Will RL die or stay alive?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
NRL are in crisis.

They will probably ask the government to bail out struggling clubs.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it will die lol. Oops !!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oh dear the dream of Josh to play with his brother has taken a nose dive.....

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The players should take a 70% pay cut with pay back gaurenteed by the NRL over the next 10 years. So if teams go under they still get the pay back.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We might be in the shit here I assume the Leauges club is shut down this suspension will have a big impact on the club

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t wish any clubs fold
Stick together Rugby League community

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I love how there is a Kayo add right below the second or third article about it on the page, heres a copy paste.

Just 24 hours after the AFL took the same decision, the NRL finally followed suit after the Queensland government took the measure of shutting its borders to combat the ongoing global coronavirus pandemic.

As a result of there being no footy played for the foreseeable future, clubs are left clutching onto their coppers and counting the cost of what could be a catastrophic measure taken by the league.

Watch the 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership on KAYO. Every game of every round LIVE & Ad-Break Free during play. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My theorie no. Because everyone will be on the same level everyone is gonna be affected financially I think tradies on small businesses may be the best out of this outcome we work in smal groups . Rl will survive it’s media scare tactics
Media scare tactics???
Did the media plunder the golden goose that 25 years of rich broadcast deals reaped?
Did the media employ several questionable consultants who no-one has ever heard of and their work remains unpublished or unactioned?
Did the media strategise that an unholy reliance on broadcast deals would prop the game up in the future at the expense of the fan?
Don't have much time for V'Landys but he's right: the game had to continue this season at the behest of its paylords at 9, Sportsbet and Fox.
What does that tell you about the 'independence' of the NRL?
The AFL can afford to suspend its comp. It squirrelled money away and that rainy day has come. It owns its own stadium, it prioritised itself as a game for fans rather than media barons and betting agencies.
Nup. Rugby League won't die but the NRL will, along with the rampant cronyism, nepotism (think Suttons) and hangers-on that have leached the code dry!!

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Media scare tactics???
Did the media plunder the golden goose that 25 years of rich broadcast deals reaped?
Did the media employ several questionable consultants who no-one has ever heard of and their work remains unpublished or unactioned?
Did the media strategise that an unholy reliance on broadcast deals would prop the game up in the future at the expense of the fan?
Don't have much time for V'Landys but he's right: the game had to continue this season at the behest of its paylords at 9, Sportsbet and Fox.
What does that tell you about the 'independence' of the NRL?
The AFL can afford to suspend its comp. It squirrelled money away and that rainy day has come. It owns its own stadium, it prioritised itself as a game for fans rather than media barons and betting agencies.
Nup. Rugby League won't die but the NRL will, along with the rampant cronyism, nepotism (think Suttons) and hangers-on that have leached the code dry!!
Yeah nah