territory China still calls part of China, but the locals hate the Chinese government and Taiwan has its own government, and calls itself independant of China. China could invade Taiwan to take it back, but havent. But at the same time its not impossible that it could happen one day.

One thing my Taiwanese mate tells me is Taiwan is very well defended and an easy territory to defend, being a not a large island. Every inch of its coast would be easily covered if they were called to war. Everyone does service there. So if China came, they would lose a lot of lives and armory taking it back. We couldnt do that with our fat island (Straya) coz we dont have enough people to defend our much larger coastline.

HK is close to exactly in the same situation as Taiwan. China wants to call both places its territory, but neither country recognises that or wants it. And China is hesitant to invade either place.

Just realised how off topic i helped this thread get lol. Ahh the NRL shutting down thats right......lol