Official Message From Andrew Hill

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Dear Member

In what is a difficult and ever-changing landscape I just wanted to update you on the current situation at the Bulldogs.

It is fair to say that the game has never faced a bigger challenge than what is ahead of us right now.

It runs far deeper than rugby league and is something that the whole community will have to deal with and work together to come through.

Our thoughts and prayers are with those already affected through illness or the loss of loved ones and we send our greatest sympathies on behalf of the Bulldogs.

As many of you would have seen, the NRL season has now been suspended indefinitely. Despite the efforts to continue the competition, the advice from pandemic experts was that the risk of playing on was too great and created a potential threat to player safety.

The NRL, like all the clubs, has always made player safety the defining factor around this issue.

At this stage the future of this year’s competition is unknown. The NRL has expressed a desire to complete the full draw, which would mean an extension far beyond the current provisional finishing date, but at this stage nothing can be determined until there is further information from the experts on when this might happen.

All rugby league that comes under the banner of the NSWRL has also been suspended until at least 31 May 2020.

The Club will be operating with minimal staffing levels for the immediate future until further notice is provided regarding the resumption of the competition. I ask that you are patient if you require contact with the Club in the coming weeks.

To help us get through these difficult times we need our members, fans, corporate partners and sponsors to stick together and show the resilience that the club has been renowned for over the years. We are being impacted by something that is affecting the whole community and everyone will need to stay strong together.

As we get more information we will continue to update you and make sure that you stay well informed.

We appreciate that everyone is suffering right now and we understand the uncertainty that exists for the whole country.

On behalf of the Board, the Executive team, Coaching staff and all of our playing group, we extend our gratitude and appreciation for your support during these difficult times.

Kind regards
Andrew Hill

Last edited:

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In the context of everything that is going on around the world, deaths, people losing their health, familys, livelihood and income etc etc.. the state of the NRL competition is quite low on the importance list..

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that. Would love a greater understanding of what's going on, but imagine that they don't even know. The more I think about this, the more I'm worried about the Bulldogs short and long-term futures. The Leagues Club was supposed to be our saving grace. Is it now?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that. Would love a greater understanding of what's going on, but imagine that they don't even know. The more I think about this, the more I'm worried about the Bulldogs short and long-term futures. The Leagues Club was supposed to be our saving grace. Is it now?
We’re in unchartered waters mate.
No-one knows.
The longer the shutdown goes on obviously the more damage it does without the leagues club earning money.
No choice but to wait and see...

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We’re in unchartered waters mate.
No-one knows.
The longer the shutdown goes on obviously the more damage it does without the leagues club earning money.
No choice but to wait and see...
I mean, the Leagues Club should always be OK I imagine but ...

Blah. Must be so hard on the playing / coaching / admin at the Dogs having so much uncertainty. But, everyone's in the same boat so we're all just going to have to cope.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In the context of everything that is going on around the world, deaths, people losing their health, familys, livelihood and income etc etc.. the state of the NRL competition is quite low on the importance list..
I still had a massive profitable night in Hong Kong racing . The world is still going on some places

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We’re actually in better shape than most.
The leagues club is a large piece of infrastructure. Something that can be opened and closed relatively easily and inexpensively. As soon as the lockdown is lifted the club will be back to normal.
Other clubs have backers that may well go under in this crisis or take such a large hit that they are forced to scale back operations and reduce costs.

A

Alexander the Great

And the gamblers won't be going on anywhere else but the leagues when it opens.

That first week of business is going to be huge on the pokies
We’re actually in better shape than most.
The leagues club is a large piece of infrastructure. Something that can be opened and closed relatively easily and inexpensively. As soon as the lockdown is lifted the club will be back to normal.
Other clubs have backers that may well go under in this crisis or take such a large hit that they are forced to scale back operations and reduce costs.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
At least he addressed us, something said Is better than absolute silence. Good to see..!!

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh well... what can we do... just watch the 2004 grand final on repeat... ;) genuinely hope for everyone’s livelihood that the club opens as soon as able so people can work and make a living.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh well... what can we do... just watch the 2004 grand final on repeat... ;) genuinely hope for everyone’s livelihood that the club opens as soon as able so people can work and make a living.
Already have lol, I’m watching lots of doggies games on repeat !!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I prefer the 95 GF its extra satisfying seeing a shattered Hasler at the end pf the game.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I prefer the 95 GF its extra satisfying seeing a shattered Hasler at the end pf the game.
Nice one ... I remember being a kid watching it and the year before too dogs were awesome just ran into a red hot Canberra that would have been miles over today’s salary cap :tearsofjoy: