Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tomorrow licenced pubs, clubs closed. Off licence bottle shops excluded, retail premises, cinemas nightclubs closed. Places like Maccas take away only ( probably drive through).
Helps at least some people to stay employed /trade. Yep, lessening contact way to go.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Even tempered. School tomorrow and will remain open? Relying on health dept advice.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Schools still open
Your thoughts on that? The kids can still get it and are open to taking it home with them.Parents will not be penalised for keeping kids home and those who want to send can...Kids kept at home parents must ensure they do not leave home and go to shops etc.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Even tempered. School tomorrow and will remain open? Relying on health dept advice.
He is lying, his pause and body language proves it. That's why he said "tomorrow".

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
ScoMo overruled the state governments and forced them to keep schools open.

I'm pretty sure that's a constitutional breach as federal government can't overrule state government on public school matters, but I could be wrong.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Your thoughts on that? The kids can still get it and are open to taking it home with them.Parents will not be penalised for keeping kids home and those who want to send can...
Well my kids aren't going tomorrow. We have my wife's 87 year old grandma living with us and she has heart problems so we aren't going to risk it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
ScoMo overruled the state governments and forced them to keep schools open.

I'm pretty sure that's a constitutional breach as federal government can't overrule state government on public school matters, but I could be wrong.
See how he left it up to the parents? He knows he can't stop schools closing and trying to save face.

Just like the SSM vote, they wash their hands and leave it up to the public. They don't want responsibility of whatever happens.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well my kids aren't going tomorrow. We have my wife's 87 year old grandma living with us and she has heart problems so we aren't going to risk it.
Think of yourself too my friend.

I don't know about your kids but mine are pretty stressed about the whole thing. I think that it is quite fair that if you don't want them to go there is no penalty. My youngest is in Year 11 so it is an important year for her. She is a bit different to some other kids who think they can't or won't get it .Close contact is the main concern...try getting a kindy kid to keep distance from their little playmates.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just close the schools ffs.
I find it strange that I ,an informed adult have been excluded from school ( and yes I am aware that it is for my own good) yet teachers are put at risk and young kids....

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Think of yourself too my friend.

I don't know about your kids but mine are pretty stressed about the whole thing. I think that it is quite fair that if you don't want them to go there is no penalty. My youngest is in Year 11 so it is an important year for her. She is a bit different to some other kids who think they can't or won't get it .Close contact is the main concern...try getting a kindy kid to keep distance from their little playmates.
My kids are 7 and 6, pretty switched on. I have taught them to be extra careful and cleaner, basically to be aware but not to panic.

PS I'm the bottom of my concerns, I've dealt with deadlier viruses, bring it ;) Some may call it arrogance, but I just have too much faith tbh.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I took the step of suspending my YMCA membership today for three months at least and they are now closed anyway. Got an email from them this week saying that in the event they are forced to close for health concerns immediate suspension of payments for membership will be done by them in real time so no one is charged for days they are unable to attend. Should measures be implemented for further time of closing payment still stays suspended until the time I can return. I will just have to do fitness at home which I have done in the past but I will miss my group classes.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I would really love to know the REAL reason why he doesn't want to close schools. Not falling for this "won't someone tgink of the children" bullshit.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My kids are 7 and 6, pretty switched on. I have taught them to be extra careful and cleaner, basically to be aware but not to panic.

PS I'm the bottom of my concerns, I've dealt with deadlier viruses, bring it ;) Some may call it arrogance, but I just have too much faith tbh.
Positivity is key. Maybe our mums were spot on when they gave us the advice on cleanliness, especially the old chestnut of making sure you have clean underwear in case you get hit by a bus...;).

Has he cancelled the NRL yet????

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Positivity is key. Maybe our mums were spot on when they gave us the advice on cleanliness, especially the old chestnut of making sure you have clean underwear in case you get hit by a bus...;).

He only mentioned important stuff :p

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I would really love to know the REAL reason why he doesn't want to close schools. Not falling for this "won't someone tgink of the children" bullshit.
I think the point about if parents keep kids home, which they are entitled to do, they STAY home not go to the beach etc. it is a puzzling one indeed and I know that a lot of the staff are not happy that they are still in the firing line as it were. I think I read today or yesterday that a parent testing positive caused a schjool to be shut down. NO parents are allowed in the playground at our school.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

The nrl is as good as gone just haven't announced it yet no more footy season is done

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It seems that only places where a lot of people can gather are closed and social distancing to be practiced at others. Pubs, clubs,cinemas, close but take away open.

Status
Not open for further replies.