News NRL shutdown effective immediately

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Premiers into perpetuity...avert your gaze from our magnificence. 8-)

This actually ruins the post I had all ready for round 19.:grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They're transporters of the virus aswel, just like any humanbeing.
What I cant understand....they are safer at school and don't have the virus?....but they go home...what happens then? They lose their immunity after 3pm cos school is safer?

Close the schools... and have dedicated facilities for health care and essential services personnel's children.

The Govts, schools, childcare centres should be compiling these lists of their parents NOW and emergency arrangements be in place.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Premiers into perpetuity...avert your gaze from our magnificence. 8-)

This actually ruins the post I had all ready for round 19.:grinning:
A far worse outcome than any virus could be responsible for :-).

Go on Kambah, soak up the glory, survey your kingdom. Sigh...

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A little bit of a rant here.......

Clubs are pleading for memberships and merchandise sales online as their latest way to keep themselves viable.

I already have paid for a family membership for 4 for this year at a fair cost and no mention has been made by either the NRL or the club in relation to rounds cancelled at the moment and into the future, many of them covered by the home game membership and we don't know where we stand. If the comp resumes down the track, we may get reduced value for our membership but what happens if the season can't be played or if it is played during summer at the end of the year in a cut down version which has been mentioned . Will refunds be offered if the time frame of a cut down comp does not suit the ticket holders? Other sports such as cricket, soccer, netball etc. take up time in the warmer months and a lot of families have kids who play those games so attendance at an NRL game may be out of the question depending on timing of games, venues etc.

Additionally, how will that effect the following season because if 2020 is played at the end of the year it will change things immensely for 2021. Just how many home games will you get in that 17 games and how fair would the draw actually be?? Do they just miss out the games that would have been played during the suspension??

The comp generally starts in March and I don't think that a two month break from a 17 round comp will flow well into a full season. The NRL likes to talk about player welfare but that would be a big ask. There would be virtually a zero off season and little time left to rehab and recover from injuries.

We have 4 home games and a reciprocal game up until round 10 in the middle of May. Games we are denied the opportunity to attend.... half of a season ticket price. Be nice to know what the NRL is thinking when it comes to possible refund requests. . Todd Greenberg does not care for anything but TV ratings so bums on seats at the ground don't even matter to him, but he does not have to pay to go to watch a game live we do.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Italy is a very very different case. 4 times our population, everyone lives side by side, and the country is tiny in comparison.
The big problem in northern Italy was because of the fashion industry, and all of the staff jumping back and forwards to China to mamage manufacturing of their designer lable clothing etc.
Yep, many Australians are selfish and stupid in the way you mentioned, so I'm sure we will have plenty of our own problems. I guess it depends how the government manages the situation. Sadly, with Scott Morrison in charge i have very little faith in the government doing it well.
Lucky for me I'm in far north Queensland, and things are only slowly progressing here. 5 cases in cairns. 3 of them were people returning from OS. But we are used to lock down whwn cyclones pass through, and most people have serious supplies to cope. We are also used to empty supermarket shelves whenever floods close down the roads south.
Italy is a very very different case. 4 times our population, everyone lives side by side, and the country is tiny in comparison.
The big problem in northern Italy was because of the fashion industry, and all of the staff jumping back and forwards to China to mamage manufacturing of their designer lable clothing etc.
Yep, many Australians are selfish and stupid in the way you mentioned, so I'm sure we will have plenty of our own problems. I guess it depends how the government manages the situation. Sadly, with Scott Morrison in charge i have very little faith in the government doing it well.
Lucky for me I'm in far north Queensland, and things are only slowly progressing here. 5 cases in cairns. 3 of them were people returning from OS. But we are used to lock down whwn cyclones pass through, and most people have serious supplies to cope. We are also used to empty supermarket shelves whenever floods close down the roads south.
Think Italy, like most countries, simply didn't understand the virus well enough at the beginning. Though they really should've.

From what I've read it was the transfer from doctor to patient that spread it so quickly. Something like a third of all doctors/medical staff in Italy are now infected and they passed that onto their patients at the beginning.

Even now their complete lack of action is bordering on criminal imo. so many bars are still open, people are chilling with each other, it's disgusting. Most are respecting the new laws. But ....

Anyway. That's for another thread.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
A little bit of a rant here.......

Clubs are pleading for memberships and merchandise sales online as their latest way to keep themselves viable.

I already have paid for a family membership for 4 for this year at a fair cost and no mention has been made by either the NRL or the club in relation to rounds cancelled at the moment and into the future, many of them covered by the home game membership and we don't know where we stand. If the comp resumes down the track, we may get reduced value for our membership but what happens if the season can't be played or if it is played during summer at the end of the year in a cut down version which has been mentioned . Will refunds be offered if the time frame of a cut down comp does not suit the ticket holders? Other sports such as cricket, soccer, netball etc. take up time in the warmer months and a lot of families have kids who play those games so attendance at an NRL game may be out of the question depending on timing of games, venues etc.

Additionally, how will that effect the following season because if 2020 is played at the end of the year it will change things immensely for 2021. Just how many home games will you get in that 17 games and how fair would the draw actually be?? Do they just miss out the games that would have been played during the suspension??

The comp generally starts in March and I don't think that a two month break from a 17 round comp will flow well into a full season. The NRL likes to talk about player welfare but that would be a big ask. There would be virtually a zero off season and little time left to rehab and recover from injuries.

We have 4 home games and a reciprocal game up until round 10 in the middle of May. Games we are denied the opportunity to attend.... half of a season ticket price. Be nice to know what the NRL is thinking when it comes to possible refund requests. . Todd Greenberg does not care for anything but TV ratings so bums on seats at the ground don't even matter to him, but he does not have to pay to go to watch a game live we do.
I know it’s frustrating but a lot of answers you need are impossible to get at the minute. Until they get a date that is safe to start again the club has no idea what they are going to refund if you wanted one. You could be waiting all the way until September unfortunately.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only problem I have with the nrl announcing suspension is wishing they did it on Wednesday and not Monday.

I really wanted to see if pay stuck with Lewis or not
Lewis would have been both the 6 and 7 the way Pays coaching. Losing the plot

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know it’s frustrating but a lot of answers you need are impossible to get at the minute. Until they get a date that is safe to start again the club has no idea what they are going to refund if you wanted one. You could be waiting all the way until September unfortunately.
Yeah I know and the footy is not the most important thing at the moment. Frustration yes: the voice of reason yet again Spoonman84..thank you. 8-)

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Prove it.
Go science.
Morrison and Murphy have been resolute that schools should stay open, arguing kids aren’t badly affected and closing the schools would have dire knock-on effects. Swan has said they should close, and he has said so quite firmly: he declared that Australia was “dicking around and we’ve just got to shut stuff down now.Dr Swan is the guy who forewarned of this virus in January and hosts the highest rating podcast on the virus..This doctor is the one to believe.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Morrison and Murphy have been resolute that schools should stay open, arguing kids aren’t badly affected and closing the schools would have dire knock-on effects. Swan has said they should close, and he has said so quite firmly: he declared that Australia was “dicking around and we’ve just got to shut stuff down now.Dr Swan is the guy who forewarned of this virus in January and hosts the highest rating podcast on the virus..This doctor is the one to believe.
so if you died you can't have 6 people at your funeral or ditto if u married a bitch.

Yet kids could sit with 25 other snot nosed brats and a teacher, who can all transmit the virus.

It makes no sense.

in Europe, the schools were the first to close. My kids have been off since the 8th.
It makes no sense. It reduces teachers to babysitting only.

kids can't get sick, but they could give it to josh Reynolds who in turn gives it to his parents who in turn give it to uncle jim. It's shit leadership.

Putin is the winner here. 200 cases in Pyccnr only allegedly, even though he shares border with China

He shut shit down in late Jan, whilst Scomo let 4 ft tall Chinese into Eastwood daily.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Just following on.
Saddest part?austrakai is an island!
It should be easy to shut it down.
I guess mad max 2 got it wrong.

we should have been able to all but bulletproof ourselves.

But I lost faith in that fifteen years ago when we started letting Africans into the place as refugees, and couldn't control the reintroduction of Tb into Oz. And aids shot up.

we can't even fend off 1000 Sudanese and we want to tackle a Pandemic. Good luck.

If Nasheed was prime minster we wouldn't be worrying about anything like this.
Australia would be just Arabic and white European with a touch of poly and a smidgen of aboriginal.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone please leave 'agreed' upvotes on my messages

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Think Italy, like most countries, simply didn't understand the virus well enough at the beginning. Though they really should've.

From what I've read it was the transfer from doctor to patient that spread it so quickly. Something like a third of all doctors/medical staff in Italy are now infected and they passed that onto their patients at the beginning.

Even now their complete lack of action is bordering on criminal imo. so many bars are still open, people are chilling with each other, it's disgusting. Most are respecting the new laws. But ....

Anyway. That's for another thread.
There will always be selfish people who will disobey the rules. This is why it is so hard to mamage something like this. Aussies will struggle to follow these same guidelines, you can garauntee it.