Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I guess they are going to wait till it gets worse before taking the action that they should be taking right now. It isn't like places like Italy, Spain, USA, UK, etc, aren't showing what is going to happen.
Still safe to send your kids to school?

Bull. Shit.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We not aloud to call it the Chinese flu or Chinese virus anymore :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

but I mean that’s only if your being politically correct :tonguewink: but I like it Croyon, very good lol
Well, depends on your reason for calling it that I guess...

But you should check out the Spanish Flu. Spain got a bum rap on that one.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well, depends on your reason for calling it that I guess...

But you should check out the Spanish Flu. Spain got a bum rap on that one.
Well I myself have never called it that, but it’s a great way of putting it, usually I stick to covid-19, but the way this shit is going it may as well have many names lol.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the confirmation, Roo

Australia to introduce a ban on all overseas travel
This is a significant escalation. Scott Morrison said that the travel advice from DFAT would be escalated from a “do not travel” warning to a ban on all overseas travel, except in exceptional circumstances.

Exceptions would include people providing aid work in the Pacific, compassionate travel, and essential travel for employment.

Morrison said the ban was introduced because “there are people defying that advice and looking to go overseas on leisure travel”.

He said the Australian government would also introduce new offences for people profiteering from bringing essential medical supplies into the country.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for the confirmation, Roo

Australia to introduce a ban on all overseas travel
This is a significant escalation. Scott Morrison said that the travel advice from DFAT would be escalated from a “do not travel” warning to a ban on all overseas travel, except in exceptional circumstances.

Exceptions would include people providing aid work in the Pacific, compassionate travel, and essential travel for employment.

Morrison said the ban was introduced because “there are people defying that advice and looking to go overseas on leisure travel”.

He said the Australian government would also introduce new offences for people profiteering from bringing essential medical supplies into the country.
Horse has Kind of bolted on that one.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We not aloud to call it the Chinese flu or Chinese virus anymore :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

but I mean that’s only if your being politically correct :tonguewink: but I like it Croyon, very good lol
I can’t stop watching Trump saying CHI-NA. It’s a classic. I hope everyone is staying safe. This is absolutely crazy and is fucking so many peoples lives in so many ways

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I guess they are going to wait till it gets worse before taking the action that they should be taking right now. It isn't like places like Italy, Spain, USA, UK, etc, aren't showing what is going to happen.
It's possibly our competitive nature. We have to be the best at everything. Including dying.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can’t stop watching Trump saying CHI-NA. It’s a classic. I hope everyone is staying safe. This is absolutely crazy and is fucking so many peoples lives in so many ways
Hey Nat, yea mate it’s messy alright to so many degrees..!!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I feel so shit right now. With the latest raft of restrictions my daughter has been stood down from her job. :upset:

We have her here with us at the moment ( she had moved to Sydney for a new job opportunity) as her employers had to restructure the work force so that everyone in the place had at least a few days a week of income. One of her days was to be tomorrow. The staff have worked with the employer to help her with this and now it is for nothing. Like any business it will be a lottery as to how they will bounce back after this settles but that may not be a while yet.

She now has to apply to centrelink so she can at least pay her rent,tried tonight but unavailable and the queues at our local centrelink office today in town were extremely long as is everywhere else. I reckon sooner, rather than later, rentals on investment properties will be suspended and this will work in line with banks suspending repayments on loans too. The Prime minister mentioned this tonight at least but it is a lengthy process and will be considered tomorrow night between state and federal. I am trying to get her to go to Sydney with her Dad tomorrow ( he is going there for a job) tidy up stuff at her unit and take out things from her refrigerator that won't last more than a few days and come back with him when he returns. Don't want her there on her own at the moment. No need to be as no work.

She has gone to pick her sister up from her place of work, Maccas, and ironically now a 16 year old is the only person in the household who is gainfully employed at least for the time being until further restrictions are placed upon us. Well not 100% because hubby does have a bit of work this week in Sydney in the building game ( thankfully in a deserted storage facility sub contracting to fit it out with mezzanine level to get the most storage space) but after that, well anyone's guess. We have commitments like every other Aussie of course, so we will have to take a deep breath, sit down and work through things to see how we will get out the other side in not too bad a state. If needed will approach Centrelink but even that for many at the moment is problematic. No point getting worked up and angry because that will get us nowhere. People need to work through this together and I am sure that those in charge are doing the best they can.
The crunch time is now upon us because people don't want to toe the line. Even I understand that just because some shops are open, I should only go out if I need to and when I do, in a safe manner. Heaps of restrictions so everyone will be inconvenienced in some way but absolutely necessary. People don't co operate and the restrictions will be tightened even further with no one allowed to leave their homes.

I will withhold from family functions ( I can keep in contact by social media, telephone etc. ) because I don't want to get from or give the virus to ones that I love; I will respect those businesses and services that are still allowed to trade by respecting their right to be safe and their staff. I was told by the Drs that I attend that if just one of their staff tests positive the surgery will close and each and every one of the other Drs, nurses, reception staff etc. will need to self isolate. That will put more strain on the Drs in town and more lives at risk. This is a serious matter and I don't think that the powers that be can say it in any other way.

Bad times indeed kennellers so do the right thing for not only yourself but for those you care about........check your neighbours to make sure they are doing okay ...

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I feel so shit right now. With the latest raft of restrictions my daughter has been stood down from her job. :upset:

We have her here with us at the moment ( she had moved to Sydney for a new job opportunity) as her employers had to restructure the work force so that everyone in the place had at least a few days a week of income. One of her days was to be tomorrow. The staff have worked with the employer to help her with this and now it is for nothing. Like any business it will be a lottery as to how they will bounce back after this settles but that may not be a while yet.

She now has to apply to centrelink so she can at least pay her rent,tried tonight but unavailable and the queues at our local centrelink office today in town were extremely long as is everywhere else. I reckon sooner, rather than later, rentals on investment properties will be suspended and this will work in line with banks suspending repayments on loans too. The Prime minister mentioned this tonight at least but it is a lengthy process and will be considered tomorrow night between state and federal. I am trying to get her to go to Sydney with her Dad tomorrow ( he is going there for a job) tidy up stuff at her unit and take out things from her refrigerator that won't last more than a few days and come back with him when he returns. Don't want her there on her own at the moment. No need to be as no work.

She has gone to pick her sister up from her place of work, Maccas, and ironically now a 16 year old is the only person in the household who is gainfully employed at least for the time being until further restrictions are placed upon us. Well not 100% because hubby does have a bit of work this week in Sydney in the building game ( thankfully in a deserted storage facility sub contracting to fit it out with mezzanine level to get the most storage space) but after that, well anyone's guess. We have commitments like every other Aussie of course, so we will have to take a deep breath, sit down and work through things to see how we will get out the other side in not too bad a state. If needed will approach Centrelink but even that for many at the moment is problematic. No point getting worked up and angry because that will get us nowhere. People need to work through this together and I am sure that those in charge are doing the best they can.
The crunch time is now upon us because people don't want to toe the line. Even I understand that just because some shops are open, I should only go out if I need to and when I do, in a safe manner. Heaps of restrictions so everyone will be inconvenienced in some way but absolutely necessary. People don't co operate and the restrictions will be tightened even further with no one allowed to leave their homes.

I will withhold from family functions ( I can keep in contact by social media, telephone etc. ) because I don't want to get from or give the virus to ones that I love; I will respect those businesses and services that are still allowed to trade by respecting their right to be safe and their staff. I was told by the Drs that I attend that if just one of their staff tests positive the surgery will close and each and every one of the other Drs, nurses, reception staff etc. will need to self isolate. That will put more strain on the Drs in town and more lives at risk. This is a serious matter and I don't think that the powers that be can say it in any other way.

Bad times indeed kennellers so do the right thing for not only yourself but for those you care about........check your neighbours to make sure they are doing okay ...
Stay strong
Things will only get worse.
The middle of the road folk will lose out the most out of all this.
But we will get through.
We still live in a first world country no matter how bad things get.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Stay strong
Things will only get worse.
The middle of the road folk will lose out the most out of all this.
But we will get through.
We still live in a first world country no matter how bad things get.
Well they say it's always the darkest before the dawn.

A

Alexander the Great

I love a good dressing towards a Ranger but this guy got the full works. He tore him a new asshole I don't think he will even be able to shit outta.

It has to be the spray of the year for sure.
Fuck the scum bag.

You have to be the scummiest c*** to be a ranger.

They are all fuckwits who can't be cops but want a bit of power.

I'm guess horse/foxer/wanker is a ranger.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I love a good dressing towards a Ranger but this guy got the full works. He tore him a new asshole I don't think he will even be able to shit outta.

It has to be the spray of the year for sure.
If they parked in a driveway or no parking or whatever than far enough. But if they were over time then 100% scum bag.

Rangers and those mobile speed cameras are all ***** who haven't got the brains or balls to be a real cop.

Only good thing they are for is so real cops don't waste their time on these shit kicking jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.