Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Has corona actually killed anyone without a compromised immune system or who was otherwise healthy before contracting it?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So, has everyone cancelled their Foxtel subscription yet?

As my basic foxtel is packaged with my NBN, i'm actually only paying $29 a month extra to have sports and a few other things. Not using it, but its also not huge bikkies. I'd send double that a week on alcohol.
I canceled foxtel as soon as I got the NBN.
their “package” model is farcical and outdated. Why should I pay for 20 channels if I only want 1?
For the cost of the basic subscription you can have Netflix, amazon prime and Kayo.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who are these retarded, sub-humans who are actually “confused” by the governments lockdown rules??

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Trump’s a fucking idiot. Anyone who still continues to deny it is deluded. From day one his handling of this crisis has been pathetic. Hopefully it costs him the presidency.
Annoying Orange just wants war with chi-naah

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I canceled foxtel as soon as I got the NBN.
their “package” model is farcical and outdated. Why should I pay for 20 channels if I only want 1?
For the cost of the basic subscription you can have Netflix, amazon prime and Kayo.
I only kept it until now, as its in effect only costing me $29 per month, $4 more than Kayo.

When I had access to a mate's account a couple of years ago, I couldn't find much interesting - there was actually more TV and movie content on Foxtel at the time. But I assume Netflix's content would have increased since then (probably dramatically), and there is a possibility that they will start doing more deals with studios re new movie releases since we can't go to the cinemas.

An annoyance is subscription services is that contents seems to be spread cross about 5 difference services, so you still need to properly research which one(s) you will get. I really like Better Call Saul, but it's only (legally) on Stan, which does't seem to have a lot of other stuff i'd watch.

I really need to just get my Kodi box back up and running (needs a wifi chip thingy).

In any case, these days, I currently get to watch bugger all TV that's isn't ABC Kids, so it's all probably a waste on me...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
PS if we can't talk religion in here, we can't talk about politics either.
Politics does have at least some relevance to the topic at hand, as there is a lot of politics driving the various government responses.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Has corona actually killed anyone without a compromised immune system or who was otherwise healthy before contracting it?
Yep. There's a fair few cases in China, Spain, Italy and USA where 20-40 year olds with no pre-existing conditions have died.

Young and healthy people are a much reduced risk but they're not safe. Approximately 40% of the ICU beds are being taken up by people aged 18-55. In Italy they are giving the beds to the young people and leaving the old people to die. Hence why they have such high death rates.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cheers @dogluva. I appreciate that!! S0ounds like you are doing it tough at the moment So sending love and prayers your way
We will be okay although hubby is a trifle worried about the mortgage. Thankfully banks will give you a 6 month freeze on repayments ( reviewed after 3) but of course it may increase your repayments to catch up. Have been in contact with our bank waiting to hear what they have to say. Not alone in it though it is going to be difficult for a lot of people.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who are these retarded, sub-humans who are actually “confused” by the governments lockdown rules??
The government
Have a 1.5 meter rule but go get a hair cut
Let a infected cruise ship off the docks
Any one with a job is an essential worker

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Are you suggesting it doesn't?
The fuck has trump got to do with the virus here?

But have it your way, don't want to upset the resident lefttards on here, since it was lefttards having a whinge about religion.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What do parking officers and atheists have in common during the coronavirus?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The fuck has trump got to do with the virus here?

But have it your way, don't want to upset the resident lefttards on here.
And here we go.... the old "fuckwit letards"... :grinning: All I said was that I considered politics has some relevance to the topic. But hard to have the discussion with referring to our government. FFS.

I never used the word "Trump", but there have been plenty of discussion on how our own government may be handling it compared to different to others.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep. There's a fair few cases in China, Spain, Italy and USA where 20-40 year olds with no pre-existing conditions have died.

Young and healthy people are a much reduced risk but they're not safe. Approximately 40% of the ICU beds are being taken up by people aged 18-55. In Italy they are giving the beds to the young people and leaving the old people to die. Hence why they have such high death rates.
Fair enough.
But how do we know those that have died weren't sick, or susceptible before hand?

I'm in the vast minority here but I still think this whole "pandemic" as it's being made out to be is a massive overreaction.

But that's just me

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
And here we go.... the old "fuckwit letards"... :grinning: All I said was that I considered politics has some relevance to the topic. But hard to have the discussion with referring to our government. FFS.

I never used the word "Trump", but there have been plenty of discussion on how our own government may be handling it compared to different to others.
What's a letard?

Plus religion has relevance to some people on here too so what's the difference?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fair enough.
But how do we know those that have died weren't sick, or susceptible before hand?

I'm in the vast minority here but I still think this whole "pandemic" as it's being made out to be is a massive overreaction.

But that's just me
You can't think different to the sheep, otherwise you're a conspiracy theorist.

You must obey the MSM and get back in the herd.

Status
Not open for further replies.