Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
UPDATE

Just got a msg saying if you need to do/buy anything non-essential to do/buy it now as they are planning to full lock down as early as Monday.

Only things open would be petrol, pharmacy and groceries.

PS it's the same source that has been right so far.
I'm surprised this hasn't happened yet.

Still, with Petrol, pharmacies and grocery stores open, that's pretty much all the essentials you need.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone have stats of how many of the 8 dead didn’t have pre-existing respiratory or other illnesses and how many people have died from the flu?
Haven't seen stats on this but I know they were all old.

From what we've seen most people who die from it are old or have some pre-existing condition. There has been a fair few young people with no pre-existing conditions in other countries getting very ill and sometimes dying.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Haven't seen stats on this but I know they were all old.

From what we've seen most people who die from it are old or have some pre-existing condition. There has been a fair few young people with no pre-existing conditions in other countries getting very ill and sometimes dying.
In Italy, 99% had 1, 2 or 3 pre-existing condition IIRC

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So does that mean the 2300+ are being treated still?
Yes. This shit hangs around for a long time. Some people are taking up to a month to recover and if there's complications then it could go longer.

The problem with the recovery stat is that anyone who doesn't die but gets very ill will stay in the current cases until they recover or die. That means that people could spend months in hospital. That's one of the main issues with the hospital bed shortages.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
In Italy, 99% had 1, 2 or 3 pre-existing condition IIRC
Yeah, but it was a bit vague on that. The research they did on that was that they took a small sample from the people that died then looked into those medical records and guessed that he rest were the same without looking. At the primary pre-existing condition was high blood pressure which is fairly common in older people. So it's not necessarily a driver that caused the death.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This isn't God's work. It's the devils work made possible an evil man made virus.
Yep, totally agree. God cannot do evil, it's not in God's nature to do so.

Not many will understand this and many will try to dispute this, but what the heck and here it goes:

A man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed.
As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation. They talked about so many things and various subjects.
When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said:
“I don’t believe that God exists…”
“Why do you say that?” asked the customer.
"Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn’t exist. Tell me, if God exists , would there be so many sick people?
Would there be abandoned children?
If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain.
I can’t imagine loving a God who would allow all of these things."
The customer thought for a moment, but didn’t respond because he didn’t want to start an argument.
The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop.
Just after he left the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an untrimmed beard. He looked dirty and unkept.
The customer turned back and entered the barber shop again and he said to the barber:
“You know what? Barbers do not exist.”
“How can you say that?” asked the surprised barber. “I am here, and I am a barber. And I just worked on you!”

"No!! " the customer exclaimed. “Barbers don’t exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside.”
“Ah, but barbers DO exist! What happens is, people do not come to me.”
“Exactly!” affirmed the customer. "That’s the point!
God, too, DOES exist! What happens, is, people don’t go to Him and do not look for Him. That’s why there’s so much pain and suffering in the world."
This is one of the best explanations of why God allows pain and suffering that I have seen. It’s an explanation other people will understand.
"Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps if you’re not willing to move your feet"

The more we abandon God's law the more crap will happen.
God's law has been abandoned at an accelerated rate recently:

"It's my body and I judge what happens to this child in my womb"
"Love is Love"...
"No one gets married these days, what for, marriage as a sacrament and a lifetime commitment is old fashioned"
"Each to their own" comments, but disregarding charity to ones neighbor, no more tough love for the spiritual benefit of others, "I don't want to sound like a bigot because I won''t be accepted by this Godless society, I'd rather sell my own soul than be looked upon as a bigot" - no courage

To those who want to listen then listen, to those who don't then go tile the sea. Still most people will fob it off. lol

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nice words and analogy. Seek and you'll find. Amen Brother. I don't think we can tile the sea until we can start importing tiles from China. $5m2

Not many will understand this and many will try to dispute this, but what the heck and here it goes:

As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation. They talked about so many things and various subjects.
"Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn’t exist. Tell me, if God exists , would there be so many sick people?
The customer thought for a moment, but didn’t respond because he didn’t want to start an argument.
Just after he left the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an untrimmed beard. He looked dirty and unkept.
The customer turned back and entered the barber shop again and he said to the barber:
“How can you say that?” asked the surprised barber. “I am here, and I am a barber. And I just worked on you!”

"No!! " the customer exclaimed. “Barbers don’t exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside.”
God, too, DOES exist! What happens, is, people don’t go to Him and do not look for Him. That’s why there’s so much pain and suffering in the world."
This is one of the best explanations of why God allows pain and suffering that I have seen. It’s an explanation other people will understand.
"Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps if you’re not willing to move your feet"

"Love is Love"...
"No one gets married these days, what for, marriage as a sacrament and a lifetime commitment is old fashioned"
"Each to their own" comments, but disregarding charity to ones neighbor, no more tough love for the spiritual benefit of others, "I don't want to sound like a bigot because I won''t be accepted by this Godless society, I'd rather sell my own soul than be looked upon as a bigot" - no courage

To those who want to listen then listen, to those who don't then go tile the sea. Still most people will fob it off. lol

A

Alexander the Great

Top post brother !!!

"Love is Love"...

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
People here in NZ were told the supermarkets and essentials will be open an there is plenty to go around and not to go an panic buy.. what Happened today? Hundreds of people went out an cleaned out the shelves of dairy’s, supermarkets, etc and have left people with nothing.. they ignored the announcement by government. This is what the problem is. We will never get this under control when this happens. Humanity is its own worst enemy.!!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
People here in NZ were told the supermarkets and essentials will be open an there is plenty to go around and not to go an panic buy.. what Happened today? Hundreds of people went out an cleaned out the shelves of dairy’s, supermarkets, etc and have left people with nothing.. they ignored the announcement by government. This is what the problem is. We will never get this under control when this happens. Humanity is its own worst enemy.!!
Yep it won't slow down for weeks

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
UPDATE

Just got a msg saying if you need to do/buy anything non-essential to do/buy it now as they are planning to full lock down as early as Monday.

Only things open would be petrol, pharmacy and groceries.

PS it's the same source that has been right so far.
Got told same thing

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep midnight tomorrow night if you were thinking of trying to get home lov dog
Thankfully, I don't need to travel ... Singapore have implemented a very good deterrent on travel; if one chooses to ignore "do not travel" advisory and becomes infected requiring hospitalization upon return, one will be responsible for all costs associated with treatment.
Completely agree.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thankfully, I don't need to travel ... Singapore have implemented a very good deterrent on travel; if one chooses to ignore "do not travel" advisory and becomes infected requiring hospitalization upon return, one will be responsible for all costs associated with treatment.
Completely agree.
Good to hear. They don’t muck around there do they!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
horse racing meetings are now getting cancelled

rodzilla Is feeling lonely

Status
Not open for further replies.