Opinion Kieran foran

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully with the player salary reductions that are likely the club can save a few 100k on Fozza... probably one of the only positives to come out of all this.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So I’m guessing no 350k comp for Foran now?
Also..like I said in an earlier post,it looks like a lower cap when we get back into it..so our war chest won’t be as significant as it was going to be..after all these years of struggling with our cap..
I know I know..bigger issues at the moment but the green pastures we were waiting for, have been somewhat blackened ..
I think the Thompson contract will be an interesting situation too..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Also..like I said in an earlier post,it looks like a lower cap when we get back into it..so our war chest won’t be as significant as it was going to be..after all these years of struggling with our cap..
I know I know..bigger issues at the moment but the green pastures we were waiting for, have been somewhat blackened ..
The cap will be lowered for everyone. I'm going to assume everyone (players) will lose a % to match the new salary cap. E.g. if salary cap went from 9.8m to 6m the players would all take a 40% pay cut (possibly more for the higher end contracts to help the lower level players). In that sense everything should be the same just the players aren't getting paid as much as they once were. The longer the game is out of action the lower the salary cap will be when we return. The NRL is going to have to borrow money which they'll have to pay back to survive.

The Thompson situation could get interesting if the Super League don't need to go through changing their salary cap and how much players are earning (pay cuts). A big reason why Thompson was joining us is we offered him a massive contract, something he couldn't really reject especially when the NRL is the most competitive competition. If rumours are true Thompson would of been getting paid 850k, which could turn into 500k with pay cuts.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree he's our best half but the distraction of him being in and out of the team isn't great. Let's face it he's never going to play a full season. He'd have to be on a very low value contract if we did sign him.
Until he signs with des and then they go well and we have to hear how des got him back on track after the dogs stayed true and paid fuck loads and medical support to him..

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Hopefully he doesn't re-injure himself wiping his own arse in the meantime.
...and this post my friends is why I have one less tissue in the tissue box right now. I needed something to wipe my tears away :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
...and this post my friends is why I have one less tissue in the tissue box right now. I needed something to wipe my tears away :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Hahaha glad to cheer anyone up in these times bro!

Seriously though, he's averaged 2 games a season since joining us and he still couldn't even play the 2 games we actually got in 2020. He's where he belongs, up in Manly where he's comfortably in isolation right now.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully with the player salary reductions that are likely the club can save a few 100k on Fozza... probably one of the only positives to come out of all this.
So pay him 900k instead ?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Until he signs with des and then they go well and we have to hear how des got him back on track after the dogs stayed true and paid fuck loads and medical support to him..
Heard the same thing before he came here. We have the best facilities, his injuries weren't treated properly and all the rest. At the end of the day even he admits he's now 1 injury away from retirement. Very questionable if Manly exist after all of this too.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can he take this opportunity to get surgery on f..king everything and become like the Six Million Dollar Man / Robocop.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No chance.

All it will take is a sniff of the corona, a light cough and pop go the ribs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's going to be very interesting to see how this all plays out not just with Foran but every player. There would be a possibility all contracts become null and void if the NRL want player's taking a hair cut.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think u will find with the salary likely to come down,we are one of the few clubs,currently below it,we also have half of our current top 30,coming of contract,and no more back ended contracts,we will b one of the few clubs in a position,to pick and choose who we want and who we don't,and as far as Kieran foran goes,to much of a liability let him go.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So pay him 900k instead ?
Well if he’s on $1.1m that saves the club $200k for a player who can’t contribute anyway.

Last edited:

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I just logged in to point out the silver lining of Keiran Foran and you beat me to it! This world is upside down!