Special Mention To Elliott

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not bad, but in this team he's not great either. He isn't very big. If he's playing with Stimson and Jacko, that back row is undersized. As i said happy to have him if there are some really big boys next to him.
To tell U the truth I probably wouldn't even start him... I would have him in my bench rotation before and after half time. But we would need a top shelf when that happens.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Look, he has some rubbish in his game that drives us all bonkers, but he’s also got a shit tonne of aggression in his game and we do lack that across our pack.

When you see him live, he’s the guy that the opposition have a second look at when they’re running the ball as he is looking to get up and jam.

I just wish he was more disciplined and consistent.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He went pretty hard the other night. Hes a good player for our squad

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Rather him knock it on trying to force a pass or offload then our donkeys losing it on one man hit ups. When he pulls it off its beautiful

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive been a big critic of Elliott in the past, but credit were credit is due.. he has started the season of very strong and looks dangerous at times. I would like too see it consistently through out the season now... I still think he would be better coming of the bench for impact though.
We need 80 minute players not bench players we have a lot of those already and Elliot can play 80 on his ear.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was mainly his inconsistency, silly penalties and poor errors that I had an issue with. I've never questioned his effort or desire and he's always given his all every game. If anything sometimes he was guilty of trying to do too much.

So far this year he looks like a different player. In any sport I'm always weary of players improving their form in a contract year and whether they'll maintain that form once they secure a new deal but hopefully Elliott has turned the corner in his career and will find the consistency that's eluded him in the past.
Agree he could certainly frustrate a supporter but hes doing pretty good so far, fingers crossed!

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To tell U the truth I probably wouldn't even start him... I would have him in my bench rotation before and after half time. But we would need a top shelf when that happens.
Yep at the moment hes needed for the 80

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep at the moment hes needed for the 80
Can Elliot go 80? The best lock rotation we have had over the last 2 years was Jacko and Elliot. Probably end up that way next yr if a decent edge rower comes in..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Can Elliot go 80? The best lock rotation we have had over the last 2 years was Jacko and Elliot. Probably end up that way next yr if a decent edge rower comes in..
Thompson should be lock next season imo.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Elliott’s definitely been a standout the first two rounds, he looks hungry am keen, did some good work off-season, have to give him that.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thompson should be lock next season imo.
He would be a fantastic lock but I think we need him in prop tbh. Would rather shift Jacko to lock with Elliot and send RT back to the edge... Doorey should be pushing next yr too.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He would be a fantastic lock but I think we need him in prop tbh. Would rather shift Jacko to lock with Elliot and send RT back to the edge... Doorey should be pushing next yr too.
Feel like the Thompson signing is going to be a bust from everything I've seen. I know the ESL is a different game but he doesn't even average 8m per carry...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Feel like the Thompson signing is going to be a bust from everything I've seen. I know the ESL is a different game but he doesn't even average 8m per carry...
I'm holding my breath tbh because I know what you mean.. He'll do ok but the whole best prop in the business is a bit of a g'up.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm holding my breath tbh because I know what you mean.. He'll do ok but the whole best prop in the business is a bit of a g'up.
He has been smashed everytime he comes up against NRL quality players lol.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has been smashed everytime he comes up against NRL quality players lol.
Yeah i'm sure he'll struggle against the wrestle too. The again you look at other guys like Hodgeson, Whitehead, Bateman and now Williams who were good in the Super league and are stars in the NRL... Who knows just struggling to see anything with Pay at the helm anyway.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think its a lottery whenever you sign a new player some see the money and just go along for the ride after they sign but Thompson has a point to prove, don't know if he will succeed or not only time will tell.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Elliott was almost our best again tonight. The increase in pace suits his game as his footwork and passing ability stand out more.

He's improved his fitness massively this season and has cut out the brain explosions and errors.

He's been a frustrating player for me for a few seasons but again tonight he was great and he deserves a tonne of credit. Now start playing Sweet Caroline!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Elliott was almost our best again tonight. The increase in pace suits his game as his footwork and passing ability stand out more.

He's improved his fitness massively this season and has cut out the brain explosions and errors.

He's been a frustrating player for me for a few seasons but again tonight he was great and he deserves a tonne of credit. Now start playing Sweet Caroline!
Yh I'm happy to keep him and I really think the pace of the game makes suits his game a lot more. Looks a lot stronger with his carries and like you said he has cut down with the brain explosions. His ball playing skills are also a nice touch a miles better than our halfback...

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Well if RFM can put some consistency together we have a back row set cause Elliot is doing well . Just need to replace Tolman and we have Thommo coming next year.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been critical of him in the past but he has definitely moved up the playing ranks while others have gone backwards. Solid game from him today.