Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Indiandog has some very interesting and strong options on the origins and purpose of this virus
I was only thinking yesterday what indiaman would have to say about all of this

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What’s everyone’s opinion on complete lockdown
I know it would be incredibly hard for people, family’s etc
But shit just bite on in the bum now, social distance later
Lock it for 3 weeks
Just bite the bullet and save lives
It will be really tough in more ways than one and I fear that some people will not be able to cope mentally. It needs to be done to bottom out the infection rates and new cases but a question I have is if this is done will it flare up again after confinement? The jury is out as to whether or not 14 days is sufficient and the true length of incubation which is considered to be 14 days but can be anywhere from 2-24..

I will do anything to keep my family safe and lessen the chance of us being infected or infecting anyone else so even though it will come at a personal and financial strain we do what we have to. It will virtually kill the economy and send businesses to the wall but what else can you do?

Does it seem strange to you that you people don't even have a second look if someone is out and about wearing gloves and masks? It is now the new normal....

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just watching Ch 7 reports and see a couple of Aussie women ( sisters) looking like they are reading from a script no less; currently on a cruise ship, I think off Argentina, whinging that the Australian government won't get them home. They said that people from other countries have been taken off the ship but they have been left behind along with about another hundred countrymen/woman. There have been positive cases on board. About 30 cruise ships worldwide are in limbo with countries not willing to allow them to dock, Australia being one of them with one the Artania, anchored off shore Western Australia.

Now, I am all for getting people out and home , when it is safe to do so, but correct me if i am wrong ....were not these people told over and over again that travel over the last few months might have been better being put on hold due to Covid-19. No, we want our holidays, don't care about Covid 19 because we won't get it etc, etc.

Yeah, I get it that they pay in advance for these things and should they cancel they don't get much of a refund, but now they have the hide to complain that they won't be allowed to get off the boat and come home. We have seen over the last few days what exactly that has bought to Australia with the Ruby Princess and the one, Norwegian Jewel where the Aussie passengers were taken off today and whisked to isolation in a five star hotel with several positive cases, where there are people actually living in upper level units, one of whom has an immune issue due to having had a kidney transplant.

Much to the dismay of the medical profession and just about everyone else, except those who still wanted to travel on them, it is now really evident that cruise ships with their close quarters and re circulated air are a massive problem and the perfect breeding ground for the disease. With a couple of deaths now from the Ruby Princess in the last few days surely they are doing the right thing in leaving those people there rather than returning them to mainland Australia? They have not been abandoned by Australia as they believe but are a casualty of circumstances.
I wouldn't say for a few months. I came back from overseas 2 months ago, and whilst it was slowly starting to spread out from China, and some were becoming cautious, there was no hint of any travel warnings etc.

I think even if someone has been a bit negligent etc, as an Australian citizen, are are required at least to some assistance (probably an unpopular opinion). Same if you have been charged with a crime overseas - you won't get bailed out, but you have a right to consular assistance to at least make sure you are being looked after health-wise, get a fair trial etc. Having said that, once the drawbridges are up and we are in full lockdown, nobody should be allowed back into Australia regardless of circumstances (unfortunate for them)- that's if you can even find a plane coming in (there won;t be many more of those either).

Cruise ships are cesspools at the best of times though - no idea what attracts people to them, as per this Betoota Advocate article today:

Cruise Enthusiasts Look Back On The Good Old Days When They Only Caught Gastro

ERROL PARKER | Editor-at-large | Contact

Once upon a time, a breeding pair of ageing Queenslanders could book a spot on a cruise ship and only expect to end up shitting their brains out in the comfort of their room.

Barry and Joan Taylor of Betoota Heights look back on days like that with fond memories and feel sad knowing that those days are probably gone forever.

The 68-year-old Capricorns shared photos of their last cruise with The Advocate. Aside from the picture of them engaging in a bit of easy-does-it-side-doggy that shook our reporter to his very core, the holiday seemed quite relaxing.

“Here’s a picture of Barry enjoying his first day of gastro,” said Joan.

The glossy print showed a naked man in the fetal position in their room’s ensuite. He’d given up defecating in the toilet and had moved into the shower.

“Just a pro-tip,” said Barry.

“When the gastro strikes, it’s better to just get in the shower and wash yourself off after each wave. You can also drink the shower water between moans.”

Joan laughed.

“Oh, you loved drinking the shower water! Errol, when we were at the Isle of Pines on our last cruise, Barry didn’t even leave the bathroom! He lost 6 kilos in that room somewhere!” she said.

Shaking his head and smiling, Barry buried his face in his hands.

“The six kilos went down the drain!”

They both paused and stopped laughing.

“Those were the days,” they said.

“Now, instead of catching gastro while you’re out at sea, you catch this dreaded pangolin’s wrath! Ghastly, it is.”

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lock it for 3 weeks
It's time. And it going to suck. But it is what it is.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wouldn't say for a few months. I came back from overseas 2 months ago, and whilst it was slowly starting to spread out from China, and some were becoming cautious, there was no hint of any travel warnings etc.

I think even if someone has been a bit negligent etc, as an Australian citizen, are are required at least to some assistance (probably an unpopular opinion). Same if you have been charged with a crime overseas - you won't get bailed out, but you have a right to consular assistance to at least make sure you are being looked after health-wise, get a fair trial etc. Having said that, once the drawbridges are up and we are in full lockdown, nobody should be allowed back into Australia regardless of circumstances (unfortunate for them)- that's if you can even find a plane coming in (there won;t be many more of those either).

Cruise ships are cesspools at the best of times though - no idea what attracts people to them, as per this Betoota Advocate article today:

Cruise Enthusiasts Look Back On The Good Old Days When They Only Caught Gastro

ERROL PARKER | Editor-at-large | Contact

Once upon a time, a breeding pair of ageing Queenslanders could book a spot on a cruise ship and only expect to end up shitting their brains out in the comfort of their room.

Barry and Joan Taylor of Betoota Heights look back on days like that with fond memories and feel sad knowing that those days are probably gone forever.

The 68-year-old Capricorns shared photos of their last cruise with The Advocate. Aside from the picture of them engaging in a bit of easy-does-it-side-doggy that shook our reporter to his very core, the holiday seemed quite relaxing.

“Here’s a picture of Barry enjoying his first day of gastro,” said Joan.

The glossy print showed a naked man in the fetal position in their room’s ensuite. He’d given up defecating in the toilet and had moved into the shower.

“Just a pro-tip,” said Barry.

“When the gastro strikes, it’s better to just get in the shower and wash yourself off after each wave. You can also drink the shower water between moans.”

Joan laughed.

“Oh, you loved drinking the shower water! Errol, when we were at the Isle of Pines on our last cruise, Barry didn’t even leave the bathroom! He lost 6 kilos in that room somewhere!” she said.

Shaking his head and smiling, Barry buried his face in his hands.

“The six kilos went down the drain!”

They both paused and stopped laughing.

“Those were the days,” they said.

“Now, instead of catching gastro while you’re out at sea, you catch this dreaded pangolin’s wrath! Ghastly, it is.”
You and the Beetoota Advocate, lol.

I hope I did not come across as heartless and your comments are probably what I was really trying to say. The news report did not state what sort of assistance other than getting them off the boat was sought but i would find it surprising if they did not have dialogue with a representative from Australia.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's time. And it going to suck. But it is what it is.
Just lock it down for fuck sake, if you don’t a year from now Australia will still be trying to contain this covid-19 shit !!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
When was the corona virus founded or created?
Founded? Do you mean, when did America plant their flag in it?

JK

Was first discovered in November technically. That's when China started having a problem with it. 30th December is the technical discovery date as that's the date that China stopped trying to cover it up and flagged it as a new discovery.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lock it for 3 weeks
Agreed. It's a hard thing as many will lose their jobs. We'll definitely have a recession. The economy will be on the verge of collapse. But if we don't do it then we'll still have that but it'll be worse and it'll go for the next 2 years.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
NZ has the best government, we have done the best job when it comes to covid-19 the roads are dead, it’s a ghost town and police are out enforcing the rules, people who ignore the rules will be prosecuted, most are all doing their part. Great to see everyone listening.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was only thinking yesterday what indiaman would have to say about all of this
I have had discussions with ID last week
He thinks it was released by the Chinese Gov to trigger world wide collapse
They have a cure and once they buy up every share every failing business everything that’s for sale they will make the cure available and own the world in the process
BTW the ***** own most of it already

Status
Not open for further replies.