Merging

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A merge presents the opportunity for a rebrand. I mean let’s face it our reputation is trashed. “Dirty dogs” ‘dog’ dog act, rapists, etc all this garbage sticks. Perhaps a merger or rebrand is just what the club needs. The Canterbury Bulls anyone ?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck that. We merge and I'm gone.

Understand things will need to change but I personally think we're in a much stronger position than many of the Sydney clubs e.g. Tigers, Saints, Cronulla, Manly. Not merging with anyone.

Fuck that off.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
The money has only dried up because of this flu thing. The underlying economics are there to support 16 teams. Broadcasters still forking out big money for the greatest game of all.
The stadiums need to still be fixed. Once they are crowds will increase and more revenue for clubs.
Fmd people are short sighted. This flu thing is a speedhump in the scheme of things.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck that. We merge and I'm gone.

Understand things will need to change but I personally think we're in a much stronger position than many of the Sydney clubs e.g. Tigers, Saints, Cronulla, Manly. Not merging with anyone.

Fuck that off.
you'd know how mergers are bad after Czechoslovenia disbanded.

hypothetically, would you hang around if we were the Canterbury Sutherland Bulldogs with usual blue black and white branding?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

hypothetically, would you hang around if we were the Canterbury Sutherland Bulldogs with usual blue black and white branding?
Haha I love you Nasheed. I really do. Crack me up you crackhead ;)

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The money has only dried up because of this flu thing. The underlying economics are there to support 16 teams. Broadcasters still forking out big money for the greatest game of all.
The stadiums need to still be fixed. Once they are crowds will increase and more revenue for clubs.
Fmd people are short sighted. This flu thing is a speedhump in the scheme of things.
Let’s hope so, a few days ago I thought that’s all it was too. But this is going to change the world forever and the recovery may not be so easy. Especially for Aussie.!! We are safe in NZ now and we are all locked down. Without Australia there is no nrl.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Oh, I didn't answer your question. No.

Wwe merge with any team and I won't be supporting. Happy to step into the Cronulla area under the Bulldog name and pillage everything. Would prefer we do that with Manly. Pillage. But not merge. Pillage but not merge.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Let’s hope so, a few days ago I thought that’s all it was too. But this is going to change the world forever and the recovery may not be so easy. Especially for Aussie.!! We are safe in NZ now and we are all locked down. Without Australia there is no nrl.
People won't be going to the Leagues Club as much as they won't have the money to spend. So the Leagues Club will take a massive hit. However, expect others to be worse off and maybe we can take loans & buy them out? Who knows. Opportunities everywhere

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh, I didn't answer your question. No.

Wwe merge with any team and I won't be supporting. Happy to step into the Cronulla area under the Bulldog name and pillage everything. Would prefer we do that with Manly. Pillage. But not merge. Pillage but not merge.
Lucky for us an area takeover is what's being discussed. Haven't heard anything about merges or what not.

I think I could handle Canterbury Sutherland Bulldogs. We retain logo, slight word change, and our kit resembles the fan favourite blue black and white design from 2014. Essentially our jersey with a bit of black.

And we get the juniors and a couple of games by the sea.
This, and only this I can handle. It also makes sense because Sutherland and Bankstown have always had a close bond.

basically our version of st George Illawarra dragons.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lucky for us an area takeover is what's being discussed. Haven't heard anything about merges or what not.

I think I could handle Canterbury Sutherland Bulldogs. We retain logo, slight word change, and our kit resembles the fan favourite blue black and white design from 2014. Essentially our jersey with a bit of black.

And we get the juniors and a couple of games by the sea.
This, and only this I can handle. It also makes sense because Sutherland and Bankstown have always had a close bond.

basically our version of st George Illawarra dragons.
Each to their own. No matter what the circumstances I wouldn't take a merge. If we were struggling financially more than other clubs, I'd accept there's not other option but we're not. Get rid of the weak not the strong.

Bury Manly. Get their Leagues Club (do they have one?), rake in their juniors, play a few games out of North Sydney every year just for the pub crawl before and after the game. We retain everything.

I'll give Greenburg a call now or is it best you use your connections?

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Leave Dave alone , He's an ideas man .

Fucked ideas but hey there ideas.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Shut your mouth or I’ll fuck it!
Funny you say that with your avatar being Negan as it reminded me of the bit when Negan told Rick "incase you haven't caught on, I just slid my dick down your throat and you thanked me for it"

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Merger will never happen we're too rich! But hypothetically if it does, I'd go with the Canterbury Roosters because that's the only team that's guaranteed to win premierships! They do need help with membership even after winning back to back!