News Dean Pay chats to Fox about the situation at CBB

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Because coaching is his job???
Mate. I can't explain it anymore. I've said again and again why I feel that way. I've answered the same question at least 5 times. If you guys can't read those points and get why I feel a certain way then so be it.

Don't deny coaching is his job but they weren't asking about coaching. They were talking about him losing his job. His staff losing their job. The way the club is handling things. Can't for the life of me see how this is connected to his coaching ability but ....

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Id probably fall off the horse just trying to balance:tearsofjoy:
Hahah Can't say I wouldn't be any different. Then wearing the gear, plus carrying the fucking jousting stick. Fuck that. Let's just throw shit at each other. That's easier. Stand 2 metres away with a bucket of apples each. Whoever knocks over the other one wins.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Hahah Can't say I wouldn't be any different. Then wearing the gear, plus carrying the fucking jousting stick. Fuck that. Let's just throw shit at each other. That's easier. Stand 2 metres away with a bucket of apples each. Whoever knocks over the other one wins.
Could always keep with the medieval theme and simplify it:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Could always keep with the medieval theme and simplify it:

Men in tights. Great movie. I'm happy to bring my bright orange tights out of retirement, tho im not sure many on here would wear tight?

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fair go...
It's the least anyone could ask for in a new job !!!
Personally when the search was on to replace Hitler I believed that if we sign one of the two Pay or Dymock they would definitely need a mentor, being rookie coaches.
Right after the current board was elected, one prominent board member ( previous ) expressed concerns for Pay saying...
Pity things will not be as planned for him, I should have asked what he meant, who knows what their plan was or whether it would have worked !
Interestingly enough, approximately five weeks into the comp, there were suggestions that Ben Anderson will replaces Pay,
Let's just say the situation didn't go well with him.
Surprisingly a week later Pay's contract was extended...
Did you ever ask what the reason was for the extension ?
Did the idea encounter rejections ?
Did the new board (then) fear the same consequences, by repeating the way the previous board handled Hitler's contract ?
Was Pay rewarded for agreeing on the players clear out ?
Most importantly...How do we recover in these catastrophic times ???
BE SAFE !!!

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Mate. It gets cold over here plus go skiing every winter so yes ... I own tights. Lots of them actually ;)
Cold in Revesby? ;-)

You got out of jail, passed GO and now collect your $200.
Kudos Steve :-).

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fair go...
It's the least anyone could ask for in a new job !!!
Personally when the search was on to replace Hitler I believed that if we sign one of the two Pay or Dymock they would definitely need a mentor, being rookie coaches.
Right after the current board was elected, one prominent board member ( previous ) expressed concerns for Pay saying...
Pity things will not be as planned for him, I should have asked what he meant, who knows what their plan was or whether it would have worked !
Interestingly enough, approximately five weeks into the comp, there were suggestions that Ben Anderson will replaces Pay,
Let's just say the situation didn't go well with him.
Surprisingly a week later Pay's contract was extended...
Did you ever ask what the reason was for the extension ?
Did the idea encounter rejections ?
Did the new board (then) fear the same consequences, by repeating the way the previous board handled Hitler's contract ?
Was Pay rewarded for agreeing on the players clear out ?
Most importantly...How do we recover in these catastrophic times ???
BE SAFE !!!
Yes. Agree that the most important thing out of all of this is how we're going to recover from all of this. Was hoping the League's Club backing was going to be our saving grace but now ...

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I've already told you elsewhere. We are off to the northern beaches most likely.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've already told you elsewhere. We are off to the northern beaches most likely.
And I will say what I have been saying for many years...
As a punishment for refusing to sign off Souths and suing News Ltd,
The National Rorts League (Packer & Murdoch) were hellbent on destroying us, or at minimum relocate us !!!
Have you ever wondered why we are always attacked and heavily scrutinised ?
The only two reason we survived, Our strong leagues club and fan base !!!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
And I will say what I have been saying for many years...
As a punishment for refusing to sign off Souths and suing News Ltd,
The National Rorts League (Packer & Murdoch) were hellbent on destroying us, or at minimum relocate us !!!
Have you ever wondered why we are always attacked and heavily scrutinised ?
The only two reason we survived, Our strong leagues club and fan base !!!
But are we?
I know on the Souths forum we feel like everyone's against us at times as well. Aj my friend reckons the media are out to obstruct the tigers as well.
Even heard Brisbane feel they are disrespected in the tall poppy style because of their status. If you can believe that.

It may have been the case at one point, but I often hear media personalities from nine talk us up.
A few days ago there was a thread where Phil Gould went on a rant about how good a club we are.
And our lack of success hasn't been death rided in the media.

You have to also face some hard truths,
Bankstown is a poor area. By today's and yesterday's standards.
60-70 percent of our supporters are Arabian wartime refugees (or their kids) from the roughest part of North Lebanon. When they came on the boat, rattled with PTSD, they were joined by members who are essentially ISIS today!
For every 3 good people on the boat fleeing the villages, there was also ISIS doing the same. They all fled together. They now live together in our territory.
Have you ever heard our guys speak Arabic? Does it sound like upper class Arabic to you?
My point is, after Coffs Harbour and the eyes were on us, our supporters did not help. It was very easy to give the media negative stories of violence and aggression, but we fixed it eventually, and they backed off.
It's been smooth sailing the last few years. For the most part.
The real question is why do our media reporters constantly death ride the sport? Not our club specifically, but our sport. They have rationalised it by saying 'Rugby League thrives on controversy' but this is a cop out so they can keep bashing the sport. Nasheed.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This is why clubs wanted to put players on media bans lol

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s really sad that in times like this were a lot of people in our community including family & friends are under enormous duress due to losing employment that some bring up Deans interview skills and presentation in general
Can’t we just back off for once and think of the bigger picture at hand.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That family club moniker not sounding genuine now

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
That family club moniker not sounding genuine now
Why? Because they have to make tough financial choices in the face of reality? Look around you mate, lay-off after lay-off is being announced. How are the Bulldogs any different? Or do you just enjoy sinking the boot in regardless?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s really sad that in times like this were a lot of people in our community including family & friends are under enormous duress due to losing employment that some bring up Deans interview skills and presentation in general
Can’t we just back off for once and think of the bigger picture at hand.

I agree, the guy may have lost his job for good. His future is uncertain and he's in the public eye and getting mocked.
I don't know how to start a gofundme page to help but I'm hoping others may.