El Masri voted greatest goal kicker of all time

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If HALLIGAN wasn't a great goal kicker he would never have seen first grade football.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh that's a great argument @Nasheed ...
My point is there was once a time that Halligan was magic on field.

The correct observation, would be that like El Masri, Halligan would have had a much shorter NRL career if not for the kicking abilities. This would be correct. Our memory of Halligan was the slow plod from 95 onward who was safe under the high ball and had a great leap. Halligan was 40 years old at 27 years of age. His kicking prolonged his career.
Maybe it was from injury, I don't know. But young Halligan was clearly a different player to the player we remember.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
ABU HASSAN :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

You reminded me of the old Popeye cartoon where he meets Ali Barbar (who refers to Abu Hassan in the song they're singing while riding the horses lol)...

I just showed my mate who is Abu Hassan. I loved Popeye and didn’t even know lol

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I just showed my mate who is Abu Hassan. I loved Popeye and didn’t even know lol
That's probably the best Popeye cartoon ever lol. I just don't know why he's referring to himself as Abu Hassan when he's Ali Baba lol.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

The correct observation, would be that like El Masri, Halligan would have had a much shorter NRL career if not for the kicking abilities. This would be correct. Our memory of Halligan was the slow plod from 95 onward who was safe under the high ball and had a great leap. Halligan was 40 years old at 27 years of age. His kicking prolonged his career.
Maybe it was from injury, I don't know. But young Halligan was clearly a different player to the player we remember.
Slow? I remember in the 1995 Semi against Brisbane, he ran-down Willie Carne who was one of the fastest players in the NRL. Also in the GF 2 weeks later he came from the other side of the field to help shutdown a potential try when Nik Kosef broke free and was almost certain to score.

As for Hazem, I don't think anyone will forget the try-saving tackles he put on Lote in 2002 and also against Steve Bell in 2003. Wingers are NOT meant to be the defenders though, they're meant to be point scorers.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Hazem was amazing but Halligan is the one that taught him and took goalkicking from an art of 60% accuracy to nearly 90 as per today.

And further to that, how can you put Hazem over James Maloney? Who kicked them at 92% whereas El Magic only kicked ten at 81%
Strange how people define history.

Hazem is more in par with Adam Reynolds.
Better than Holland in every aspect. Just saying lol

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He played for Australia in Union
No he didn't. Do you just make up shit out of your ass? Have you legit got dimentia?

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: I’m sure scott Wilson has a few shots at goal. David furner like .....

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Bulldogs fan here: hi nasheed

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
El Magic daylight and then Halligan. Had El Magic kicked while Halligan was still going then the record would never have been beaten. Anyone who witnessed El Magics kicking during that finals where we played like 3 x 100 minute games in a row would know. That particular kick and I think it was against Parra in gail force wind from the sideline was something special. Think it was to draw the game? Was one of the best kicks in RL history.