News NRL shutdown effective immediately

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Blame Greenberg and his version of Simply the best. Minorities win again.......dammmnnn you Greenberrrggg!!!!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
What an absolute pisser. No footy till who knows when. Offseason was long enough. Fkn virus

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have a look at Europe, we ain’t seen nothing here yet. Things are about to get nasty.
It won't become anything like europe here. Europeans live in very confined spaces, we are all very spread out and have a much smaller population. It will still be bad here, but not on their scale.
We all just need to be patient, unselfish, and allow things to yke their course while following the rules.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Nrl has 10 weeks to start to get the whole season in for the year.
If they dont they break their contract with channel 9 and fox and they lose millions.
Nrl 360 reckons that the $9.8 million salary cap is gone and some Teams wont make it.
Every players salary will be dropped considerably with a new cap
So how does this effect Luke Thompsons contract im afraid we might lose him..
Same thing will be happening over there mate. At least here people actually love the game of rugby league, where as there arent too man over there who do compared with soccer.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im just really worried about the real victims here.....Rugby League journos.

I mean, what's going to happen to Weidler and Rothfield with no NRL going on? I wouldn't want them to be out of a job...........
How does Weilder have a job.
I didnt know who he was until I watched him on 100% footy one night. He was the biggest dribbler of shit I have ever seen.
I thought to myself how in the world can this bloke be a sports journo.
He was trying to fabricate garbage and Gus wasn't having any of it.
It looked like Gus couldn't stand being in the same room with him.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It won't become anything like europe here. Europeans live in very confined spaces, we are all very spread out and have a much smaller population. It will still be bad here, but not on their scale.
We all just need to be patient, unselfish, and allow things to yke their course while following the rules.
Oooh mate this is only the tip of the iceberg unfortunatley. Sit tight.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I agree mate. This is where isolation and small population can work in our favour. We’re likely a week behind the 8-ball so there’ll still be some pain and we still have to do our bit to minimise the impact but I think we’re in better shape than many other places. The biggest problem I see is that common sense ain’t all that common...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Buzz must be having conniptions tonight.
No footy and the pubs are closed. At least he’s get plenty of time on his hands now to continue his fiction writing career.
He actually had a drip of sweat run down his cheek lol, I had to rewind because it thought he was crying... Bloke got on the defence about Cronulla to lol reckons they are no chance of going under

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm actually hoping the nrlol folds and a new professional comp comes in.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
He actually had a drip of sweat run down his cheek lol, I had to rewind because it thought he was crying... Bloke got on the defence about Cronulla to lol reckons they are no chance of going under
Which proves how deluded he is...

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im just really worried about the real victims here.....Rugby League journos.

I mean, what's going to happen to Weidler and Rothfield with no NRL going on? I wouldn't want them to be out of a job...........
They will continue to make up stories about the nrl folding, or clubs folding while waiting for some players to fuck up in their free time to then spill the dirt about so said player/s.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
How does Weilder have a job.
I didnt know who he was until I watched him on 100% footy one night. He was the biggest dribbler of shit I have ever seen.
I thought to myself how in the world can this bloke be a sports journo.
He was trying to fabricate garbage and Gus wasn't having any of it.
It looked like Gus couldn't stand being in the same room with him.
I know a bloke that went to school with him. Said he was a fuckwit even back then :laughing:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You sure?
Aussies are impatient and over privileged and can't handle life being tough. 'Why should I stay home because of a cold' is the sentiment I see playing out.

People are taking this way more serious in Europe than in Aus.
Just the little things like cafes closing. Gyms being closed for weeks. Empty buses. Cashiers disinfecting their hands in between customers at supermarket.

Even closing playgrounds as of today.

Kids are going to school in Oz for funky sake. Still!
people are still gathering in crowds, yesterday at Dan Murphy's ppl were shoulder to shoulder.
A bloody cruise ship with corona dogs on board disembarked and wasn't stopped.

The curve here is sharpening at the same trajectory as Italy, just a few weeks behind. But side by side it's the same rate. And Italy's in lockdown. And Aussies are still out clubbing.
The virus doesn't care if you're jumping to 4am by scooter at midnight.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Kids are going to school in Oz.
There’s no one right answer, my next door neighbour is a nurse, if her kids don’t go to school she doesn’t go to work to look after sick people. Across the road is an ambulance driver, he doesn’t go to work if his kids don’t go to school. What’s worse, kids going to clean supervised school or no ambulances and nurses?

Go Dogs

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
There’s no one right answer, my next door neighbour is a nurse, if her kids don’t go to school she doesn’t go to work to look after sick people. Across the road is an ambulance driver, he doesn’t go to work if his kids don’t go to school. What’s worse, kids going to clean supervised school or no ambulances and nurses?

Go Dogs
kids of school age can be left at home.
If not, I'm sure some childcare arrangements can be made.