Not open for further replies.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
QLD government encouraging parents to pull their kids from child care if they can.

We have done that, but there is a problem: kids only get 42 "unexplained absenses" per financial year before no more government subsidies. We are currently at 28, so in 14 more days of his scheculed childcare, we would potentially be up for more than $400 Per week for the privilege of holding a spot.

First world problems...
My missus just told me that because of this pandemic, any absence will not attribute to the 42. So we good!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My missus just told me that because of this pandemic, any absence will not attribute to the 42. So we good!
Does she have a source for that (would be reassuring to know)?

But still means we have to pay $50 a day for him not being there! But we still have put jobs for now and I know we're in a better position that a lot of others.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

But still means we have to pay $50 a day for him not being there! But we still have put jobs for now and I know we're in a better position that a lot of others.
They’ve also increased the number of days allowed to 62. And if the government forces them to close, no fees will need to be paid while they are closed

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

this is a announcement from our CC

Advice for Families
Changes to Child Care Subsidy (CCS)
CCS current law
• Families are paid CCS for up to 42 ‘allowable absence’ days each financial year even where their child is enrolled but absent from care. A reason for the absence is not required.
• If a child is absent for more than 42 days in a financial year CCS can be paid for certain reasons which include “the child, the individual who cares for the child, the individual’s partner or another person with whom the child lives is ill and the service has been given a medical certificate by a medical practitioner.”
• CCS will only be paid if families pay the difference between the CCS and the fee charged ie the gap amount.

CCS new law (scheduled for urgent approval by Parliament)

• increases the number of days that a family can continue to claim the Child Care Subsidy in cases where a child is absent from child care due to coronavirus for more than the currently allowable 42 days
• gives a family access to additional absences, without the need for evidence, in relation to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
• waives the requirement for a family to pay gap fees if the service is forced to close.

Additional Child Care Subsidy (ACCS)
ACCS (temporary financial hardship) is available now for families experiencing financial hardship. It can provide short-term support to families experiencing a significantly reduced ability to pay child care fees, including for example where a parent loses income because they can’t attend work. In most cases, the full cost of child care will be covered. It can be accessed for up to 13 weeks and for up to 100 hours of care per fortnight. Families need to provide evidence of a substantial reduction in their income, such as an email from their employer. See Applying during temporary financial hardship
Income support
The Government has expanded eligibility for income support payments. Eligibility now includes, for example, casuals, self-employed and sole traders). There’s also an extra coronavirus supplement of $550 per fortnight to new and existing income support recipients. These measures apply for the next 6 months. Asset testing for some support payments, including JobSeeker Payment, will be waived while the Coronavirus supplement is paid. See Increased and accelerated income support

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
In the last 25 years I've worked in explored in every state cept Tassie,been to w.a. to the top way and bottom way by road. Probably seen more of the country than 80% of Australians yet by no means seen all of a Australia just a lot.starting late last year was starting to see other parts of the world and start taking the kids over was meant to do Korea and Japan in April with the oldest boy ,and squeezed in nz 2 weeks ago lol so the coronavirus fucked me over the c*** of a thing this time next year was meant to be Russia, Ukraine, Belarus but honestly can't see it happening
I'm hoping it'll be over this time next year and that the market will be recovering. I was actually planning on going to the USA in a few months... well that's gone down the wazoo.

You were planning on visiting Russia... that's a good way to meet @ASSASSIN's extended family :D

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
QLD government encouraging parents to pull their kids from child care if they can.

We have done that, but there is a problem: kids only get 42 "unexplained absenses" per financial year before no more government subsidies. We are currently at 28, so in 14 more days of his scheculed childcare, we would potentially be up for more than $400 Per week for the privilege of holding a spot.

First world problems...
With school absences it is not the same. You will not have an absence declared on your record during this crisis. Means that if child does not go to school for 40 school days that is not an explained or unexplained absence just school business.

That is so unfair. Maybe they will address the situation, it is not your fault it is a direction from government. Lots of people would be in the same situation. Do you know someone who is in the know with laws..maybe a kenneller can help???

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping it'll be over this time next year and that the market will be recovering. I was actually planning on going to the USA in a few months... well that's gone down the wazoo.

You were planning on visiting Russia... that's a good way to meet @ASSASSIN's extended family :D
Had a tank drivin, bazooka firing tour lined up and vodka was included that's what sold me lol

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And I just found this article.
https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/heal...ed-to-prepare-for-coronavirus-battle-c-762398

A message was sent to Army Reservists nationwide, even battalions that were not called up during the bushfires.

Members are being asked to indicate their availability now, but emergency services and health workers are excluded from this call-out.

Strengthen numbers
It is understood the Australian Army is keen to bolster their numbers with those who may now be unemployed.

Our military force is 30,000 strong with another 13,000 Reserves.

Armed forces are being used around the world to help health officials with lockdowns and public order including in the UK, US and Italy.
thank you. That would be a radical thing to do but logical. Even now as things are in the early days relating to going into full lock down there are people causing trouble and being arseholes to the police etc. Spitting in their faces and trying to ignore the directives. Bring in Arnie and Rambo....

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Da, they would of looked after him. Plus he could of brought back some vodka and AK's, we will need them both when the SHTF very soon.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
thank you. That would be a radical thing to do but logical. Even now as things are in the early days relating to going into full lock down there are people causing trouble and being arseholes to the police etc. Spitting in their faces and trying to ignore the directives. Bring in Arnie and Rambo....
That guy in Coffs, being a dipshit. Hope he gets Corona for taking the piss.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well this is going to be harder than anticipated :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: to think another 4 weeks or more...

At the end of it we all going to be fat fucks.. I mean, I’m certainly eating a lot more out of boredom :weary::weary:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That guy in Coffs, being a dipshit. Hope he gets Corona for taking the piss.
There was a fuckwit YouTuber doing the cornavirus toilet seat licking challenge he is now in hospital with the virus, why waste recources on this sack of shit when his bed could be used for someone trying to do what's right

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well this is going to be harder than anticipated :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: to think another 4 weeks or more...

At the end of it we all going to be fat fucks.. I mean, I’m certainly eating a lot more out of boredom :weary::weary:
Pistachios, cashews they help a bit but yeah I just want to eat all day lol think I'll make a batch of beef jerky

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since my lock down I've already put 70hrs on warthunder on pc lol ,never thought I'd say this but I'm sick of jerking off might have to cut down to 3 a day

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pistachios, cashews they help a bit but yeah I just want to eat all day lol think I'll make a batch of beef jerky
Yup, I just keep reaching.. may have to download a few more ps4 games, although when I play I like to eat also lol, it is what It is.!!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There is no doubt that there are plenty of people who have this virus who aren't getting tested. The other thing about that story is the timeline, the lady may have been infected as far back as late February, but has unwitting been in contact with who knows how many people? This is the issue, how many ticking time bombs are out there? It helps explain why we are seeing sharp increases around the world, first and foremost the places that have high levels of international travelers. Even IF they can achieve proper lock downs, it will take as long as a month for the curve to flatten and start receding.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There was a fuckwit YouTuber doing the cornavirus toilet seat licking challenge he is now in hospital with the virus, why waste recources on this sack of shit when his bed could be used for someone trying to do what's right
Yes. So any innocent victim of all of this who has tried to do the right thing and been infected will suffer. Not even the do gooders would have a leg to stand on if he was told to fend for himself. Probably need to keep the dick head confined because he can't do the right thing...but should be in a prison cell not a hospital room....

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When this is all done and we have won the fight against this virus.

I encourage all fellow Aussies to support our country and community. Instead of going overseas, go inner state, support our local businesses and buy our Australian made products.

We need that injection of cash back into our economy
You watch all the you beaut discounts for overseas travel. Yep, see your own country first, just like countries overseas should be doing....

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They’ve also increased the number of days allowed to 62. And if the government forces them to close, no fees will need to be paid while they are closed
this is a announcement from our CC

Advice for Families
Changes to Child Care Subsidy (CCS)
CCS current law
• Families are paid CCS for up to 42 ‘allowable absence’ days each financial year even where their child is enrolled but absent from care. A reason for the absence is not required.
• If a child is absent for more than 42 days in a financial year CCS can be paid for certain reasons which include “the child, the individual who cares for the child, the individual’s partner or another person with whom the child lives is ill and the service has been given a medical certificate by a medical practitioner.”
• CCS will only be paid if families pay the difference between the CCS and the fee charged ie the gap amount.

CCS new law (scheduled for urgent approval by Parliament)

• increases the number of days that a family can continue to claim the Child Care Subsidy in cases where a child is absent from child care due to coronavirus for more than the currently allowable 42 days
• gives a family access to additional absences, without the need for evidence, in relation to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
• waives the requirement for a family to pay gap fees if the service is forced to close.

Additional Child Care Subsidy (ACCS)
ACCS (temporary financial hardship) is available now for families experiencing financial hardship. It can provide short-term support to families experiencing a significantly reduced ability to pay child care fees, including for example where a parent loses income because they can’t attend work. In most cases, the full cost of child care will be covered. It can be accessed for up to 13 weeks and for up to 100 hours of care per fortnight. Families need to provide evidence of a substantial reduction in their income, such as an email from their employer. See Applying during temporary financial hardship
Income support
The Government has expanded eligibility for income support payments. Eligibility now includes, for example, casuals, self-employed and sole traders). There’s also an extra coronavirus supplement of $550 per fortnight to new and existing income support recipients. These measures apply for the next 6 months. Asset testing for some support payments, including JobSeeker Payment, will be waived while the Coronavirus supplement is paid. See Increased and accelerated income support
Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.