Rumour of relocating the Bulldogs to the North Shore?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Are you aware that pharmacies are still open to get you Meds.
When have I lost it and become abusive?
Seems you failed to heed the advice against an attempted comedy career.
If I could be bothered with you, I'd point out what you're asking for - but you're not worth my time.

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good question.
I'd say the answer are;
-General mismanagement.
- a strong union presence west of North Sydney until Epping.
- The biggest one. The historic rivalry with Nth Sydney. The problem with these local derbies where you are taught to hate them from a young age is when the shit hits the fan you can never marry. This is why the Northern Eagles, a very logical merge, didn't work. Bears niggas can't bring themselves to support Manly. Therefore anything south of the spit hasn't been taken By them. And like my first point, they haven't been able to maximise the value they have in the smaller region they have a grip on.
A fresh, neutral start to the area might be the antidote to being these regions together. Hence why the 'Northern Sydney Bulldogs' might just be the powerhouse that rivals the Broncos in share.
Very interesting times,IF! we had to move i would rather just be called the BULLDOGS.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Danny wielder reported that. Earliest resume date of the nrl is June. September at latest but could be a reduced comp.
The nrl is also giving each club 1.2 million a month for the next 3 months just to help survive.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahhhh, guys, Coronavirus affects the lungs not the brain...

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it important if I am or am not?

Haven't hid the truth to this at all hence my question
Nah I see that you are and that is more than fine. We tend to decline overseas accounts though because they usually end up being spam bots. Glad you weren't denied.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Liverpool not in play anymore because Tigers moved in ten years ago. Horse has bolted there.
Tell me y then the Nrl is still asking them the question,only as recent as late last year?

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about we hold our theory crafting and wait for Lynn Anderson to respond to the bulldogs position going forward. If Lynn is worth her salt she needs to release a statement soon.The fact is that our ownership model relies heavily on funding from a leagues club that has been told to shut up shop so we are vulnerable. As for all the other malaki floating around believe what you want to believe but I can tell you with 100% certainty that rugby league as we know it will change massively going forward.

A

Alexander the Great

People they talk about the ball runners but
aways talk it up from the bench.

That is preposterous.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
This is massive, and serious.

I just called and spoke to a friend who is connected with the Bulldogs to see what is going on and they were in shock..
They said that there has been a crisis meeting today at the Bulldogs and one of the items discussed was to relocate to the North Shore should the NRL go broke and teams disappear as a means to survival.

From what I understand. The thinking goes like this;
Should clubs go bust, Manly will likely be one of the first teams to perish. This opens up the entire North Sydney, Northern Suburbs,North Shore and Northern Beaches.
The Bulldogs, as is, are surrounded by three Rich clubs (Eels,Souths,Saints) and are competing for territory on both sides with the Tigers.
The feeling is they can ensure their survival as a powerhouse by moving into the vacant spot and growing a huge market and playing games out of Homebush and Brookvale.

Taking the Shire from Cronulla was discussed but was shot down very quickly, as it doesn't solve the issue and would be a 'terrible notion'.

it's a serious strategy.
I'm not sure how I feel about it.
Would be a big change. But could be interesting.

please don't shoot the messenger in your replies. Nasheed.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it meant the survival of the Bulldogs team and where only called Bulldogs not Northern Bulldogs etc and we play at Belmore & Homebush & Gosford not Brookvale and our jersey and colours remain then I might be able to cop it.

It’s better than not being in the NRL and it might only be for a short period perhaps.

The game will survive and I want to ensure the Dogs are playing in the main competition.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It may be better in the long term that hard decisions are forced on clubs and the nrl by the current situation. Too many clubs in Sydney not enough money - I could live with an amalgamation - where the headquarters are makes no difference to me.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stupid idea, wouldnt work. League is tribal, warriors titans manly tigers would be first to go.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Stupid idea, wouldnt work. League is tribal, warriors titans manly tigers would be first to go.
That's the point young thug.

They want to grab that territory when it opens up as Bulldogs are in a clustered area that's easily absorbed by saints, tigers and Eels.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
This is massive, and serious.

I just called and spoke to a friend who is connected with the Bulldogs to see what is going on and they were in shock..
They said that there has been a crisis meeting today at the Bulldogs and one of the items discussed was to relocate to the North Shore should the NRL go broke and teams disappear as a means to survival.

From what I understand. The thinking goes like this;
Should clubs go bust, Manly will likely be one of the first teams to perish. This opens up the entire North Sydney, Northern Suburbs,North Shore and Northern Beaches.
The Bulldogs, as is, are surrounded by three Rich clubs (Eels,Souths,Saints) and are competing for territory on both sides with the Tigers.
The feeling is they can ensure their survival as a powerhouse by moving into the vacant spot and growing a huge market and playing games out of Homebush and Brookvale.

Taking the Shire from Cronulla was discussed but was shot down very quickly, as it doesn't solve the issue and would be a 'terrible notion'.

it's a serious strategy.
I'm not sure how I feel about it.
Would be a big change. But could be interesting.

please don't shoot the messenger in your replies. Nasheed.
I think your friends temperature is high and need to be tested for corona virus

FatDogSlim

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just don’t loose our colors or “Canterbury” and I’m sweet with any move