News NRL shutdown effective immediately

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You just got to do it I think. The kids get it, they give it to their parents, who the. Give it to their parents and then they die.

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What a stupid over reaction!! The nrl needed to stay strong and they were thanks to vlandys but the closing of borders was last straw. Thanks weak and spineless state governments. Does anyone out there know that More people die from flu. Media is so corrupt and evil. They salivate at the thought of bringing down western civilisation.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
What a stupid over reaction!! The nrl needed to stay strong and they were thanks to vlandys but the closing of borders was last straw. Thanks weak and spineless state governments. Does anyone out there know that More people die from flu. Media is so corrupt and evil. They salivate at the thought of bringing down western civilisation.
sorry bro to put it on u but you are really the problem with Australia right now.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Are people really still doing this? Ffs

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There’s no one right answer, my next door neighbour is a nurse, if her kids don’t go to school she doesn’t go to work to look after sick people. Across the road is an ambulance driver, he doesn’t go to work if his kids don’t go to school. What’s worse, kids going to clean supervised school or no ambulances and nurses?

Go Dogs
It doesn't have to Be an either/or thing, and this argument no longer really stacks up.

Schools in some countries gave remwinws open just for kids if the types of people. But the majority of ambos and nurses will also have partners who possibly can stay at home.

It's fucking criminal that schools are remaining open as they are. Every doctor I have spoken to (And there are a number if them) agrees.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
And governments could easily setup something for the nurses and doctors that have children at home.

Or could just go Northern Territory and just have them roam the streets shoeless.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You sure?
Aussies are impatient and over privileged and can't handle life being tough. 'Why should I stay home because of a cold' is the sentiment I see playing out.

People are taking this way more serious in Europe than in Aus.
Just the little things like cafes closing. Gyms being closed for weeks. Empty buses. Cashiers disinfecting their hands in between customers at supermarket.

Even closing playgrounds as of today.

Kids are going to school in Oz for funky sake. Still!
people are still gathering in crowds, yesterday at Dan Murphy's ppl were shoulder to shoulder.
A bloody cruise ship with corona dogs on board disembarked and wasn't stopped.

The curve here is sharpening at the same trajectory as Italy, just a few weeks behind. But side by side it's the same rate. And Italy's in lockdown. And Aussies are still out clubbing.
The virus doesn't care if you're jumping to 4am by scooter at midnight.
Italy is a very very different case. 4 times our population, everyone lives side by side, and the country is tiny in comparison.
The big problem in northern Italy was because of the fashion industry, and all of the staff jumping back and forwards to China to mamage manufacturing of their designer lable clothing etc.
Yep, many Australians are selfish and stupid in the way you mentioned, so I'm sure we will have plenty of our own problems. I guess it depends how the government manages the situation. Sadly, with Scott Morrison in charge i have very little faith in the government doing it well.
Lucky for me I'm in far north Queensland, and things are only slowly progressing here. 5 cases in cairns. 3 of them were people returning from OS. But we are used to lock down whwn cyclones pass through, and most people have serious supplies to cope. We are also used to empty supermarket shelves whenever floods close down the roads south.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
kids of school age can be left at home.
If not, I'm sure some childcare arrangements can be made.
The child care workers have children too and wha’s the difference between going to a child care centre and going to school. Sending the kids to their grandparents scares the hell out of me.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It doesn't have to Be an either/or thing, and this argument no longer really stacks up.

Schools in some countries gave remwinws open just for kids if the types of people. But the majority of ambos and nurses will also have partners who possibly can stay at home.

It's fucking criminal that schools are remaining open as they are. Every doctor I have spoken to (And there are a number if them) agrees.
Every doctor I’ve spoken to says kids are safer being monitored at school.

Go Dogs

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Italy is a very very different case. 4 times our population, everyone lives side by side, and the country is tiny in comparison.
The big problem in northern Italy was because of the fashion industry, and all of the staff jumping back and forwards to China to mamage manufacturing of their designer lable clothing etc.
Yep, many Australians are selfish and stupid in the way you mentioned, so I'm sure we will have plenty of our own problems. I guess it depends how the government manages the situation. Sadly, with Scott Morrison in charge i have very little faith in the government doing it well.
Lucky for me I'm in far north Queensland, and things are only slowly progressing here. 5 cases in cairns. 3 of them were people returning from OS. But we are used to lock down whwn cyclones pass through, and most people have serious supplies to cope. We are also used to empty supermarket shelves whenever floods close down the roads south.
The issue is not what we see, but what we dont see. Open your eyes fellas. Its scary to say the least.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The child care workers have children too and wha’s the difference between going to a child care centre and going to school. Sending the kids to their grandparents scares the hell out of me.

Go Dogs
Child care centres should also be closed by now.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It had to happen, the first 2 rounds shouldn't have happened in my view anyway

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The only problem I have with the nrl announcing suspension is wishing they did it on Wednesday and not Monday.

I really wanted to see if pay stuck with Lewis or not

adamsapple

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If the NRL does come back this season there is a chance it might be played like the 9's with pools and knock out system