Rumour of relocating the Bulldogs to the North Shore?

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I just made a follow up call and relayed some of this stuff.

Basically the first to go they anticipate is Manly and perhaps followed by Cronulla. Saints are all over Cronulla.

we would survive the first phase of the 'death race' but could face issues beyond that. So the intent is to jump on the massive opening spot from Manly, alongside their big junior base, affluent supporters and sponsorship opportunity.

sponsorships are a big motivator here. That's the biggest point I learnt from the follow up call twenty minutes ago.

It would be something like half the games at Brookie/Nth Sydney, half at ANZ with possibly a token game at Belmont as an annual event.

My insider used the quote to me
'What's a better target opportunity? Old arabs playing cards, drinking Arak and smoking cigars in Regents Park, or rich young businesspeople with connections from the North'.
GET FUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I said in the first message not to shoot the messenger.
If you have something please write the bulldogs management.
@bradtalo already did but as you saw the management don't listen to us average people.

Considering you're so we'll connected at the club do you think you could bring it up with them? Clearly someone with as much influence as you will be able to get the point across quicker?

Thanks sweetie and thanks for the pic! You look great in red

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
This is massive, and serious.

I just called and spoke to a friend who is connected with the Bulldogs to see what is going on and they were in shock..
They said that there has been a crisis meeting today at the Bulldogs and one of the items discussed was to relocate to the North Shore should the NRL go broke and teams disappear as a means to survival.

From what I understand. The thinking goes like this;
Should clubs go bust, Manly will likely be one of the first teams to perish. This opens up the entire North Sydney, Northern Suburbs,North Shore and Northern Beaches.
The Bulldogs, as is, are surrounded by three Rich clubs (Eels,Souths,Saints) and are competing for territory on both sides with the Tigers.
The feeling is they can ensure their survival as a powerhouse by moving into the vacant spot and growing a huge market and playing games out of Homebush and Brookvale.

Taking the Shire from Cronulla was discussed but was shot down very quickly, as it doesn't solve the issue and would be a 'terrible notion'.

it's a serious strategy.
I'm not sure how I feel about it.
Would be a big change. But could be interesting.

please don't shoot the messenger in your replies. Nasheed.
I call BULLSHIT on this post, Nasheed are you sure you didn't ring Canterbury leagues club and some drunk answered?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I call BULLSHIT on this post, Nasheed are you sure you didn't ring Canterbury leagues club and some drunk answered?
Can't reveal my source, but if anyone would know it would be this person.

besides, two other people in this thread have been told the same thing.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can't reveal my source, but if anyone would know it would be this person.

besides, two other people in this thread have been told the same thing.
Actually give you that as it seems other people have been told the same thing ...

mountain_dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
It would have to be Cronulla that goes first...

1) Massive debt that is purely reliant on completion of the apartment development. I've been told by someone who worked on Stage I, that they were asked to do Stage II and refused due to some issued.
2) Cronulla have closed their Leagues club & already started knocking it down. So, they can't easily reopen it.
3) The ground is connected to the club, so it may reduce their capacity if they have to open to play there before the club is finished.

So, basically they will have substantial problems in trying to generate any kind of reasonable income once the world goes back to normal (health wise) next year.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

1) Massive debt that is purely reliant on completion of the apartment development. I've been told by someone who worked on Stage I, that they were asked to do Stage II and refused due to some issued.
2) Cronulla have closed their Leagues club & already started knocking it down. So, they can't easily reopen it.
3) The ground is connected to the club, so it may reduce their capacity if they have to open to play there before the club is finished.

So, basically they will have substantial problems in trying to generate any kind of reasonable income once the world goes back to normal (health wise) next year.
Is it a case of the weakest clubs being cast off? Or simply clubs not being able to be financially stable enough to get through this?

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
The flying bulldogs... Coached by dês hasler and assistant coach Dean Pay. Turbo at the back...DCE at 7...Averillo at 6...DWZ on the wing... Fuck me the mind boggles! Hehehe

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
All jokes aside, the Turbo's want to stay on the beaches where they lived and grow up and were thinking of the bulldogs.

we would almost certainly get them when we relocate to the North Shore.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

my source said that was his thoughts too but the sentiment was whether Cronulla or Manly are forced to die first, if we reach those times, whoever is first, the other would follow within days.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Times change and people move in and out of areas and who cares if they are now called Ali, Youseff and Nassif?? If they support the Dogs they are my mates!
You forgot Nasheed.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

I would love it if Cronulla folds. I have family members who are with Sharks fans, I hate Scummo, and I absolutely loathe their up up cronulla shit. Be sweet to see them gone.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The leagues club would not support a move north. They may support a merge with the base still at Belmore.

Still early days

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Just too lighten up the mood, I had a thought today, imagine if after we relocate all the fully sick Arabians decide to stick with the team and make the trip up north as well.
Car lines of rexies clogging up the spit bridge, Arabic music blaring from houses into Narrabeen river, Dee Why RSL replaced with an Adidas outlet, fights outside Warringah Mall every Thursday night, Salim Mehajar sitting at Palm Besch and so forth.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I would love it if Cronulla folds. I have family members who are with Sharks fans, I hate Scummo, and I absolutely loathe their up up cronulla shit. Be sweet to see them gone.
They could be the gun side in the SRL: Shire Rugby League :-).

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
This is massive, and serious.

I just called and spoke to a friend who is connected with the Bulldogs to see what is going on and they were in shock..
They said that there has been a crisis meeting today at the Bulldogs and one of the items discussed was to relocate to the North Shore should the NRL go broke and teams disappear as a means to survival.

From what I understand. The thinking goes like this;
Should clubs go bust, Manly will likely be one of the first teams to perish. This opens up the entire North Sydney, Northern Suburbs,North Shore and Northern Beaches.
The Bulldogs, as is, are surrounded by three Rich clubs (Eels,Souths,Saints) and are competing for territory on both sides with the Tigers.
The feeling is they can ensure their survival as a powerhouse by moving into the vacant spot and growing a huge market and playing games out of Homebush and Brookvale.

Taking the Shire from Cronulla was discussed but was shot down very quickly, as it doesn't solve the issue and would be a 'terrible notion'.

it's a serious strategy.
I'm not sure how I feel about it.
Would be a big change. But could be interesting.

please don't shoot the messenger in your replies. Nasheed.
Thanks for that Nasheed,

This is one of things we should take with a grain of salt, like flat earth and chemtrails. I'd wait until there is a reliable source before accepting this as a possibility.
One thing this virus will create is a heap of urban myths.

Should Manly go under, it is more likely that a new, Central Coast based club would fill the gap.

Saints are not as rich as you might think. They are a possibility of failing, and we already share a border with them. It would be a logical fit if we let Cronulla take over WIN stadium, and we use Kogarah as a second home.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I lived in Dewitt St Bankstown as a kid in the 70’s and rode my BMX in the canals and beside the train lines to Belmore to steal the footys kicked on to the train tracks by Steve Gearin.

But fuck it would be good to walk to North Sydney oval to watch them and then stop at the Rag and Famish for a schooner or 6 on the walk home...8-)
It would be a good walk from Bankstown to North Sydney.