News Canterbury Bulldogs send coaching staff home without pay, other NRL clubs expected to follow

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Surprised that some of you are using this shitty situation to score points.

Clearly something had to be done and was going to be. Credit to the club for making the hard decisions, and hopefully the club gets through this. Fingers crossed the Leagues Club stays afloat itself and we do the same.

Can only imagine other clubs without that backing ....
Sadly I’m not surprised mate

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Getting stood down without pay is pretty routine at the minute I work in aviation as an engineer and we have been hit hard. Pretty much all the casual staff have been laid off and it’s just lucky I have long service leave up my sleeve. If the planes don’t fly I don’t get paid and I guess it’s the same if you work in footy when there’s no games well expect if you’re a player.....

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
There’s no guarantee that they will be receiving the full $1.2 million grants all the way through the year though. It would make sense to keep that up their sleeve to cover the upcoming months of salaries incase the grant money doesn’t come in.
Players will take 50% pay cut after 3 months.Roughly $120 mill available so obviously need to stretch it out

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Getting stood down without pay is pretty routine at the minute I work in aviation as an engineer and we have been hit hard. Pretty much all the casual staff have been laid off and it’s just lucky I have long service leave up my sleeve. If the planes don’t fly I don’t get paid and I guess it’s the same if you work in footy when there’s no games well expect if you’re a player.....
Yes. Exactly. How many supermarket workers are getting laid off? Builders? Barmen? etc. etc. Why's is such a shock that the club is holding off pay to these guys? The players especially need to expect to lose some dough. Just the way it is and isnt' controversial in the slightest imo.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes. Exactly. How many supermarket workers are getting laid off? Builders? Barmen? etc. etc. Why's is such a shock that the club is holding off pay to these guys? The players especially need to expect to lose some dough. Just the way it is and isnt' controversial in the slightest imo.
Spot on, how many people would gladly take a pay cut to stay at home
Most people get nothing
Nrl players need to come down to earth

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Most people get nothing
Pisses me off that the players are crying about this. They should see reality for so many families that are going to struggle paying for a meal let alone their bills / mortgage. And people on here are shocked we're stopping paying out backroom staff? Come on. It has to be done.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pisses me off that the players are crying about this. They should see reality for so many families that are going to struggle paying for a meal let alone their bills / mortgage. And people on here are shocked we're stopping paying out backroom staff? Come on. It has to be done.
Dead right, some family’s will struggle to eat
Some will struggle to pay bills
Some will just get by

And these fucking clowns are sooking

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate I feel for you. Glad you left LSL for a rainy day

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most people get nothing
Not many especially if the can’t afford to pay bills

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dead right, some family’s will struggle to eat
Some will struggle to pay bills
Some will just get by

And these fucking clowns are sooking
You assume all players and others associated with sport earn 300k plus a year. A lot especially staff earn less than 80k

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate I feel for you. Glad you left LSL for a rainy day
Thanks mate unfortunately there’s plenty more worse off then me at the minute. Hopefully it can get sorted ASAP.

A

Alexander the Great

I hope they didn't fire the attacking coach. Thought he was doing a daper job the last 3 years.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thanks mate unfortunately there’s plenty more worse off then me at the minute. Hopefully it can get sorted ASAP.
As soon as they close down schools, which should've been a week ago, I'd say you've got at least a month of complete lock down if not two. Unfortunately Australia hasn't done the standard safety measures which they should've so you'll be entering the complete lock down well behind imo. Which means you'll be in it for longer. Again in my opinion looking at other countries such as Italy, Spain, England etc.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you regarding LSL. Wish the government could cut us some slack not taxing this accrued leave during this crisis.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You assume all players and others associated with sport earn 300k plus a year. A lot especially staff earn less than 80k
I’m talking the players minimum wage 90k
Even if that was cut to 60k it’s a million times better than most people are going to have
That’s roughly a 1000 a week in the pocket after taxes etc

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Sad state of affairs and times right now for everyone involved.!!!

At the end of the day, I just hope after it’s all over an things get better, that the BULLDOGS survive this and continue for all of us here at TK, this is our club an we want to see the best possible outcome.

Come on doggies, stay strong an beat this shit show..!!!
Bro how long is the full lock down for in NZ? Was reading an article today saying spreading a lot slower in NZ?

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Foran for the first time will be not paid for not playing. It took the world shitting itself and shutting down to stop him getting paid for giving nothing lol

Last edited:

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Foran for the first time will be not paid for not playing. It took the world shitting itself and shutdown to stop him getting paid for giving nothing lol
Should’ve retired and got his pay cheque in full while he had the chance lol