Consolidated Pay Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t consider the past 2 years failures under the circumstances. We exceeded expectations.

2021 is the money year. If we’re not performing next year then his position will be threatened.
Finishing strong isn’t exceeding expectations. Once the pressure was off we strung together a few wins, soon as we maybe had a wea chance to make the 8 we lost a couple
to seal the fate.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The NRL incompetence is legendary, but V’landys is a higher caliber Chairman than we have had for decades. The risk minimisation measures they are employing by team and NRL doctors monitoring players’ daily, regular testing, isolating them, using chartered planes, direct point to point, no stay overs, no outside contact, etc etc are smart. Of course one confirmed player case and the house of cards collapses. But until then there is no reason to halt the competition.

The AFL is different, for a start they rely much more (% wise) on the money from fans attending games than we do. Locking out fans makes their games less sustainable, whereas we can survive as long as we have games to broadcast. The business models are quite different.

For once I think the NRL has a demonstrably better strategy then the AFL and they don’t like it one little bit.

Go Dogs
I agree V’Landys is the smartest operator the NRL has had that I can remember.

Have you also noticed he’s been doing most/much of the press work in the past week and Greenberg has taken a back seat? Or does he simply have Greenberg at the coal face and he’s doing the pressers? I may be reading into something that’s not there, but...

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs: Lachlan Lewis had a nightmare against the Cowboys in Round 2 and was dragged to the bench after 53 minutes. Jack Cogger comes into serious calculations to replace Lewis at halfback, having been stiff to miss the Round 1 side as it was. It was this time last year coach Dean Pay made drastic wholesale changes to his line-up in response to a poor start to the season.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Have you also noticed he’s been doing most/much of the press work in the past week and Greenberg has taken a back seat? Or does he simply have Greenberg at the coal face and he’s doing the pressers? I may be reading into something that’s not there, but...
It’s pretty obvious that V’landys is IN CHARGE and I bet Greenberg’s ego isn’t liking it one little bit.

Go Dogs

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay has past his used by date, sick of seeing a team that looks like they couldn't give a shit about winning, we need a coach who gets fucking angry even when we win for example (Bellamy), Pay dribbles out the same shit excuses everytime we lose and instead of dropping players that are totally fucking had the dick he praises them and says we're improving.
Taumololo walked through our defence because our forwards are shit, can't wait to see how he goes up against Manly or the rorters, guaranteed he'll be stopped in his tracks and meanwhile at our club Pay will be praising Tollmans 2 steps forward 5 steps backwards, the only thing us doggies supporters can be grateful for is were not titans supporters.

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think this will be the last year for pay, especially if the suspend the season, it’s time to move on.!! Weather we have the right players or not, we need a proven coach who can get the best out of these guys, because there’s a lot of potential in this team.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay has past his used by date, sick of seeing a team that looks like they couldn't give a shit about winning, we need a coach who gets fucking angry even when we win for example (Bellamy), Pay dribbles out the same shit excuses everytime we lose and instead of dropping players that are totally fucking had the dick he praises them and says we're improving.
Taumololo walked through our defence because our forwards are shit, can't wait to see how he goes up against Manly or the rorters, guaranteed he'll be stopped in his tracks and meanwhile at our club Pay will be praising Tollmans 2 steps forward 5 steps backwards, the only thing us doggies supporters can be grateful for is were not titans supporters.
You really need to get a new pair of glasses if that’s what you are seeing. Watch them walk off at half time and it’s obvious that they are pissed off at themselves for making so many mistakes. They came out in the second half and put in a strong effort, obviously not enough to make up for their abysmal first half but they won the half 10 points to 2. That’s not the sign of a team that doesn’t care about winning.

As for Pay not getting angry you have got be kidding, he could barely contain his disappointment and dismay at how they played in the first half. WhyTF do think he hooked Lewis, he was mightily pissed.

Either get some new untinted glasses because they ones you have right now are giving you a distorted view of the game. Either that or what you are seeing doesn’t agree with your agenda so you are ignoring it.

Go Dogs

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think this will be the last year for pay, especially if the suspend the season, it’s time to move on.!! Weather we have the right players or not, we need a proven coach who can get the best out of these guys, because there’s a lot of potential in this team.
I totally agree on what you said. A good coach will get the best out of what he has and not make excuses. I hope the suspension of nrl doesn't see his contract renewed lol.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I totally agree on what you said. A good coach will get the best out of what he has and not make excuses. I hope the suspension of nrl doesn't see his contract renewed lol.
You an I both mate !!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Of course it will lol

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Agreed.
V’landys projects the image of a boss whereas Greenberg cares more about his own CV

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You really need to get a new pair of glasses if that’s what you are seeing. Watch them walk off at half time and it’s obvious that they are pissed off at themselves for making so many mistakes. They came out in the second half and put in a strong effort, obviously not enough to make up for their abysmal first half but they won the half 10 points to 2. That’s not the sign of a team that doesn’t care about winning.

As for Pay not getting angry you have got be kidding, he could barely contain his disappointment and dismay at how they played in the first half. WhyTF do think he hooked Lewis, he was mightily pissed.

Either get some new untinted glasses because they ones you have right now are giving you a distorted view of the game. Either that or what you are seeing doesn’t agree with your agenda so you are ignoring it.

Go Dogs
I see a coach who cannot coach and forwards who look like their just on the field waiting for the forward next to them to actually run hard and tackle hard, I'm sick to death of mediocrity coming from players who are being paid big dollars to give 100% and a coach who think's Tolman is a great forward when in reality Tolman needs to hang up the boots.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see a coach who cannot coach and forwards who look like their just on the field waiting for the forward next to them to actually run hard and tackle hard, I'm sick to death of mediocrity coming from players who are being paid big dollars to give 100% and a coach who think's Tolman is a great forward when in reality Tolman needs to hang up the boots.
Well it sounds like there will be big pay cuts across the NRL. Let just hope the board cuts Pay

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Plainly you see what you expect to see, you are only looking for and at things that reinforce your already held opinion. Your expectation bias prevents you from looking at things objectively. For example Toleman “hang(ing) up the boots” achieves absolutely nothing. He has a contract for this year and as a result it wouldn’t free up one single dollar of cap space, which is the problem that constricts us until next year. It’s not like you have a good record as far as unbiased player bashing, I’m sure it was you who called Elliot a “useless turd” and that he should be forced to leave by humiliating him in front of the rest of the team.

Go Dogs

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plainly you see what you expect to see, you are only looking for and at things that reinforce your already held opinion. Your expectation bias prevents you from looking at things objectively. For example Toleman “hang(ing) up the boots” achieves absolutely nothing. He has a contract for this year and as a result it wouldn’t free up one single dollar of cap space, which is the problem that constricts us until next year. It’s not like you have a good record as far as unbiased player bashing, I’m sure it was you who called Elliot a “useless turd” and that he should be forced to leave by humiliating him in front of the rest of the team.

Go Dogs
Mate our forwards go alright, Tolman is a bit of a 4th play hog, Elliot’s been good as he was in his first season, RFM is coming good again. It’s the spine and back line we need to address. Oh and the coach..

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Well wonder what the club is thinking about Pays tenure now the season is suspended
Nothing

the most consistent thing the dogs have said since 2018 was 2021 is the year we are back in business and pay is backed until the gloves come off and we are unhampered in 2021. Nasheed.

Status
Not open for further replies.