Opinion Current situation regarding the future of Luke Thompson

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Why do we have to keep Tolman though? This could be the perfect opportunity to try and pinch some contracted players?
We don’t but we will keep him if we don’t sign somebody else. I reckon at this stage he’ll probably still come. There is a lot less cases over here than there is in the UK Europe so as long as he doesn’t bring it with him. Why not...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We don’t but we will keep him if we don’t sign somebody else. I reckon at this stage he’ll probably still come. There is a lot less cases over here than there is in the UK Europe so as long as he doesn’t bring it with him. Why not...
Yh i've just gone cold on Thompson..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Why do we have to keep Tolman though? This could be the perfect opportunity to try and pinch some contracted players?
Well if Nasheed has the good oil we can have Taupau and AFB lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I’m more worried about whether we will have the money to re-sign King Elliott.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
80% of the league are grubs. Every team needs them.
To a point. I’d never be able to cheer for a bloke that kicked his wife in the stomach.
Plus Manly picked him up after St Merge sacked him which makes me dislike him even more

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No point (actually suicide on the cap) signing Thompson if he isn't going to take a pay cut. He'd be on absurd money compared to other players in the league. It's already rumoured he is (using the current salary cap).

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
AFB .. YES PLEASE
We needed to make that signing instead of Napa. He just had a monstrous year the season before. Napa or AFB for 650k? No brainer.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
No point (actually suicide on the cap) signing Thompson if he isn't going to take a pay cut. He'd be on absurd money compared to other players in the league. It's already rumoured he is (using the current salary cap).
Well what are his options stay in ESL and probably take a pay cut anyway?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well what are his options stay in ESL and probably take a pay cut anyway?
It'll depend what the situation is like over there. If he comes here he has to take a pay cut tho (and it could be up to 40% depending how long the league is out for).

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It'll depend what the situation is like over there. If he comes here he has to take a pay cut tho (and it could be up to 40% depending how long the league is out for).
Not really they are in lock down in the UK too mate season suspended also no return date. So his facing a heavy cut on an already smaller salary there anyway. We would still be in a better position.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That’s what I was thinking.
Great player, but not exactly what we need, right now.
I'm just so cold on him now. I wanted another prop but he just doesn't look like the type we need. We need a big boy that will skittle defenders and and build momentum while Thompson looks like the type that will do the damage after that big boy has built momentum.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He will compliment a Fafita type of player.
I'm just so cold on him now. I wanted another prop but he just doesn't look like the type we need. We need a big boy that will skittle defenders and and build momentum while Thompson looks like the type that will do the damage after that big boy has built momentum.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He will compliment a Fafita type of player.
I guess we will just have to wait and see, pretty much all the English forwards that have come out have been physically dominant and Thompson seems to be rated the highest out of that lot. I

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not really they are in lock down in the UK too mate season suspended also no return date. So his facing a heavy cut on an already smaller salary there anyway. We would still be in a better position.
Yes really. It'll depend what the situation is like over there. If he comes here he'll have to take a pay cut. Not sure how you start your sentence with "not really".

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can this guy play 7?

Not fussed if he comes or not