Is there a way out

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please as a new kennel member and not really a student of the game can someone please tell me if as a team we are going to make it through this testing time.
Have we been this low before and if yes how do we make it out.
CHN and Oken have really hurt us as a club and while the timing is never good it couldn't have come at a worst time.
I love our team and support them 100% can someone just spell out to me the path forward for us as a team.
Kind regards

I truly believe our club is one club who won’t die , 200 million in the bank and 6 houses and land . We are well off but it will severely affect us that’s no lie, but our team is also 8 premierships and numerous runners up, club oozes success and any other club going through what we gone through would of folded surely . Our team while not the best still does well comparing to others , we also have the best head to head rating win ratio against Melbourne storm although they did get us in 2012

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a few pessimists who are unable to see the green shoots at our club, what we need to do now, is to start with the spine,
Firstly I would allow Wakeham and Averillo to play and develop in the halves, it will take a year or two.
Secondly give Meaney a real go at FB, all 3 have upside IMHO, those 3 should make up 3/4 of a good spine.
By far the biggest missing link is a good No.9, when the CC cup resumes I would even experiment with Cogger at 9.
I would be very confident that this team would make the 8 in 2022 maybe even in 2021.
Meaney
DWZ,
Harper
Hoppa
Smith
Averillo
Wakeham
Napa
?? a good 9,
To-omanga
Chn
Jackson
Thompson.
RFM Britt, Ogden, Stimson, Elliot,

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I feel like all these threads are recycled from past two seasons which means ain’t nothing has changed

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You nailed it lol.

With that team we will be wooden spponers in 21 and 22
There are a few pessimists who are unable to see the green shoots at our club, what we need to do now, is to start with the spine,
Firstly I would allow Wakeham and Averillo to play and develop in the halves, it will take a year or two.
Secondly give Meaney a real go at FB, all 3 have upside IMHO, those 3 should make up 3/4 of a good spine.
By far the biggest missing link is a good No.9, when the CC cup resumes I would even experiment with Cogger at 9.
I would be very confident that this team would make the 8 in 2022 maybe even in 2021.
Meaney
DWZ,
Harper
Hoppa
Smith
Averillo
Wakeham
Napa
?? a good 9,
To-omanga
Chn
Jackson
Thompson.
RFM Britt, Ogden, Stimson, Elliot,

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I feel like all these threads are recycled from past two seasons which means ain’t nothing has changed
We're out of the salary cap mess next season. If we sign top players it won't be like this year and the previous two. Otherwise expect same same. A bottom four side on paper. We need to get a competitive roster and than a top coach when available. The Knights were able to do it so we should be able to too. Otherwise thank u, next board and we've wasted three years.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You nailed it lol.

With that team we will be wooden spponers in 21 and 22
Are you saying that finishing wooden spponers is worse than finishing wooden spooners.
OK tell us what our club should do to make competitive in the future, surely you don't believe that the club should resign Foran,and pay overs for a few Super Stars who probably wont have their heart playing for the club.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We're out of the salary cap mess next season. If we sign top players it won't be like this year and the previous two. Otherwise expect same same. A bottom four side on paper. We need to get a competitive roster and than a top coach when available. The Knights were able to do it so we should be able to too. Otherwise thank u, next board and we've wasted three years.
If this season is cancelled, does that mean our cap is still in the shit for 2021?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Recruitment is our best way out of this mess starting with the spine. No NRL team can be successful without experience and talent in the spine. We don’t have either atm
Posted in another thread that we should sign Tristan Sailor and Lachlan Lam. Would give us some fresh options for our spine regardless of if they are in first or reserves.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll go for the bold prediction, the way out is corona virus.
The NRLol has to stop the season, they run out of money and can't afford to come back in its entirety
4 of the poor clubs don't make it, Manly, Tigers, Titans and Sharks gone.
We pick up the Trjobevic brothers, Marty Taupau, DCE, Sami, Ramien, B. Bailey and Joey Leilua., sack Dean Pay, hire McGuire and win the comp for the next 5 years.

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No use crying over spilt milk but the NRL has got itself in to a mess from which there's no way out.
Neither the NRL nor the Murdoch press would ever admit it but the NRL's 'Golden Years' have been squandered away by years of financial neglect and paying 'consultants' and hangers-on squillions only for them to arguably deliver a damp squid. SMH provided a lengthy list of the 'consultants' engaged over the past 10 years. I'd never heard of them, nor have I since.
To find itself with reportedly $70m in the bank with nothing else to show for it and the prospect of that money vanishing if the game if forced into suspension is scandalous at best and deserves a Royal Commission.
THAT'S WHY V'Landys needs to keep the game going. Without it there's no bread n butter broadcast income, but London to a brick, without a game, there'll come mounting debt, player insurrection and legal action over their contracts (funny how 'contracts' can all of a sudden, mean something), foreclosing clubs and hundreds if not thousands out of work.
If the financial profligacy of past NRL/ARFL administrations is a reflection of the state of the game then god help the future. One thing's for sure, the NRL will be a vastly different competition when we come out of this viral mess!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Leagues clubs stay closed for any considerable length of time and games called off it will become a potential doomsday scenario - 2021 amalgamations across the board, relocations or whatever it will take to get bills paid and money coming in.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
once we stop using most of our cap on forwards, and coupons on halves

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please as a new kennel member and not really a student of the game can someone please tell me if as a team we are going to make it through this testing time.
Have we been this low before and if yes how do we make it out.
CHN and Oken have really hurt us as a club and while the timing is never good it couldn't have come at a worst time.
I love our team and support them 100% can someone just spell out to me the path forward for us as a team.
Kind regards
Patience,we will get through this,we just need to stick together,and support our young team,remember we have the youngest team in the nrl,and one of the richest clubs in the nrl.