Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So, looks like we might have our 3rd answer as to why "this is not just the seasonal flu".

1. Almost no one on earth has antibodies for this thing
2. There is no vaccine for this thing (yet)
3. Word getting around now that this thing is much more contagious than ordinary flu; watch this

https://twitter.com/gregjames/status/1241838854891622401

The Professor doing the talking checks out, here is one of many info pages on him.
Can't watch the Twitter that slut whore rose McGowan got me wiped the fucking ****

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now 1600 confirmed in Australia we are in oh shit territory.
A week we will be in fuck me dead territory and Indian uber drivers will be panic raping every passenger

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
QLD closing their borders now too, looks like the NRL season is done.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In all seriousness what’s the best way to get dunny paper? Every where and time I go can’t get a roll

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So, in the past few days, I have spoken with a couple of paediatricians at Qld Children's Hospital, Mrs CD's obstetrician, a GP friend and another friend who is a pathologist. Their views are unanimous in that:

1. Whilst the general public is now only becoming aware of the seriousness, they have been trying to warn everyone for ages.
2. Our leadership is quite frankly, shit (and this was united from people who I assume would be both of left and right sides politically).
3. We need to get the fuck home and only go out when necessary.

I started staying home from Saturday, and have pulled my son out of childcare. Our office, although small and fairly "low risk" relatively, is working from home from tomorrow (yes I know many jobs can't so this), and to seriously limit face to face meetings (I had one this morning but of course with no handshakes). Mrs CD, 19 weeks pregnant, is working from home, and we just have to juggle Croydon Pup by switching to a 24/7 type structure. We are trying to now convince our boomer parents to take it seriously, even f my mother lives in a country town.

It is absolutely madness to the extreme the NRL would remotely consider trying to continue, whether in some Qld backwater or not - it also sends the wrong message to the public.

Stay safe. Keep cracking those jokes of course but don't do any stupid shit (I recommend click and collect for your alcohol needs if you're in a state with functioning bottle shops) :grinning:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
QLD closing their borders now too, looks like the NRL season is done.
Short of closing the 8 lane motorway that straddles the border, not sure how this will work in practice. It's not like SA and NT where there are no border towns of any size, there are tens of thousands of people who normally live in NSW who work in QLD and vice versa. Plus you can just cross the road from Tweed Heads to Coolongatta.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
In all seriousness what’s the best way to get dunny paper? Every where and time I go can’t get a roll
Best bet is the Asian dollar stores or cleaning supply shops.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Something else you can do is use newspaper or tissue. Don't flush that down your toilet though as it'll block the pipes. Put them in a plastic bag, tie it up, then put it in the garbage bin outside (like you do with nappies). Then clean your brown eye in the shower.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm having trouble understanding the 'state by state/region by region' scatter-gun approach to all of this. Half the country is doing one thing, the other half are doing something else. Surely we need a consistent national approach? There's so many mixed messages out there, people are confused and don't know what the fuck to do. I know different levels of government look after different things, eg: public transport, public schools etc but there seems to be a lot of 'we'll do our own thing and hope for the best' strategies being taken at the moment.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm having trouble understanding the 'state by state/region by region' scatter-gun approach to all of this. Half the country is doing one thing, the other half are doing something else. Surely we need a consistent national approach? There's so many mixed messages out there, people are confused and don't know what the fuck to do. I know different levels of government look after different things, eg: public transport, public schools etc but there seems to be a lot of 'we'll do our own thing and hope for the best' strategies being taken at the moment.
I think when we have a do nothing federal leadership, some states had to take things into their own hands. I do agree its not what should be happening though.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's what the Morrison government were trying to do. Legally it's set at the state level but the Morrison government were trying to encourage the states to fall in line to avoid confusing everyone. Problem is that the Morrison government's stance was too soft for the states.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Get to the shops before it opens. If you're a Costco member they generally have TP from opening (10am) until around 12pm but the lines are pretty long.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Borders closed I call bs. What about interstate deliveries? That is an economy killer.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watched the following just for source of info:

Says most people dying are people with high blood pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.