Rumour of relocating the Bulldogs to the North Shore?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
This is massive, and serious.

I just called and spoke to a friend who is connected with the Bulldogs to see what is going on and they were in shock..
They said that there has been a crisis meeting today at the Bulldogs and one of the items discussed was to relocate to the North Shore should the NRL go broke and teams disappear as a means to survival.

From what I understand. The thinking goes like this;
Should clubs go bust, Manly will likely be one of the first teams to perish. This opens up the entire North Sydney, Northern Suburbs,North Shore and Northern Beaches.
The Bulldogs, as is, are surrounded by three Rich clubs (Eels,Souths,Saints) and are competing for territory on both sides with the Tigers.
The feeling is they can ensure their survival as a powerhouse by moving into the vacant spot and growing a huge market and playing games out of Homebush and Brookvale.

Taking the Shire from Cronulla was discussed but was shot down very quickly, as it doesn't solve the issue and would be a 'terrible notion'.

it's a serious strategy.
I'm not sure how I feel about it.
Would be a big change. But could be interesting.

please don't shoot the messenger in your replies. Nasheed.

Reaction score
Nasheed here,

I just called and spoke to a friend who is connected with the Bulldogs to see what is going on and they were in shock..
They said that there has been a crisis meeting today at the Bulldogs and one of the items discussed was to relocate to the North Shore should the NRL go broke and teams disappear as a means to survival.

Should clubs go bust, Manly will likely be one of the first teams to perish. This opens up the entire North Sydney, Northern Suburbs,North Shore and Northern Beaches.
The Bulldogs, as is, are surrounded by three Rich clubs (Eels,Souths,Saints) and are competing for territory on both sides with the Tigers.
The feeling is they can ensure their survival as a powerhouse by moving into the vacant spot and growing a huge market and playing games out of Homebush and Brookvale.

Taking the Shire from Cronulla was discussed but was shot down very quickly, as it doesn't solve the issue and would be a 'terrible notion'.

it's a serious strategy.

This sounds like fantasy land. I can't see the mighty bulldogs leaving there heartland

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

it's a serious strategy.

I live in North Sydney, I fuckun love it but play em out of North Sydney Oval and I will put on the Kennel BBQ for all Home games!!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
In my personal opinion. It could work.

we lose 15% of our current fan base but gain 40% more and access to good juniors system. And no way we could fold.

but still, historic and tradition means I'm conflicted.

A

Alexander the Great

I've heard 3 things doing the rounds. One very credible source the other 50/50.

1. A Saudi has been calling around Nrl clubs and testing the waters if clubs would be available to discuss selling off to them. (50/50)

2. Both dogs players will not be fired though fines and time out will be given to the them. (Legit sauce)

3. Dogs are looking at Manly/north Sydney area if Manly folds. This i don't see working though. (Legit sauce)

The worrying part if the overseas interest we have and the nrl season was only just postponed today. They move quick the cheeky *****.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
you need brain improvement if you created this thread out of thin air

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I live in North Sydney, I fuckun love it but play em out of North Sydney Oval and I will put on the Kennel BBQ for all Home games!!
I like mine medium rare, thanks Baz.
I’ll bring the beers. :-)

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I grew up in Willoughby, that would be ironic as I grew up amongst Norths and Manly supporters who saw my team as the poor side of town

A

Alexander the Great

I live around Manly and I cop a fair bit if I'm im my dogs gear. They don't muck around.

Can't see us moving to Manly tbh.
I grew up in Willoughby, that would be ironic as I grew up amongst Norths and Manly supporters who saw my team as the poor side of town

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Thinking further,
It's actually not as radical As it may seem.

It's pretty much fact that Manly would be first to die if the season is canned.

Then there would be a race to take that territory, which must be juicy from a business POV. I doubt we are the only ones thinking this. I reckon Cronulla and Easts would be watching too.

A

Alexander the Great

TIitans will go first before Manly.

The NRL can't help the Titans anymiore than what they have.

The league won't be the same without the Sea Eagles.
Thinking further,
It's actually not as radical As it may seem.

more try much fact that Manly would be first to die if the season is canned.

Then there would be a race to take that territory, which must be juicy from a business POV.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The money going around is Titans, Manly Cronulla, Newcastle & Tigers are more so in the hot seat.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I lived in Dewitt St Bankstown as a kid in the 70’s and rode my BMX in the canals and beside the train lines to Belmore to steal the footys kicked on to the train tracks by Steve Gearin.

But fuck it would be good to walk to North Sydney oval to watch them and then stop at the Rag and Famish for a schooner or 6 on the walk home...8-)

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

it's a serious strategy.

Are you trying to get into the Guinness World Records for the amount of dumb topics a person can post in 1 week?