News NRL shutdown effective immediately

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Realistically speaking...
The Bulldogs are slow starters, given the improved form late in the season
Bulldogs will make the top 4 people...We are laughing :tearsofjoy::fearscream::disrelieved: ?
We peak in september last few years. We're definitely specials if they resume the comp in 6 months.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dean pay is safe
Dean Pay may be safe but with a win loss record of 18 wins 0 draws and 34 losses from 52 games includes the first two rounds of this season, that gives Dean less than 36% winning ratio. Pay still finds himself under scrutiny and pressure IMO. Especially if new coaches become available due to other teams having to fold during this suspended season.

Last edited:

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nrl is suspended but will never die , newscorp will continue to make $ all the clicks on the websites funds their sponsoring and advertising which =$$$$

nrl won’t die don’t believe the media hype , what ever the situation is halve it by 50% thats how bad the situation is

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Fantastic season at FB Latrell

Sooo, does this mean we don’t have to sack Cocknbur and Corey?
I don't know if okunbor is allowed out these days. A 14year girl from Port Macquarie has tested positive. Okunbor is again in isolation.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Really mate, Gould policing the Roosters salary cap, after having been closely associated with Politis for what 25 years and probably getting some pocket money to gamble with from him.
STOP LIVING IN CLOUD COOCOO LAND MATE.
It couldn't be worse than the cap rorts they've been getting away with for years with the muppets they've had running the game! They have won the last two premierships with a team full of rep players in case you didn't realise.

Gus has a link to tonnes of clubs and I think he'd do a better job than the current clowns.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Good news: we only lost 2 games this season

Bad News: we had a 100% loss rate for the season

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Will Foxtel or Telstra reduce my monthly Foxtel fee - I only have it for the NRL - silly question n wrong place to ask
Dunno but I expect kayo will see a dive which is Foxtel. I'll be pausing my sub a few months or longer depending how things go. Only had it for the footy, had it paused during off season

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The Nrl has 10 weeks to start to get the whole season in for the year.
If they dont they break their contract with channel 9 and fox and they lose millions.
Nrl 360 reckons that the $9.8 million salary cap is gone and some Teams wont make it.
Every players salary will be dropped considerably with a new cap
So how does this effect Luke Thompsons contract im afraid we might lose him..
Apparently SuperLeague are in a worse position than NRL... I think he will still be coming over

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Imagine how fat Latrell Mitchell will be with another off season lol

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: I said big things are coming...................

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I very much doubt we will see another game this year.
I can see it now, the NRL will sink what little money they have left into a 6 part mini series celebrating the life of Cam Smith and how his career was cut short due to the Corona virus.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could still have a decent comp with NSW based teams plus Raiders and Warriors who were willing to base in Sydney. Couldn't the Qld teams do similar to the Warriors and base in NSW ? NRL had some offers from a few resorts I've read. If NRL was the only team sport going on in the world could have been a unique marketing opportunity for the game world wide especially with so many people around the world sitting at home at the moment. ESPN were showing interest apparently.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gee that Kayo 3 month free trial really came in fucking handy!!! c*** lol No NRL and no F1, the only two sports I give a fuck about really
I flew to Melbourne and got to the gate with my corporate box tickets just to get turned away.. don't get me started about F1

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good news: we only lost 2 games this season

Bad News: we had a 100% loss rate for the season
This has to be the shortest NRL season in history. We counted the months, weeks, days, hours, minutes even the seconds with anticipation all for two games that are once again recorded against our club as losses FMD :(