Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alexander the Great

Peace in the middle east? Nah brother not going to happen,
Gosh I hope you are wrong..
Ps..I’m very concerned about the Palestinians..as it’s raising its head there too.. Actually it could be the greatest Step towards peace if Israel get in there and help them..

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What ever you do peeps keep yourselves and your families safe cause that's all that's important.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Source WHO

Latest numbers
Situation report - #62
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Data as reported by national authorities by 23:59 CET 21 March 2020
total (new) cases in last 24 hours

Globally
292 142 confirmed (26 069)
12 784 deaths (1600)

Western Pacific Region
94 787 confirmed (750)
3438 deaths (12)

European Region
151 293 confirmed (22 752)
7426 deaths (1426)

South-East Asia Region
1257 confirmed (278)
45 deaths (7)

Eastern Mediterranean Region
23 669 confirmed (1314)
1596 deaths (130)

Region of the Americas
19 685 confirmed (808)
252 deaths (17)

African Region
739 confirmed (167)
20 deaths (8)

WHO RISK ASSESSMENT
Global Level Very High

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The Chief Medical Officer said Sydney's north west was a hot spot and in particular Epping.

Hillsong nearby?
I've heard people arguing that we'd have restricted gatherings sooner and implemented isolation on all incoming international traveller's if not for the fact that the Hillsong church was having a huge gathering and the mandate from the church to our religious PM was to allow the gathering in order to help spread Hillsong to the US.

I think Corona is far more widespread over there than they know since they've skimped on testing and due to the fact that any medical treatment is costly there. So I'd be interested in seeing how many of the fresh cases we've been seeing here had contact with Americans from the Hillsong gathering.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I wondered that myself...but thought the map was still informative :grinning:

Maybe its like NSW ....not official but Premier recommending kids stay home?
Why are there 3 colors on that map? Closed, open and...

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The office is very quiet today. A lot of staff are working from home, including my boss. A meeting I was involved in (teleconference) had been cancelled, and the trains were relatively quiet.

I feel for Italy. I think that the reason they have the highest death rate to-date is no so much just because of their aging population, but also because unlike China, they do not have the resources/numbers to cope with this. I know China sent 37 doctors to Italy to help, but they need a lot more than that. Now that China's cases are relatively under control (no new cases or deaths overnight) perhaps they can send more to Italy. Spain, Iran, France and Germany also need help :(
No one has the recources or numbers to cope with this, if the is not strict order in place there will be unnecessary death there in 10 people in Nsw in critical care unit, that 10 alone will already be causing a great amount of time and resources, this half lock down is a load of shit we know what's coming yet still umming and ahhhing we need to be extreme call the military in impose strict curfew in take this shit seriously

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Im in construction as well, and its all come to a halt now.

We purchased a house at the end of February this year and we get the keys next Monday. The wife is due with #2 in 5 weeks time.

Im crushed with all this, but we just have to battle along
I wish you well mate.
Just be strong. Brace yourself for the worst mentally so you can be there for your family.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The office is very quiet today. A lot of staff are working from home, including my boss. A meeting I was involved in (teleconference) had been cancelled, and the trains were relatively quiet.

I feel for Italy. I think that the reason they have the highest death rate to-date is no so much just because of their aging population, but also because unlike China, they do not have the resources/numbers to cope with this. I know China sent 37 doctors to Italy to help, but they need a lot more than that. Now that China's cases are relatively under control (no new cases or deaths overnight) perhaps they can send more to Italy. Spain, Iran, France and Germany also need help :(
Yeah, that's a big part of it. It's also because China and the other Asian countries were prepared for epidemics due to SARS. Italy wasn't prepared. Neither is Australia. It's also the load on the hospital system. In Italy young people are taking up all the beds and the old people are left to die because they just can't handle the load. It's really sad but it's all they can do.

Fortunately Australia are putting more effort in to stopping it now, but probably not enough effort and it's still going to get much worse.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does the Government think it can shut everything down for two years and wait this thing out?
At what point is this ploy declared stupid?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Does the Government think it can shut everything down for two years and wait this thing out?
At what point is this ploy declared stupid?
It's stupid now.
Life should go on.
It should be business as usual.
Put the oldies in isolation
And get on with it.

A

Alexander the Great

Scott Morrison says Australians must invoke the spirit of the Anzacs and the Great Depression generation as we face the "toughest year of our lives".

Too bad half the people that live in Oz Don't understand the concept of the Anzac spirit or respect it. Example A the toilet paper incidents.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's stupid now.
Life should go on.
It should be business as usual.
Put the oldies in isolation
And get on with it.
Not really when we don't know the full effects a few weeks lock down is better than months of pure chaos

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Scott Morrison says Australians must invoke the spirit of the Anzacs and the Great Depression generation as we face the "toughest year of our lives".

Too bad half the people that live in Oz Don't understand the concept of the Anzac spirit or respect it. Example A the toilet paper incidents.
How will the spirit of a biscuit help me? Wtf?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Hopefully we'll have a vaccine for this soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.