News NRL shutdown effective immediately

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
This is soooooooooooo bad. Everything is farked. I really hope this virus is somehow brought under control ASAP. Not really because of NRL, but because of everything else like the economy and job market.

Sadly the only way out I can see is a cure and vaccine. We clearly cannot stop the spread of it on our own and even if we did, all it takes is one person who still has it to make it all flare up again.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If NRL disintegrates.

do we find ourselves with a one off draft for all the free agents?

would be interesting. Completely resetting the clock and ushering in new era.

I'd like to see all the Sydney teams scrapped and getting a South, north, west, south west and East represent. Maybe a central (eels).

Press forward with a 12 or 14 team Como, which is more where we are at in skill level across the board.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If NRL disintegrates.

do we find ourselves with a one off draft for all the free agents?

would be interesting. Completely resetting the clock and ushering in new era.

I'd like to see all the Sydney teams scrapped and getting a South, north, west, south west and East represent. Maybe a central (eels).

Press forward with a 12 or 14 team Como, which is more where we are at in skill level across the board.
Hell no, LONG LIVE THE DOGGIES now and forever!!!!!!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Hell no, LONG LIVE THE DOGGIES now and forever!!!!!!
The way I see it, no big deal if we lose the dogs IF no one else gets to keep theirs either... in Sydney.
I don't think Souths should be flicked though as that is our link to history and community as a competition. Too iconic to lose as they are the pride of the league. I also technically see no reason to get rid of eels if you take forward the central suburban idea.

maybe if you guys prefer we can have the South suburbs Bullogs with blue, black and white and a similar logo. Essentially meaning we survive in an evolved state. Not against that at all.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Let the comp restart in 2 months and finish in December and restart in March 2021 :grinning:

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im just really worried about the real victims here.....Rugby League journos.

I mean, what's going to happen to Weidler and Rothfield with no NRL going on? I wouldn't want them to be out of a job...........

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Expect manly to fold. I hear they may merge with cronulla... Just rumours

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
They could of made an allowance for its sports stars, QLD Government are fuckwits, why even start the comp?
This knee jerk shit is hacking me off.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

I mean, what's going to happen to Weidler and Rothfield with no NRL going on? I wouldn't want them to be out of a job...........
They will start looking through players garbage to dog dirt on them.

And the players will no doubt provide.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Parra fans would be dirty
Gives me half a chubby

olympics will go on and miraculously someone from italy will win gold medal, stay woke!
Yeah nah..

if 8 clubs die, we will make the finals this year
I like it

We peak in september last few years. We're definitely specials if they resume the comp in 6 months.
Premiers for sure !

Imagine how fat Latrell Mitchell will be with another off season lol
Hahahaha, I thought we were looking for a prop, sign the fat ***** up..

This is soooooooooooo bad. Everything is farked. I really hope this virus is somehow brought under control ASAP. Not really because of NRL, but because of everything else like the economy and job market.

Sadly the only way out I can see is a cure and vaccine. We clearly cannot stop the spread of it on our own and even if we did, all it takes is one person who still has it to make it all flare up again.
Too true, in 48hrs in my house with 4 adults we have a sole trader (me) and two casuals put out of work.. Its a strange time and a once in a life time event. One we didn’t ask for or need and way more catastrophic than most can currently see..

Best wishes to all, be safe and hopefully we all catch up to put shit on each other on the other side.

Bazildog

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The way I see it, no big deal if we lose the dogs IF no one else gets to keep theirs either... in Sydney.
I don't think Souths should be flicked though as that is our link to history and community as a competition. Too iconic to lose as they are the pride of the league. I also technically see no reason to get rid of eels if you take forward the central suburban idea.

maybe if you guys prefer we can have the South suburbs Bullogs with blue, black and white and a similar logo. Essentially meaning we survive in an evolved state. Not against that at all.
Again HELL NO!!!! Our proud club has 85 years of history to grow on. As for as you quoted our link to history Souths would be a distant NRL after thought if they had their way, Russel Crowe should Kiss our clubs butt for saving his precious little bunnies, in supporting them in every way up till their reinstatement. If it wasn't for the Dogs they would be history. As for the Eels ??? Stop playing with yourself Nasheed.

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well, j think there is my excuse to cancel my Foxtel subscription.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Buzz must be having conniptions tonight.
No footy and the pubs are closed. At least he’s get plenty of time on his hands now to continue his fiction writing career.

A

Alexander the Great

He was sweating like a pig on 360. He is either very unwell or needed a drink.

Buzz must be having conniptions tonight.
No footy and the pubs are closed. At least he’s get plenty of time on his hands now to continue his fiction writing career.