News NRL shutdown effective immediately

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lachlan Lewis is one lucky boy... In all seriousness though I'll think we will be ok.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
was only a matter of time, vlandys spoke of guaranteeing players safety before today, now cant guarantee it, sorry but theres no guarantee of anything with an airborne virus

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck my life.........

I just started getting used to my new second home in Townsville and now this!!!!!!!!
I feel for stadium management: he we got this brand new world-class stadium... 2 weeks later....

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Realistically speaking...
The Bulldogs are slow starters, given the improved form late in the season
Bulldogs will make the top 4 people...We are laughing :tearsofjoy::fearscream::disrelieved: ?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It was only a matter of time..

Hopefully this is the death of the NRL so they can create a professionally run competition for once where the majority of clubs aren't losing millions of dollars per year.

This is probably finally the death of Foxtel too, which I won't complain about.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hopefully this is the death of the NRL so they can create a professionally run competition for once where the majority of clubs aren't losing millions of dollars per year.

Super League 2.0??

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Super League 2.0??
Hopefully there'll be significant change. Gus is one of the few people equipped to run the league from a pure football perspective.

I'd love it if he took over and they remodeled everything financially. From how much clubs lose to how much of a farce the policing of the cap and player movement is, a lot of change is required.

A

Alexander the Great

And bring back what the fans want in the new and updated comp.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
olympics will go on and miraculously someone from italy will win gold medal, stay woke!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
"When you are going through hell, keep going"
Winston Churchill.

Stay safe & healthy everone, and look after any & all of your elderly relatives.

Our great club & our great nation will come through this, but at a cost.

All because some Chinese ***** wanted to eat bats or some other wild animal.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee that Kayo 3 month free trial really came in fucking handy!!! ***** lol No NRL and no F1, the only two sports I give a fuck about really

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If any clubs fold due to this suspension or dare I say cancellation to the season there will be a lot of players looking for new homes and a few coaches as well.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If any clubs fold due to this suspension or dare I say cancellation to the season there will be a lot of players looking for new homes and a few coaches as well.
Literally. Ironically rich Chinese will probably end up buying them up

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
NRL will become insolvent and few clubs will possibly die now so we might get a fair comp full home and away league.
if 8 clubs die, we will make the finals this year

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In an unprecedented blow, the NRL season has been suspended indefinitely — effective immediately — after Queensland announced it would be shutting its borders to try and contain the outbreak.

The NRL season has been suspended indefinitely effective immediately.

On an unprecedented day for the game, the NRL has scheduled a chief executives hook-up in the next hour that will decide that the competition has been postponed.

It follows another dramatic day where the closing of the Queensland borders ultimately put the NRL’s hopes of playing on.

The NRL also forced staff to take forced annual leave while clubs across the game had to make huge staffing cuts.

The Australian Rugby League Commission had a midday meeting today but it was after that news greeted them relating to the tough new border restrictions that hit like a sledgehammer.

It is understood these new restrictions might prove an impossible barrier for the NRL to now get over as Australia’s shutdown of nonessential travel.

Queensland’s border closure will take effect at midnight on Wednesday. The Queensland Disaster Management Committee will meet tomorrow to finalise details - including exemptions - and more detail will be released at that time.

ARL Commission chairman Peter V’landys has not given up hope he can find a way for the competition to continue but at this stage of the day it is not looking good.

The NRL are hoping to get more clarity about what the new border restrictions will mean later today.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...n/news-story/c3abe1ad6b1759ea1c7c13b9400e398f
Dean pay is safe

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully there'll be significant change. Gus is one of the few people equipped to run the league from a pure football perspective.

I'd love it if he took over and they remodeled everything financially. From how much clubs lose to how much of a farce the policing of the cap and player movement is, a lot of change is required.
Really mate, Gould policing the Roosters salary cap, after having been closely associated with Politis for what 25 years and probably getting some pocket money to gamble with from him.
STOP LIVING IN CLOUD COOCOO LAND MATE.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Nrl has 10 weeks to start to get the whole season in for the year.
If they dont they break their contract with channel 9 and fox and they lose millions.
Nrl 360 reckons that the $9.8 million salary cap is gone and some Teams wont make it.
Every players salary will be dropped considerably with a new cap
So how does this effect Luke Thompsons contract im afraid we might lose him..