Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your in the medical industry? You can see the madness going round the world why do we as country keep sitting on our hands ?
Because every now and then I like to use "The Stranger" for something different.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
From a Swiss doctor who s worked in Australia for over 10 year. Saying what most people know except for politicians.
YET AGAIN DO NOT WAIT FOR ADVICE FROM OUR BUMBLING LEADERSHIP DO WHAT'S RIGHT NOW.
Do not put any more strain on our countries medical personnel who are a going to go through hell in the oncoming weeks months years.

Across the border from Europe's coronavirus hotspot, a Swiss doctor looked at his Italian neighbours and decided to prepare for the likely spread of the virus throughout his region.

He has also monitored the situation of his wife's country, Australia, and his verdict is stern.

Measures to stop the spread of the virus are too late and Australia must hurry to increase hospital capacity to treat COVID-19 patients, says the chief medical officer for Ticino, Switzerland, a region that borders Lombardia, Italy's most affected region.

"The containment measures did not come in early enough, you heard new measures every day but you still had cruise ships coming in with people that are positive and disembarked," Paolo Ferrari told AAP.

"One person can infect 3500 people within five days and each one of those 3500 can infect as many other people. So what you see now is just a tip of the iceberg of how far in the community the virus has spread."

Having worked in Australia from 2003 to 2017, Professor Ferrari received the Order of Australia for his contribution to kidney transplantation.

Under his advice, Ticino grew its intensive care capacity ten days before it even had one positive case, turning different locations into coronavirus-dedicated hospitals.

The region currently has about 300 cases and is expected to peak in two weeks time.

He argued these facilities were similar to war hospitals and urged Australia to do the same within days.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well here I am, day 2 of lockdown. Not going insane yet lol. Following all the rules an staying at home even though lockdown doesn’t officially start for another 12 hours..

I got my family in isolation early, we coping fine, my daughter gets up an does all her assigned school work on her laptop, then she has the rest of the day free, she loving it haha,

hope you are all locking yourselves down over there boys.! Try an slow this dirty virus.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well here I am, day 2 of lockdown. Not going insane yet lol. Following all the rules an staying at home even though lockdown doesn’t officially start for another 12 hours..

I got my family in isolation early, we coping fine, my daughter gets up an does all her assigned school work on her laptop, then she has the rest of the day free, she loving it haha,

hope you are all locking yourselves down over there boys.! Try an slow this dirty virus.
Day 10 for me hopefully I can go back to work on Monday I still got an empty house to myself to work on

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Day 10 for me hopefully I can go back to work on Monday I still got an empty house to myself to work on
Are you an essential business and have you put yourself into lockdown Southy or what?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you an essential business and have you put yourself into lockdown Southy or what?
So far essential under construction but changes by the minute, I should be able to work there regardless as there is no human contact

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
NSW Chief Medical Officer Dr Kerry Chant has been grilled on the Ruby Princess disaster and who was responsible for allowing nearly 2700 passengers to disembark the infected cruise ship last week.
She said nothing could of been done?
I'm no genius or anything but why couldn't you iscolate the ship thsts something that could be done

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Modeling by University of Sydney has found that if less than 8 out of 10 of us stay home the curve will not flatten. At 80% compliance (staying home) the curve will flatten and this thing will be controllable.

Source

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Modeling by University of Sydney has found that if less than 8 out of 10 of us stay home the curve will not flatten. At 80% compliance (staying home) the curve will flatten and this thing will be controllable.

Source
With now 2300 confirmed can't wait for stage 3 we need stage for today

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHO's most recent report states:
67 days for the first 100,000 confirmed cases
11 days for the second 100,000 confirmed cases
4 days for the third 100,000 confirmed cases

That's a big growing curve to flatten!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
USA is exploding. Nearly 10,000 cases in the last 24 hours. 687 dead and only 370 recovered. It's only affecting a tiny portion of their population (0.02% of their population), but their hospital system is already overloaded.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
USA is exploding. Nearly 10,000 cases in the last 24 hours. 687 dead and only 370 recovered. It's only affecting a tiny portion of their population (0.02% of their population), but their hospital system is already overloaded.
USA is going cop it badly. They are going to have to be renamed the DSA. Everyone knows that there are two massive problems right now, the virus, and the economy. Trump is clearly of the belief that he can save both. Unfortunately by holding onto that belief he is going save neither.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Photo taken outside the nail salon at my local shopping centre (before opening). A lot of retail closes today, so shops are opening until midnight just so your nails look fabulous.

This is all that is wrong with society.

FB_IMG_1585092010794.jpg

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Work in construction building industry. We have no idea what the deal is.

Try and keep distance amd wash your hands. Other than that it is business as usual.

Meanwhile I know people in self isolation and we are meant to carry on as normal.

What a shit show.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wish this virus killed the stupid
And they fact those asians are smiling as they walk the mall with their bags in hand, people should fuck off home instead of mulling around a bloody shopping centre.!! Weather it closes at midnight or not, it’s not an excuse to be like oh sweet we have another 12 hours to potentially spread the disease a little more.

oh and 2 metre distance, more rules that are broken, there is so much wrong with the pic it’s not even funny, it just shows the arrogance of it all. Stupid *****.!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.