Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
State press conferences this morning. It sounds like as rumoured, NSW government were going to announce school closures and heavier lockdown but ScoMo talked them out of it. Gladys is still telling parents that they should keep their kids home even though schools are open.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
State press conferences this morning. It sounds like as rumoured, NSW government were going to announce school closures and heavier lockdown but ScoMo talked them out of it. Gladys is still telling parents that they should keep their kids home even though schools are open.
I listen to it this morning.

Schools will not be closed and kids are encouraged to stay home away from school if it's practical for parents. There is a balancing act here and I think this was a good move for most

In terms of workforce, employees are encouraged to work from home if possible. With the exception of those essential businesses ie Logisitcs, Nurses etc.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I like all the "day X of quarantine" posts of people living in fucking mansions with air-conditioned swimming pool pretending there's nothing to do.

BTW Sam Smith and all those fucktard celebrities lol

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Good thing my local bowling alley closes 12pm. Messaging hasn’t been stellar...

upload_2020-3-23_8-59-27.jpeg

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I take back what I said the other day about party politics staying out of it at a state level.
Fmd NSW

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As I work in the building industry, I feel incredibly concerned.
My industry just like the hospitality industry will be one of the first to colaps.
Im in construction as well, and its all come to a halt now.

We purchased a house at the end of February this year and we get the keys next Monday. The wife is due with #2 in 5 weeks time.

Im crushed with all this, but we just have to battle along

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The office is very quiet today. A lot of staff are working from home, including my boss. A meeting I was involved in (teleconference) had been cancelled, and the trains were relatively quiet.

I feel for Italy. I think that the reason they have the highest death rate to-date is no so much just because of their aging population, but also because unlike China, they do not have the resources/numbers to cope with this. I know China sent 37 doctors to Italy to help, but they need a lot more than that. Now that China's cases are relatively under control (no new cases or deaths overnight) perhaps they can send more to Italy. Spain, Iran, France and Germany also need help :(

Status
Not open for further replies.