Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sorry Dave, that's a no from me;

1) 24 years old, has only played 2 NRL games
2) Is named after a reindeer

A

Alexander the Great

Has mongrel in him. Good replacement for Tolman or James Graham

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
big toby a very skillful player, led the redcliffe pack to win qcup, glad the sharks picked him up, he was wasted just playing in in qcup very nice bloke to

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
What does everyone think about Anthony Milford. He has shown some promise this year and is a very experienced half and I believe he would fix our problems.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What does everyone think about Anthony Milford. He has shown some promise this year and is a very experienced half and I believe he would fix our problems.
I hope we're considering him. He's the only player we could sign to replace Foran imo. If we're unable to get Fifita he's the next best X-Factor we can buy.

Fifita, Cotric and Friend would be my targets. JAC is up there too just we need Cotric more.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't see him fixing many problems, well at least as a half.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The only way it's possible to fit him in our side is if Wakeham / Cogger are the controlling 7 and Averillo at centre or FB. We could save money on plenty of other young 6s in Luai, Burton, Tracey if we choose to play Averillo elsewhere.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I hope we're considering him. He's the only player we could sign to replace Foran imo. If we're unable to get Fifita he's the next best X-Factor we can buy.

Fifita, Cotric and Friend would be my targets. JAC is up there too just we need Cotric more.
Hooker is a hard one imo. Friend is good but he's old, would be a good 1 yr deal option and go hard for McInnes the following season. Mahoney would be great, but he's already spoke about wanting to stay at Parra.

As for Addo-Carr I love the guy but I'm torn... DWZ and Smith are wingers so we are overstocked imo.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mentioned in another thread that we should sign Albert and Jamil Hopoate on the cheap, handy players and would give us alot better depth even if we don't play them in firsts

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...Q8K3nfszsx62VHky5sUTQQ4MhYJnAydAWHEKjzZHcRh5g

quade cooper is looking for an nrl contract. to me he is one guy who could actually make the transfer easily. despite his age he has that elusiveness that none of our backs offer. quade to fullback and dwz to centre and our backline could work.
Cooper, with his passing game and elusiveness, is far more suited to 5/8 or centre. Plus, at 32, he no longer has the speed to play fullback.

Go Dogs

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
triple m saying bulldogs are looking at josh reynolds returning to the club and tigers looking at jordan ropana, sounds about right, we rebuild out of straw other clubs rebuild out of bricks, que the board sympathizers saying we got no money they doing their best bla bla bla, signing another injury prone player for any amount is not good business sense

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
triple m saying bulldogs are looking at josh reynolds returning to the club and tigers looking at jordan ropana, sounds about right, we rebuild out of straw other clubs rebuild out of bricks, que the board sympathizers saying we got no money they doing their best bla bla bla, signing another injury prone player for any amount is not good business sense
I'll legit neck myself, hope the club feels terrible about it.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
And since when has Triple M's mail been good?
Was it Brent Read? He's the only one who contributes to that show with a shred of cred. The rest I wouldn't feed.
I couldn't see a scenario where Reynolds comes back - and I'd certainly call it the wrong decision if it ever eventuated.
PS - we DO have money for 2021 - quite a bit of it...

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
A few hours later Rapana confirms he’s going back to Canberra (which everyone knew would happen) proving once again MMM has no farkin idea.

Go Dogs

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
A few hours later Rapana confirms he’s going back to Canberra (which everyone knew would happen) proving once again MMM has no farkin idea.

Go Dogs
Sign son of the great Sir Michael Jones
Legendary All Black..niko Jones..plays no 8 so play centre of lock

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Connor Watson has to be a target.We need some spark in attack.Great little player & a heap of speed 1 thing we have lacked in the spine for a long time.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Connor Watson has to be a target.We need some spark in attack.Great little player & a heap of speed 1 thing we have lacked in the spine for a long time.
I've said a few times he'll make a good 9.
Would be the right time to approach him after Knights signed McCullough

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Connor Watson is like the super upgraded version of Reynolds. Difference is I'd take Watson due to his age, athleticism and belief that I think he could grow into the hooking role and polish up his game over time.

Off contract for next season so now would be the time to make an offer if we have no other targets... potentially push to get him over this season though that's probably unlikely as the Knights seem to rate him in the lock/utility role off the bench.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Connor Watson is like the super upgraded version of Reynolds. Difference is I'd take Watson due to his age, athleticism and belief that I think he could grow into the hooking role and polish up his game over time.

Off contract for next season so now would be the time to make an offer if we have no other targets... potentially push to get him over this season though that's probably unlikely as the Knights seem to rate him in the lock/utility role off the bench.
He was born in Dubbo so you know Pay will be keen lol