CHN & OKUNBOR

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Does this mean they can be suspended for this season & be allowed to play next season!!!

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dare say any suspensions handed down will carry over to the recommencement of the season later this year or the start of 2021.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I dare say any suspensions handed down will carry over to the recommencement of the season later this year or the start of 2021.
Have to agree with you Val.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah the suspension will be an amount of games not weeks.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's funny how many people didn't rate Okunbor before, now it looks like he'll be deregistered and he's wanted in the team.

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can I ask if anyone knows who is handing out the suspension. My opinion is the club and I don’t think it comes under the same rules of suspension for drug cheating, betting on games, foul play or a criminal matter. This is a workplace misconduct issue with the Bulldogs.

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can I ask if anyone knows who is handing out the suspension. My opinion is the club and I don’t think it comes under the same rules of suspension for drug cheating, betting on games, foul play or a criminal matter. This is a workplace misconduct issue with the Bulldogs.
Also if the NRL suspend then the club still pays the player their contract with a club suspension it could also include a reduction in pay component

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seems a very moot point to be talking about suspending anyone when EVERYONE is suspended anyway!!!Same goes for fining them a big fraction of their salary when EVERYONE will be forced to take a big pay cut. Forget it and move on...make them do 100hrs of community service instead.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s going to be interesting how they word the punishment, because it not only relates to not playing but also to them not getting paid. If it’s time based then that’s easy, no playing for 3 months, 6 months, 12 months no problem understanding that, that’s also how long they don’t get paid. But games is a lot harder to understand, for example if they get, say, 12 games and this season is cancelled. That means they don’t get paid for ~18 months. That’s pretty harsh punishment. But if the season isn’t cancelled then they could be back before finals.

There could be some creative punishment dished out, maybe a minimum of X games or Y months, say, 12 games or 3 months whichever is the lessor. It’s even more interesting now with an unknown season to compound the complication and how they make the crime fit the punishment.

Go Dogs

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Just make it monetary only.

what's the point in starting it after a year.

it means they don't play rugby league in 18 months.

who on earth does that help!?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I know there's the principle but geez I dunno about anything stronger than huge, massive fine and community service.

Too hard to come up with an appropriate game suspension under these circumstances of Covid 19, no comp atm, financial worldwide depression coming and pandemic death rate.

Fine and community service and warning that the line in the sand starts now to all league players.

With instant dismissal for females in rooms and a definite list of set penalties for this or that or any issue bringing the game into disrepute. Those rules must be set out in contracts and the public know also what they are as well and everyone knows there's no ifs or buts and no grey areas.

It's all clear...you stuff up ...you are terminated and you no longer enjoy the benefits of this great game.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You would think the NRL showed a bit of perspective considering what’s going on right now

Just give them few games suspension with suspended fine/good behaviour
More pressing problems for the game right now than two young guys and school girls

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seems a very moot point to be talking about suspending anyone when EVERYONE is suspended anyway!!!Same goes for fining them a big fraction of their salary when EVERYONE will be forced to take a big pay cut. Forget it and move on...make them do 100hrs of community service instead.
Community service in isolation may prove somewhat difficult........

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If what we are hearing is correct, then J.O is in bigger trouble than CHN because he engaged with the young lady as a result of direct contact from a school visit.

So, when you try to compare appropriate punishment for J.O, I look at the punishment handed down to Tyrone May.

Tyrone May was outed for 1 season for an indiscretion that was illegal and he is now a convicted criminal directly due to his mistreatment & mistrust of a woman during his sexual encounter with her. But yet, his contract was not terminated & he is now able to return to the game as a criminal.

So the question is,
Does J.O deserve the same punishment, or less, or more?

We just want consistency & not just to be judged different because of who they play for.

We won't mention the Burgess d!ck pics or G.I's drink driving punishments that went unpunished .

Reactions: GDR

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wasn't the show cause deadline meant to yesterday?